Search results

1. B

Marantz 6200 anti-skate problem

That is miserable.
  2. B

What is the longest pre-recorded audio cassette?

I don't know really; but the narrower gap between the coils is reached at the exact middle of the tape. Maths teachers must elaborate an exercise with this!:D
  3. B

Here are some pics:
  4. B

It worths a pic. But I need find it first.
  5. B

I have this one and it scares me a lot: https://www.discogs.com/Peter-Gabriel-Secret-World-Live/release/12827423
  6. B

8 track anyone ?

Come on you 8-track users! You all are truly ignorant people! You even ignore what "DC bias recording" means.:hug:
  7. B

best sounding 8 track player

But... We 8-track users are DC bias proof... Aren't we? Happy new year!
  8. B

Guidance on tapedeck repair

:oops:
  9. B

Do erase heads ever fail?

It may be a backtension problem. I'd take a look at the belt that links supply hub with the clutch that provides backtension (and at the clutch itself, of course). They both help for a good tape-to-erase head contact.
  10. B

Help with a National FM15 boombox

You need to change the position of the "beat cancel" switch. It is often coupled with the "FM stereo/mono" one
  11. B

Just given free Akai X-1800SD R2R - now what?

Add also some oil in the wick oilers and in the felt washers for that purpose (not clutches). Sewing machine type or multipurpose oil is O.K.
  12. B

Automatic Radio 8 Track Play HE-6779 with an antenna?

I'd like it had a FM transmitter. :)
  13. B

Denon Cassette Deck Screeching With All Tapes

Hi! Excuse my poor English. I was meaning you need to oil capstan motor bushings if noise comes from motor. Put a little oil amount in the one at the pulley motor end.
  14. B

Denon Cassette Deck Screeching With All Tapes

Put a little oil drop on both capstan motor ends but not in capstan bearings. Sewing machine oil is good and a little toothpick is an excellent tool for this task. Forget all about holes on motor and touch the motor axle with the very same oily toothpick itself as near as you can from both...
  15. B

Piano-Keys not Dis-Engaging

It could be a worn belt. Service manual must be helpful for sure.
  16. B

Sony TC-K707ES 3 head cassette Deck - intermittent problem

I don't think you are the culprit or the problem is caused by yourself. Keep calm and wait for someone to provide an explanation for the door refusing opening; SONY decks are really tricky indeed!
  17. B

8 tracks!

Glad to know about this. Could you provide more information about it?
  18. B

Lloyd’s 8 track player

Congrats!
  19. B

Mega Rare Pioneer M-7A Tape Player

Thanks Aerochrome.Some pics from the web:
  20. B

Realistic cassette boombox help?

Radioshack catalog don't say anything about Realistic SCR-39 having that function; so i assume it haven't. http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/html/1990/h045.html
  21. B

Realistic cassette boombox help?

On mostly of boomboxes it is as easy as put the two tapes in it and push down both "play" keys. As soon as deck 1 autostop kicks in, deck 2 starts to run. -The "continuous play" thing.
  22. B

'89 Sony Tape Deck WR-510 Not Spooling?

HIFIENGINE has manuals for the WR-500. Mechanics are very probably the same. Only registration is needed (free).
  23. B

New and blank cassette tapes.

Don' worry about tape type; it can handle all types: I, II and IV. Sony decks likes Sony tapes.
  24. B

New and blank cassette tapes.

If rubber is O.K. in your deck, and it doesn' make screeching noises, inconsistent speed or souns dull, very probably no oiling nor allignement are needed. Lately I am getting my cassettes mostly from yard market (only if they are clean and good looking) is cheap but sometimes I meet...
  25. B

R.I.P. Kegger

RIP Kegger; and the best for your parents.
Back
Top Bottom