Search results

1. B

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

My Sx980 that is driving them is 80 watt per channel. Looking at the meaters i usually peak them around 4-10 watts, depending on the music I am listening to. I also just paird them with a sub, which I am loving. I don't like too much bass, just wanted to prop up the bottom. For subs I like not...
  2. B

I got my dirty weekend MKiis a few days ago and have been listening to them a lot along with comparing them to the RF82iis. A lot of people complain that Klipsch RF82s are too bright, I don't find that to be true at all, for me, they come off as a bit boomy compared to the ZU DWs. The ZUs are...
  3. B

On a whim, I just ordered a set of DW MKIIs today. I figure, what the heck I can always send them back. If they work out they will be replacing my RF-82IIs in my primary system, and those will go to my office. Has anyone upgraded the "bypass caps" caps on them? I hear some people are running...
  4. B

Pioneer SX-3800 and CT-F950 Service SW Michigan

Good Afternoon Everyone, I have a Pioneer SX-980 in my main Center which was restored by Pacific Stereo a few years back. He did an amazing job on it, but I am looking to see if there is someone within about 2-3 hour drive of Kalamazoo (southwest Michigan). I have a SX3800 which I would like...
  5. B

Has anyone tried these crimpless "push" wire connectors?

Those are quite common for house wiring around here (code says they still have to be in a box), no issue with them for line voltage. I prefer solder and tape for use on audio equipment, but those are better than wire nuts. Wouldn't use them for anything that carries a signal though.
  6. B

Pro-Ject Xpression II VS Rega Planar 2

Thank you for the response. I will probably get a chance to listen to them this weekend. My Technics has developed a rumble, not bad but I notice it, any suggestions to quiet it up?
  7. B

Pro-Ject Xpression II VS Rega Planar 2

First things first, HI everyone, I am new to the forum, but a long time lurker. Currently I have a SL-D2 and am looking for an upgrade, the old Technics is becoming my basement turntable, and am looking for something a bit better for my AV room. Two people are offering to sell me their used...
Back
Top Bottom