Search results

1. Moth R. Superior

Help? Kenny KA-7100

Greetings, I am having problems with the left channel of my Kenwood. It simply isn't there. HOW DO I SOLVE THIS? thanks in advance! -Mike
  2. Moth R. Superior

I broke my sx1050.. maybe

Hello, so I had an accident today and my sx1050 fell off a table. Now the right channel does not work.. What can be done?
  3. Moth R. Superior

prosonic

who made "Prosoniic' and does anyon e know the history of it?
  4. Moth R. Superior

SX 1050 Speaker not and three not working. Everything else is fine...

THAT IS SUPPPOSED TO SAY SPEAKER ONE Speaker one was out when I bought it,,and so was the indicator light... Otherwise the problem is in the title of the post .
  5. Moth R. Superior

I think I might have screwed up my SX 1000 TW

So I was gifted an sx 1000 tw around xmas and it needed some lamps. It sounded fantastic!! Well i just got the lamps in the post today, and after changing them ,no sound. NOTHING. What have done?
  6. Moth R. Superior

KR 9400 or SX 1050 ??? Copmare and contrast... What's your choice?....

COMPARE not Copmare.... What's your opinion, Would you choose a KR 9400 or an SX 1050? Both have 120 WPC However the SX has 10Hz to 50KHz frequncy response the KR 5Hz to 40 KHz the SX THD 0.1% the KR THD 0.02% the SX Signal to noise ratio: 75dB (MM), 90dB (line) the kKR Signal to noise ratio...
  7. Moth R. Superior

Christmas blunder SX- 1050 VS. SX 1100TW

I've just noticed I put sx1100 in the title, What i meant was SX1000TW.. (can't figure out how to edit the thread title) So this year I've been x-tra good, and the wife allowed me to buy a new piece for my main music room. So I went with a semi-expensive and monster sx1050. Now i've got no...
  8. Moth R. Superior

My first monster

I've gone and bought a monster receiver. A Pioneer SX 1050. I like it, but now I want some speakers that I can push a bit, really kick the tires a little. Any suggestions?
  9. Moth R. Superior

Sansui BA-2000 speakers hook ups

Is that it? only room for 1 pair of speakers? Am I missing something?
  10. Moth R. Superior

Guidance and suggestions.. please

Greetings, I am on the market for a new (to me) receiver. I've sort of narrowed it down to 4 differend brands, not so much the models though, although they are all similar. As it sits: 1. Sansui 9090db/or 990 2. Pioneer SX-1050 or 1250 3 Marantz 2275 or 2325 ($$$) 4. Kenwood model Eleven iii I...
  11. Moth R. Superior

I've got a brand new hum (pioneer sx 750)

Hello all, So, I've got a new hum goin' on. it almost sounds like a power sort of hum (as opposed to grounding) it shows up on everything, AM, FM, AUX, PHONO... any ideas? thank you in advance! -Mike
  12. Moth R. Superior

Greetings, advise?

Hey fellow AKer's, I've come to you once again for advice. I have the opportunity to purchase an AR XA with the original box, pretty minty shape. I have searched on line for the Mayware Formula 4, MKIII tone arm, but to no avail. Needless to say I have interest in upgrading not only the tonearm...
  13. Moth R. Superior

Speakers speakers and more speakers.

Over the past couple of weeks I've had very good luck with speakers. First off, I found a pair of Realistic Mach ones, gave 'em a shot ($40, couldn't say no) and they were alright. Party speakers for sure. Glad to have 'em in my collection. Second, I grabbed a pair of Janszen Z2- CF, my first...
  14. Moth R. Superior

Speaker I.D. and crossover help please

Hello, I've recently purchased a pair of unidentified speakers that have a crossover like I've never seen. They appear to have 3 caps and 2 resistors. (2 1uf 50VPC, & 1 10uf 25V) They look pretty old as they still have RCA jacks to hook them up. The boxes are real wood veneer, & they're very...
  15. Moth R. Superior

KLH Model 6 tweeter

A little while ago, I lost the tweeter on a pair of model 6's. Now, I know that they are the same tweets that are in a couple of other KLH models. Only problem is that some of them appear to be 4 ohms and I need 8 ohms. I was all set to buy a set from some model 17's and then I noticed the...
  16. Moth R. Superior

Info - identification thrift store find

Thrift store find. I picked them up because of the Phenolic ring tweeter, I figured there's gota be SOMETHING good about them.. But the name "Acoustics" is the name of notorious kabuki or white van speakers. Bottom line is they sound great! any info? Thanks -Mike
  17. Moth R. Superior

OHM questions

If I run a pair of 4 ohm speakers through a 25 watt receiver, am I in peril?
  18. Moth R. Superior

Altec Lansing Model 9's Modded ????

Hey people, I just picked up a couple pairs of speakers on the cheap, one pair is Altec Lansing model 9's. As I was doin' some research on them I'd noticed what looks like a mid and tweeter replacements. I am not sure of this however, the lady i got 'em from doesn't seem like the type to do this...
  19. Moth R. Superior

New Pioneer PL-41

And I love it! It was given to me (so the price was certainly right,) Right now I'm using it on a Technics 5570, I had it going through a Marantz 2215, but I wanted some ooof! So I tried it with a Pioneer SX750, which I usually use with a Technics 1400. (I think I'm gonna stick with the Goldring...
  20. Moth R. Superior

SX 750 VS. SX 838

I'm currently using an sX 750 but I've the opportunity to get an SX 838, wit both of them being 50 WPC, does anybody side with one or the other? WHY? Thanks for your feedback..!!!
  21. Moth R. Superior

Pondering Pioneer

Hey AKer's., I'm here for advice. I'm currently using on one of my systems, a SX 750, now, I've got the chance at an sx 838. Both are 50 WPC, any really noticeable differences.???
  22. Moth R. Superior

A little help with I.D.

Thrifting this weekend, I came across these speakers. There's no brand or logo on them. 12" woofer, 5" mid, 3" tweet. Spongy grills, a little dirty, but still in good shape. The woofers have a smaller square magnet with the codes: 1007 7434 137. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  23. Moth R. Superior

Realistic is off balance...

Hello all, I was hoping someone could give a little advise to my situation. I picked up a Realistic STA 820 on the cheap, and it has an issue with the balance. Now, I've had similar balance issues before but only with headphones. The left channel is out, and the right works. However, when I...
  24. Moth R. Superior

Twin Cities?

Is there any type of community/gathering/swap/club type organization based around audio enthusiasts here in St. Paul/Minneapolis or the TC area? Is there any interest?
  25. Moth R. Superior

Pioneer VSA 9500 Why no info?

Can anybody tell me anything about the Pioneer VSA 9500 that I just picked up? Every blasted Google search, chatboard search, and picture either takes me directly to the SA 9500, or the VSX 9500. I cannot find ANYTHING about this A/V unit. I thank you all.
Back
Top Bottom