Search results

1. dneu201

Project Debut Carbon Evo - motor wont run

I just recently purchased a $20 Project Debut Carbon Evo. It is missing some parts I need to source but the motor does not spin. So that’s the first issue I need to tackle. I have the US wall wart version that requires a 15 Volt DC wall wart, which wasn’t included. I used an external PSU I had...
  2. dneu201

2SA1102 And 2sc5577 replacements for Sansui 3900Z

Hello, needing some help on a Sansui 3900z. I got this unit not working and determined there was an issue with the outputs A1102/2sc5577. I ended up purchasing pairs of A1104/2sc5579’s and after installing and setting the bias the receiver worked fine until I turned the volume up to higher...
  3. dneu201

Sansui 3900Z - Output Transistor Equivalents

Hello, I just recently purchased this unit for $40 in non-working condition knowing I would have to fix an issue causing the power fuse to blow instantly. I tracked it down to the left channel output transistors and confirmed both sides work if I move the working outputs to the opposite channel...
  4. dneu201

Marantz Model 30 Vintage receiver - Noisy with streaming

I have a Marantz Model 30 vintage receiver I rebuilt. Everything works great, except when I have a Bluetooth dongle or my Bluesound node hooked up to it there is noise on the phono. Both of those devices add buzzing, whirring and whizzing noise into the phono and especially in the right...
  5. dneu201

Marantz Model 30 - help Biasing

I have been restoring a Marantz Model 30 that was claimed to have been worked on by a tech locally. Upon opening it I realized the inside was caked with dust, the phono was noisy and the amp needed a recap. I cleaned the unit, recapped, swapped all transistors in the phono/tone board. I had...
  6. dneu201

Marantz Model 30 Vintage - Phono Help

I recently traded for a Marantz 30 integrated. Everything works fine except the phono. Without or even with a turntable the left channel puts out a horrible oscillation noise in my house and I believe it to be bad caps or transistors in the phono. the amp is silent on the other sources but...
  7. dneu201

Heathkit AA-14 and AJ-14 rebuild

I was given the two heathkit pieces in the title with wood cases and both pieces work, but one channel is slightly quieter than the other. From what I heard from the owner, the two pieces have been sitting in storage for a VERY long time. I cleaned all the pots and switches and fixed a faulty...
  8. dneu201

Help Diagnosing SANSUI 5000A amp Channel cut in Late

I was given a free Sansui 5000a with the 6013 updated driver boards. The original owner gave it to me and informed me one channel doesn’t work unless it’s turned at least halfway up. i cleaned all pots and switches multiple times and tried the unit. Sure enough, left channel kicks in at the...
  9. dneu201

Pioneer SX-980 DC Offset Unstable

About 5 years ago, I recapped a friends SX-980 his dad had been using in his garage and I was able to get the unit back working 100% but just cleaning it up and replacing the capacitors. About a year ago he told me the amp started distorting when turned up and the protection relay kept kicking...
  10. dneu201

Decware ZKit1 Hum with Potentiometer

I just built a Decware ZKit1 that is experiencing some low level hum and I was hoping to get it fixed before I started on my second unit. Here is what I am experiencing and have tried: -on 86db eff. speakers I can’t hear it. -on 101db eff. Cornwall IIIs I can hear w/in 3 feet coming from...
  11. dneu201

Yamaha CA-810 - Restoration Project

I just recently purchased a Ca-810 with a CT-610 tuner from an antique store and the unit powers on but no relay click and the headphone out does not work. - I cleaned the pots and switches - blew out the dust -fired it up on a dim bulb tester and it comes on with no issues - Checked...
  12. dneu201

Marantz 2230 Clipping Setting

My friend was having popping issues with his Marantz 2230 and I traced it down to a noisy transistor on the preamp board. I was able to fix it and decided to check bias and clipping. Bias was still set correctly but I am curious on how to get the clipping set up correctly. I DO NOT own an...
  13. dneu201

Need Bottlehead Manuals- Kaiju and BeePree

My friend owns an audio shop in Houston and a woman (whom her father had passed away) left him with a ton of DIY Kits, including three Bottlehead DIY kits. The Eros had a manual, but I need the below two manuals so I can help him build them: - Kaiju 300b - BeePree 300b Any help would be...
  14. dneu201

Pioneer SX-850 Differential transistor change?

I am recapping my Pioneer SX-850 and have been changing out the problematic transistors along the way. The receiver now works great after recapping & replacing the transistors on the tone board, but I have questions about replacing the Q1-Q4 2SA726s (differentials) on the main amp board. - If...
  15. dneu201

Pioneer SX-850 Tone Control Issue

I just purchased the above Pioneer for $150 at a local music store and it was being sold as-is because the tone controls did not work. I brought the unit home to test it and everything works except, of course, the tone control. The problem being, when engaged, it has a low hum, music plays...
  16. dneu201

Pro Ject Speedbox II Question

I have a speedbox II I picked up for a friend but it did not come with a power cable. I looked all over online for a replacement cable, but realized that the original power wall wart is probably what plugs into the speed box and a new power cable isn’t needed. Am I correct in saying that? A...
  17. dneu201

Klipsch RP-150m vs Fostex P1000

I’m almost finished building an Elekit TU-8200 and need some good, efficient, bookshelf speakers. I listen mainly to classic rock but every once in awhile I’ll enjoy Jazz and some Heavy Metal. Can anyone recommend the RP-150m for music or are the Fostex full range speakers a better speaker...
  18. dneu201

Which Headphones - $500 Budget for Tube Amplifier

I have the below two headphone amps and want to buy some new headphones that could pair nicely with both of them. http://tubes4hifi.com/HA14.htm (main amplifier) https://www.us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/productdetails.aspx catid=hificomponents&productid=hddac1 My budget is up to $500...
  19. dneu201

Thorens TD-165 Buzzing

I just finished restoring a Thorens TD 165 and the last step was re-wiring the tonearm with cardas wires. I followed this link (https://www.vinylengine.com/thorens-tp11-mki-or-tp16-mki-rewiring.shtml) to thread the wires through the headshell but instead ran the wires directly to rca terminals I...
  20. dneu201

Thorens TD 165 recap

I am restoring a Thorens TD 165 and the capacitor on the power cable terminals is a .33uf 400V axial. Can I replace it with a Solen Metalized Film capacitor? The reason I ask is there is not a negative led on the Solen and I wasn’t sure if I could install it either way.
  21. dneu201

VPI HW-19 Platter Advice

i previously bought a VPI HW-19 Jr and have decided to keep it. I moved my Jelco SA-750d onto it and stained it dark. I’m considering an upgraded to the platter but want to make sure it is worth it. VPI has the Scout Aluminum platter for $600 that would fit my turntable. Is this a noticeable...
  22. dneu201

Short Bottle Tubes for 6L6 Headphone Amp

I recently purchased a Headphone amp from Tubes4hifi that was originally created to use 6l6gc power tubes. The unit was built and send to me with 6v6, but I would like to try out 6l6gc's since they would give me more power/headroom. Unfortunately, the case does not fit taller 6l6gc's as I tried...
  23. dneu201

Power Indicator Light for JVC integrated?

I just received a JVC JA-S71 integrated power amp and will be re-capping/cleaning it. The power indicator light is out and I cannot find the replacement recommendation on the service manual. Can someone help me determine what I need? Thanks
  24. dneu201

Garrard Lab 95 Not starting in right location

I am currently restoring a Garrard Lab 95 and am having issues getting the auto-start working correctly. No matter what I select for record size/speed, the tonearm always starts at size 10 no matter what size/speed I select. When I received the table, none of the automatic functions worked and...
  25. dneu201

Identify tonearm on VPI HW-19 Jr

I have the chance to buy a VPI HW-19 Jr at a local audio store for $650 in all around good condition, but the dust cover has some scratches, but not a big deal. My original goal was to replace the tonearm with a Jelco SA-750d, but I may consider leaving it if the tonearm is good. The problem...
Back
Top Bottom