Search results

1. jstang

Nudes & Body parts only

Not sure the Title will fly.... Just for fun, nudes & parts only & on the bench pics only..... oh the carnage I was going thru some old pics and found a bunch of pics.... my junk or junk I was working on.... 500 Nude on test loads by jstang posted Apr 29, 2010 at 5:52 PM
  2. jstang

500 owners - what speakers you using?

What speakers do you run with your 500 and why? Reason I ask is to get some other opinions..... Even if you have try some you did not like.... interested in that too.... So thanks in advance for sharing! I run Ohm Fs and Ohm F2s .... For the Fs I love the 360 degree sound and coherent...
  3. jstang

A warm system is a sweet system....

Never fails to amaze me how sweet my main system sounds if I leave it on over night... Over last month or so, I have been shutting the whole system down to give things a kind of rest... if you will... Ok makes sense so far.... But the detailing is really improved this morning.... I have a...
  4. jstang

Interesting change for me...

Bob Carver tube amp, 7t and some Maggies..... Built the Carver amp from a kit from Carver feist. I am liking it....
  5. jstang

Raining 500s ? Don't get hit....

Well this is one of mine.... The other one I was working on last week was picked up today by its owner. The bench can't be empty for long.... So down to just three 500s in the house.... One in the main system, this one and a parts unit....( and aa punch of parts.... ) My main unit is 100%...
  6. jstang

Wrestling Another 500 Back from the Grave....

This one has been sitting on the bench way too long.... the Owner has been patient....and many thanks for that! It was in sad shape. Several bad caps, resistors and other odd issues....hadn't been running in many many years. 80 pounds of amp on the bench.... IT'S A WRESTLING MATCH AS MUCH AS...
  7. jstang

Model 9s in the Collection

Just added a pair of Model 9s. I just received them yesterday. The seller did not know the status other than the Meters lit up...:idea: So inspected them closely. Cosmetics are 9 out of 10 for one of them, almost a 10 for the other... They could use some cleaning. But figured let me focus on...
  8. jstang

Thread for us Marantz fans to talk about DACs...

Admins, please don't move this to the digital forum... A bunch of us descendants of Saul would like to chat about DACs :) I know....we're "special" :D I will post a pic of my home made "Frankin-DAC"... Aka "she's ugly but she sure can run..." Johnk
  9. jstang

2110 scope transformer repair...

Repairing a scope transformer on a 2110... I disassembled the transformer and found the thermal fuse was popped... The fuse was burried deep in the winding so its a pain in the butt that really needs a rewind. I am replacing it and will rewind the primary side of the transformer. Will...
  10. jstang

Speaker Magnet recharge service?

Can anyone recommend a magnet recharge service? Have some vintage 10pound alnico magnets that need recharge.... JohnK
  11. jstang

Out of this World Record - Model 9

I was going to say a World Record... But that would not be fitting seeing the asking price and the usage... So this is an Out of this World Record.....:zoom: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321464382381 98k $ asking price for a 9120.... :jawdrop: Moderators please don't move this, it is not...
  12. jstang

Recent Fun with Scopes....

Recently worked on units..... Lot of fun.... All needed some level of repair... Laszlo's ST8 back to life....even though its on its back....:banana: Leon's 4400.... No long has Double Vision....:beerchug: A lonely but mint 20 looking for a new home....:wave:
  13. jstang

Philly's got it going... 2385

In the box.... http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/4463208499.html Think he is actually holding that bad boy up with one hand :D ?
  14. jstang

2325 Refub or Time capsule ?

Well I pick up a 2325 the other day in 9.8 of 10 cosmetic shape...with a mint wood cabinet. Not a single lamp out, stock outputs. Very clean inside. But the left channel was out.... Turned out the left channel only had a pinched wire from some shielding in the preamp.... Took a couple hours...
  15. jstang

2325 recap list ?

Anyone have a spread sheet to share? JohnK
  16. jstang

Recent addition 20....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS3UOfyt5wU Just added a second model 20 that was broken when I bought it. 3 hours later, it's working like a top.... One man's broken, is another's fun.... Teamed up with an 7c and early 15. JohnK
  17. jstang

Marantz & Maggie's SMGa's

Just picked up a set of SMGa for a good price local.... Refurbed all glued down but needing some simple fixes. They sound nice, using them on a 4400. Any thoughts? Advice.... JohnK
  18. jstang

High quality pictures from the '70s ?

Anyone have some high quality pictures from the '70s? Specifically to see the difference between LEDs and original velum & lamps. Sure there are some magazine and ad pictures.... But some picture that are clear and show the real coloring and lighting. Or a pic of nib low hour...
  19. jstang

Another 7t Living up to It's Potential

Did this one was done a few months back....:thmbsp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aGSNpXDoT0 Playing through an 8B and Ohm Walsh 4s. Spinning some vinyl.... johnk
  20. jstang

Life of 85* caps in a typical spot...

Life of 85* caps at 35* which is about what I have measures in your typical units... 4400 power supply board is an exception. Is approximately 32,000 hours..... Long enough for you? That is eqviluatent of 16 years of listening 5 hours every day.... Or 2.2 hours a day for 40 years, which...
  21. jstang

Electrolytic Free in 201-Three....

So it has been a long standing goal to have an SS system that has no electrolytic caps in the signal path. Ok the main system is a cdpro with a homebuilt tube DAC , 7t, 500 and Ohm Fs. The Fs have no crossovers... So that was easy... The 500 had one 10u tantalum coupling cap on the...
  22. jstang

You got to love this hobby....

No one home this morning but me, the dog and the system.... Made some recent mods and wanted to give them a high power spin.... With no one home I got the chance to let the system run and stretch its legs..... It gave me goose bumps with a live recording of the DM Band in Central Park. I was...
  23. jstang

My 9 - If you can't buy them, build them.....

Starting my home built Model 9s..... First pic of one of them being mocked up. I am winding/building the OPTs myself. Lots of custom made mechanical parts. This will be a slow build...more pics to come over time. Circuit will be as close to stock as possible, if not 100% stock. I...
  24. jstang

Source for multi section caps and other old can types

I am looking for old can type caps like used in the Marantz model 8s / 9s and other vintage tube units. Needs to be high quality electrically and cosmetically. Would like original looking parts. 40uf x 300v 40,40, 20uf x 500v Have a few sources, but I am looking for first hand usage...
  25. jstang

Source for multi section caps and other old can types

I am looking for old can type caps like used in the model 8s / 9s and other vintage tube units. Needs to be high quality electrically and cosmetically. Would like original looking parts. 40uf x 300v 40,40, 20uf x 500v Have a few sources, but I am looking for first hand usage...
Back
Top Bottom