Search results

1. ARJohn

Excel Es-28 cart, worth a new stylus?

Mine is the EX109-ED
  2. ARJohn

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Well i took that deck into a shop years ago , the shop closed so Inever got it back. How is your deck sound wise compared to other decks , the specs were not that great .
  3. ARJohn

Excel Es-28 cart, worth a new stylus?

Very old thread but I got one of these ES-28 carts on a recent table purchase and bought a Astatic stylus for it from Vintage Electronics , doesn't sound to bad at all .
  4. ARJohn

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

I doubt that will help with the bounce though ? Back in the old days , my first pad , was a run down old shack and we ended up hanging the table from a roof beam on a sheet of plexiglass . worked great unless you slammed the door .
  5. ARJohn

Yeah , I wonder about that one also , I think you should check it out and get back to me with your thoughts :)
  6. ARJohn

Just wanted to update my opinion of my newest Empire stylus for the 2000e carts. The 239-DHE from TTN.com. I have been using in for a bit off and on and it now is sounding really good so I will be leaving it on the table for the next few weeks. This will fit the 2000 & 4000 carts . Not...
  7. ARJohn

Considering getting a Nakamichi cassette deck. What do I need to know???

I have an LX-3 that I picked up in working condition but it didn't sound that great until I sent it away to a Nak repair guy up here . Was $500 but it is my best deck . any of the Naks will most likely need service and not every guy has the tools . Yamaha decks are pretty easy to work on I...
  8. ARJohn

Strange JVC Deck problem

Could it be the pots for record and play level on the board ? My K65 had issues and it turned out it was those crappy little trimmers , Deoxit and turn them back and forth a few times and it has been good since . My line/mic switch has not been an issue .
  9. ARJohn

Marrs Communication

After geting ripped off by Marrs I have been buying from a guy in Portugal , cheaper and much faster shipping and you actually get something shipped to you He is on ebay , I will try and find his name at lunch time. Also turntableneedles.com is a good source
  10. ARJohn

auto Sansui TT fun !!

BTW , is that my Sansui that you bought for your daughter ?
  11. ARJohn

auto Sansui TT fun !!

Hi Jeff , well if the repeat does not work that is a good thing as many get stuck in repeat mode . As for the hum on start , there is a mute switch that activates at start and unmutes after the stylus drops . As for opening it up , what I did was take the platter off of course , secure the...
  12. ARJohn

Sansui SR 1050C won't play at speed

I had same issues with a Sansui , the original belt is no longer available so good folks here gave me the secret fix , put 1 wrap of electrical tape around the platter where the belt rides then check speed , if still not right put another wrap until you get it right . there is a niffty phone...
  13. ARJohn

Marrs up on Fraud Charges (Don't buy there!)

Just google Marrs complaint's
  14. ARJohn

Nakamichi Receiver 1 overwhelming bass ?

Hope it works , nice unit
  15. ARJohn

No I have not , this one is black , my vivid line was clear as made for the 2000 carts .
  16. ARJohn

Little update for 2000 ,4000 users , I took a flyer on the turntableneedles 239-DHE . I like it better than the vivid line, less sibilance, tighter fit in my 2000 and cheaper ...
  17. ARJohn

Monster oddball receiver - Craig 5503, wow!

I solved the issue , using a phono pre with volume control , the tape deck has output control , and a Marantz CD player that also has volume control . Decided to keep the turntable also , it sounds pretty nice for what it is .
  18. ARJohn

So been enjoying this old Craig , thought I would throw up a vid on Ytube , you can hear the difference that 1 step on the volume control makes .
  19. ARJohn

So I ordered 3 sets of binding posts to swap out the ones on the Craig , told my self it would be 1-2 hour job !! Today is Monday started on Saturday ! I am not a tech but figured it's just wires and a bit of soldering , what could go wrong ? I had to order a new set of posts from Amazon and...
  20. ARJohn

It does work pretty good ,the cartridge on it was a very cheap AT which I changed . The button for reject is pretty lame but it spins at almost the right speed and doesn't sound too bad .
  21. ARJohn

that is FM muting only . But it does have a front panel switch called Filter with 3 settings , Normal , Wide , Narrow, which does have a slight effect on sound stage . I was using wide last night .
  22. ARJohn

They light up when turned to radio , all lamps are working .
  23. ARJohn

I just moved into a better location with better speakers and source I must say they is a very nice sounding unit . I have the tone switch set to flat and loudness off and she just purrs with a great bottom end .The 2 issues I have is the binding posts of course , had to hunt through the...
  24. ARJohn

I just picked one of these up yesterday with the matching turntable . The amp sounds very good and seems to have a lot of power. It wouldn't play at first , the phono switch was the problem , deoxit and away she went .
Back
Top Bottom