Search results

1. JHS2RT

My First Fisher

I just recently took the plunge and purchased my first Fisher receiver which happens to be the Fisher 400. Now I'm thinking what speakers would sound really good with it so I'm reaching out to all of the people in AK for some friendly suggestions as to what would be a good sounding matching...
  2. JHS2RT

So What Have I been Up To--

So I have not been around lately. So let me explain. Back in April I had very large kidney stones removed and also discovered I have a very enlarged prostate which is causing me problems. I had to have a second surgery to further clear things up but then lo and behold my appendix ruptured in...
  3. JHS2RT

StereoFisher

I have never dealt with a better a AKer then StereoFisher. I just received two turntables from him and he threw in a little extra goodies to go along with them. He is a fine gentleman to deal with and I highly recommend him. Thank you sir.
  4. JHS2RT

Misty Morgan (RIP)

Misty from the duo of Jack Blanchard & Misty Morgan passed away yesterday from cancer. If you remember their first hit was "The Tennessee Birdwalk" in 1970. They had a string of hits after that mainly on the country charts.
  5. JHS2RT

NOLASALLY

Is a great seller--very fast and has great items!!!
  6. JHS2RT

Need this to be Photoshopped?

Can someone with photoshop experience remove the red truck from the picture and repost for me?
  7. JHS2RT

Junior Brown's Guit-Steel stolen. Be on the look out!!!

Alert! Junior’s guit-steel has been stolen. We are in North Attleboro Massachusetts. Anybody that has any Facebook friends up here in the Northeast Boston, Rhode Island, New York area please send out an alert we need to get the word out!!!! They also stole Tanya Rae's Martin Sbenandoah guitar.
  8. JHS2RT

Who Still Has and Plays Their Reel to Reel.

I do--- I bought a new Akai GX260D in 1973 and still have it. But it is only used to play back my tapes. I love this machine!
  9. JHS2RT

RS STEVE & TIM D. Awesome!!!

Purchased a receiver from RS Steve and it looks to be "Cherry". Tim D drove it to me as he left Steve's house. Awesome guys and Thank you both---you made my day because of temporary health issues I do not get out for an extended amount of time. You guys both ROCK!!!
  10. JHS2RT

BYOUNGMAN1---GREAT SELLER!!

Got my item 2 days after I paid him . It was a very pleasant transaction and item was as described.
  11. JHS2RT

Jeanmarie--Awesome seller.

Received my Shure M95HE today . What a pleasure to deal with . Fast shipping and overall just GREAT!!
  12. JHS2RT

DUAL 1229Q GUIDE

Can anyone give me a clue as to why my Dual 1229Q eats the bottom guide for lunch. That is the bottom stuerpimple (sp). I get about 2 years and it starts to slip--once replaced it is fine for another 2 years. Yes I play it often but all other Duals I have had they lasted for 10 years or so. I...
  13. JHS2RT

Sansui 1000A Restoration Tech Needed

My Mint condition 1000A has started to sound not up to her potential lately.Yes it contains most of the original caps. I live in Central Florida and I'm wondering if there is a GOOD restoration tech somewhere in Florida. I do not want to ship this beauty.
  14. JHS2RT

Sansui 1000A vs 4Ohm Speakers

The Sansui 1000A has a switch on the back for 8 or 16 Ohm speakers. What would happen if I were to drive 4 ohm Cerwin Vega's ? Is this an advisable thing to do with this receiver?
  15. JHS2RT

AK FLORIDA FEST AND SWAP MEET IN JUPITER~~~~

***THIS IS A RE-POST OF MY ORIGINAL POST BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL GOT WIPED OUT DURING AK'S REBOOT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RE-POST YOUR ORIGINAL RESPONSE POST. A splendid time was guaranteed for all and what a time it was! Great food & drink ,lots of music and good conversation. I'd like to thank Mr &...
  16. JHS2RT

Nolasally -Great Seller

Bought a 7inch metal take up reel from nolasally --PERFECT!!! Quick shipping and good item. Thank You...
  17. JHS2RT

New Pictures of Miss Sasha~~~~~~

Now that she has settled in,it has been 2 months and she has adjusted well and is relaxed I thought I post some pictures of her taken yesterday (Jan 21st)
  18. JHS2RT

Pioneer 1280 Question

I inherited my brothers Pioneer 1280-on it there is A "Phono Load Switch" . I'm running a Shure M95HE Cartridge--what is this switch and where should I set it for my cartridge? When going through the 4 selections I hear hardly any difference-but they are slight.
  19. JHS2RT

Secret Santa Mailing

WOW!!!!! Dec 2nd already ----I've got to get off my butt and get my victim's present in the mail.. Just a reminder to all you Santa's --Get you presents in the mail. James
  20. JHS2RT

My New Cat -- Sasha

As most of you know I lost my Miss Bootsie in October . Well I have a new cat , Sasha -a 5 year old declawed female from the Humane Society. She is a very gentle lady and she just came home today and is busy exploring her new home. I'm just letting her do her own thing for now until she get used...
  21. JHS2RT

A Shout Out To Wardsweb

I for one would like to give a big shout out to Wardsweb for all he has done and is doing to perfect the new format. Your countless hours working to make Audiokarma better is deeply appreciated by me and I'm sure by others. Keep up the good work. My hat is off to you Sir!
  22. JHS2RT

God Give Me The Strenght To Resist

No affil ---------but if only I had the room~~~~~ http://treasure.craigslist.org/ele/5286990810.html
  23. JHS2RT

October 19,1975

40 Years ago October 19,1975 -- I was Honorably Discharged after serving 4 years in the United States Air Force. I'd do it all over again--one of the highlights of my life.Started to work for Cadillac exactly one year later to the day.
  24. JHS2RT

Miss Bootsie's Final Viewing

One service the Pet Crematory offers is a last viewing of your pet. I had to go for closure and it was done very nice. I brought her a rose. She had and gave me a wonderful life and she is being treated with royalty as she deserves.
  25. JHS2RT

Deleting Conversations

I don't like a back log of conversations -----I now have 8 --How do I delete my read conversations?
Back
Top Bottom