Search results

1. Straker62

Pink Floyd, DSOTM 50th Anniversary Release.

My 2016 Grundman remix vynil edition sounds exactly like my Original Master Recording CD edition, so I think that I don't need any other edition.
  2. Straker62

Any Dual 1219 users out there?

Thank you for advices, I'm already using the anti-resonator weight, but from 621 instead of 721, and I can hear more precise bass, very useful and effective.
  3. Straker62

Any Dual 1219 users out there?

Could you describe the synthetic grease you used and, above all, a link to the dualfred webpage where could be found the special tools to tighten the tonearm bearings? I'm used to look at Dualfred.de but I have never seen them, surely because I have never known their existence. Thank you in...
  4. Straker62

Cartridge match for Sony PS-X50

Otherwise I think that Goldfish could buy the AT-VM540ML, that is similar to the 440mlb if he won't be able to find one new. Also the 540ML seems very well regarded as a IGD killer.
  5. Straker62

Technics SL-3300 vs SL-1700 MkI

In my humble opinion the 3300 is incredibly overpriced: in my country (Italy) you can't find anyone willing to pay more than 150 euros for it, and I can really understand why: I own a 3310 (black version of the 3300) and a Dual 1219: the 3310 is blown away by the Dual, in my set-up there is a...
  6. Straker62

Cartridge choices for Dual 1219

I don't know that stylus, but original ones are always better than aftermarket ones, but they are more expensive. It's not an easy choice.
  7. Straker62

Cartridge choices for Dual 1219

Hello Dan, I have a Ortofon 1985 brochure in pdf (I can send it to you if you want) in which they perfectly explain the VMS line: the engine was the same for every VMS, but stylus and cantilever was very different: VMS3E: spherical stylus tip 0,8 mg - tracking force 2 g, compliance suitable for...
  8. Straker62

Ti contatto.domattina

Ti contatto.domattina
  9. Straker62

Acutex 312 cartridge

But it's certainly worthwhile in my humble opinion. The Acutex 3xx series is a great sounding one, surely from 312 (probably its sweet spot) on. At present time also the 310 elliptical stylus is available on E-bay at a reasonable price. Nevertheless the prices requested for 320 needles aren't...
  10. Straker62

NAGAOKA MP-200

Great turntable the 1246, the top of the line changer in 1977-1978 line-up with the 2X anti-resonator: I have purchased the same counterweight coming from a Dual 621 and I have installed it in my 1219:as asserted in the 1977 Dual brochure the bass have improved.
  11. Straker62

NAGAOKA MP-200

Which Dual do you have?
  12. Straker62

Cartridge Recommendation for Dual 1219

Perhaps a friend of mine (he's the best Dual restorer here in Italy) within the end of April will let me compare my Acutex 312 with a Nagaoka MP200 mounted on a Dual 721 that he's restoring for a customer. The 721 tonearm is very similar to 1229 and 1219 ones: I will report about this comparison.
  13. Straker62

Ak member #Olddude55 told me in a private conversation that it's VM540ML sounds really excellent on its Dual 1219 and it is insensitive to capacitance variation from 100 to 400 pf: it seems a very versatile cartridge.
  14. Straker62

This is correct for the Dual turntables manufactured from 1974 to 1979, when Dual changed the internal capacitance cable to make their turntable more suitable to quadraphonic standard. The first model with lowered capacitance was, in 1974 the 1229Q: from 1975 on all the Dual turntables came out...
  15. Straker62

An Easy option could be an inexpensive Shure M91 body (or DM103 M-E, or DM101 MG, the Dual versions) with JIco HE or N91 HE vivid line from LP Gear: otherwise Shure M95 with Jico N95 HE or N95 HE vivid line. Probably a fuller sound, surely a better match with Dual 1219 tonearm. But if you were...
  16. Straker62

Piezo-Azden-Acutex Thread

In the last two month I had a very little time to listen to my NOS stylus arrived from Canada (two 315 and a 312): After a break in period of 6-7 hour for the first stylus I was not fully glad about the sound, there was something different in the midrange: they seemed to me not as clear as in...
  17. Straker62

Ehm, the problem is that I'm using the phonostage integrated in my little "genius" amplifier Grundig V20: believe it or not I have compared it with two phono preamp lended by two friend of mine (one was a Goldnote Ph1 - price 600 € and the second was selfmade completely configurable in loading...
  18. Straker62

Also my needles from Canada arrived without a problem, now i'm doing the breaking in of the first 315 stylus: it sounds perfectly, after a breaking in period of at least ten hour I'll compare it with 312
  19. Straker62

What song(s) do you use to evaluate your system?

I like to evaluate vocal and instruments separation: 1) A taste of honey - Tom Jones - taken from LP "From my heart" issued in 1966 2) All the tracks of "The best of the best of Paul Mauriat" issued in 1971 if I remember well. Try to believe.
  20. Straker62

Me too:), but above all I'm very angry with myself for having read the thread announcing the incredible selling of the NOS LPM Needle replacement just a little too late, when all the 320 LPM needles were sold out. On the other side nevertheless I was able to buy 315 and 312 replacement, it has...
  21. Straker62

Hello Athanasios, could you refer about any sound differences between the 315 Long nose with this NOS stylus and your NOS 320 brick?
  22. Straker62

The 320 has a titanium cantilever, the other ones aluminium.
  23. Straker62

Acutex cross referencing help?-thanks

I'm very glad to read this post of your, mine ones are scheduled to arrive within the 28th of January.
  24. Straker62

These are really good news for me: if your M320 sounds awesome coming from 1978, I think that NOS replacement needles for my long nose LPM M312IIISTR coming from 1980 that I'm waiting for in my mail-box should sound ok as well. Congratulations,I hope I have the same luck as you someday, in the...
Back
Top Bottom