Search results

1. Straker62

Which is/was the most expensive good sounding cartridge that you enjoyed on your Dual 1219/1229?

Or in other words; do you think that is unuseful to invest in cartridge above a certain value because the Dual 1219/1229 would be unable to make you appreciate the difference in quality gain? Obviously I'm referring to cartridges suitable to the 1219/1229 tonearm (probably 7,5 gr. Effective...
  2. Straker62

Pickering XV-15 DCF400 help: I need informations

Last night in Italy I fell in love with the posted image: I've always been curious about the MI cartridges of the series PIckering XV-15 and Stanton 681, so when I've seen an auction about this Pickering XV15-400E I have made an offer (I was the second one) even if this Pickering XV-15 DCF400E...
  3. Straker62

Which MM/MI could be an upgrade over an Acutex 312 Long Nose?

Hi to everybody, I'm listening again to the Vynil from a few weeks, after 15 years of listening exclusively CD's, with a perfectly serviced and restored Dual 1219 (in Grundig base and dustcover) with, at the moment, two cartridges mounted on two different cartridge holders TK14 in order to...
  4. Straker62

Are all MI, MP cartridges insensitive to capacitance load?

I have read on Grado specifications that all of the Prestige line cartridges are insensitive to capacitance load: is it true also for induced magnet cartridges (like Micro Acoustics or Acutex 3xxSTR for instance) and for MP Nagaoka cartridges? In my system I have a total capacitance of 420 Pf...
  5. Straker62

Which difference from black to 8MZ body with 8MZ stylus?

I have a Grado Black body that I'd like to update with a 8MZ stylus: however now I have chance to buy a 8MZ signature body for 100 euros. Which difference should I find in sound quality with the full 8MZ combo compared to black/8MZ combo? Ìt is worthwhile to spend other 100 euro over the other...
Back
Top Bottom