Search results

1. MJ5150

Fisher Consoles 1959-1965

Not sure, Matt. Haven't seen or heard your console before so I don't know about the "stock speakers" (I assume you mean the ones in the console cabinet). I wouldn't try to change/upgrade them - that is a big gamble to get speakers that work well inside the console. Instead, recap the speakers...
  2. MJ5150

Hi Matt! Very cool. If you hook up the WS-1 speakers, report back on how you think they sound. I've never heard them in action before. -Mike
  3. MJ5150

Very cool system, Paul-J. One of these days I'll get my hands on a Fisher 400/500/800 without breaking the bank!
  4. MJ5150

65' Fisher Futura VI Repair/Restoration

Dial lamp update: I contacted an Ebay seller (QUA-CO AUDIO) who makes LED fuse lamps and he custom made for me ones that are 2 inch long, with a warm white color. They turned out pretty well. Not too bright at all - in fact they only light up the dial enough for the numbers to glow. Very...
  5. MJ5150

Larry, Much thanks again for the info and help. You are awesome. I'm on the festoon hunt and will report back with anything interesting. If that fails I'll also try the copper extension idea.
  6. MJ5150

Larry - I have a question for you if you wouldn't mind. I measure the festoon dial lamp bulbs as between 2 inches or 2 1/8" long. In a different threat from several years ago I found you listed the dial bulbs as: Dial Lamps 12v .3a 1-1/4"L Fuse Type. (Also Festoons can be used) I'm trying...
  7. MJ5150

PROGRESS! Amp and tuner all recapped etc. and running great. Looking pretty good too, if I say so myself. I need to recap the crossovers, get the miracord changer working properly, and replace burned out lamp bulbs and stereo beacon bulb. But it's running and I'm pleased.
  8. MJ5150

I think this catalog picture is simply wrong - probably didn't match exactly what the furniture maker was planning on doing. I played with the doors different ways and they don't make sense any other way than the way you and I have them. I seriously doubt anyone ever took the doors off before I...
  9. MJ5150

Mucho thanks on the capacitor info for the speaker crossovers. That's on my to do list! Doors: I was already wondering about the direction of the cabinet doors based on old catalog pictures I saw. But, from the pictures of yours it looks like the finger holes are exactly like mine? Maybe...
  10. MJ5150

I also opened up the speaker compartments to take a look. I'm thinking 1164 written on the coils means November 1964? The old Callins date codes on the capacitors I think indicate 1964, so all original!
  11. MJ5150

My Futura VI has been gutted for restoration. I looked around and found two guys in IN who have experience on the components. The Miracord 10F is getting worked on by John at Affordable HiFi in Indianapolis. The turner and amp is being worked on by Bobby at Getchell Amplifiers in Brownsburg...
  12. MJ5150

Awesome information, much much thanks Larry. I have a decent understanding of it all, but have absolutely no experience doing electronics work so I am shopping around for someone to do the work (I'm in IN). The cabinet repair and restoration is something I feel reasonably capable with, so...
  13. MJ5150

Greetings - I am excited that I have acquired a 1965 Fisher Future VI Model F-590 that I hope to repair and restore. 59T is the Tuner chasis. 59A is the AMP (hybrid tube/transistor). The turntable is Elac Miracord 10f. I have found a guy in Indianapolis who can do the repair and restoration...
  14. MJ5150

thoughts on this Fisher Futura VI

It was me! got it for $100. Can't wait to get her back to her original glory.
  15. MJ5150

I picked it up for $100. Cabinet is in good shape, speakers good, it fires up but radio dial string is broken. Turntable is basically in pieces and not connected. I'm looking for help in cental Indiana to get everything working. FYI I posted here with photos if anyone is interested...
  16. MJ5150

Picked up a Futura VI the other day! I'm excited but it needs some work. I'm a newbie with repair/restoration so if anyone sees anything interesting please comment. I'll upload photos as I get this thing into shape! I have a few questions for the good experts here: 1. Anyone know anyone...
  17. MJ5150

Question re 1964-1969 Zenith Consoles & Value

Greetings: I found this old threat and wondering if someone can help me identify the model number of this zenith. It's not quite like ones I've seen before, with the turntable on the left. Thanks. . It's
  18. MJ5150

Greetings....I'm new to AudioKarma and looking for a nice 1960s era console to enjoy at home. This Fisher has caught my eye but it needs work. What do th experienced folks on here think about it's value and potential? Thanks, looking forward to your wisdom...
Back
Top Bottom