Search results

1. Bill Witt

A tube amp that I've been playing with 12at7 and 6bq5's

I've been playing with the idea of building a tube amp from the parts i have laying around. I have used info from all over the web and I came up with this. I have it bread boarded on an old chassis right now that is just easy to work with and it sounds pretty good to my ears but I didn't want...
  2. Bill Witt

Cathode bypass

Ok I'm fiddling with an old rca rs 177a tube amp and it's a well know issue that it's very hard to drive it don't have much gain Now what I was wanting to know Is why couldnt I put a 47 mfd capacitor on the cathode of the first stage to add gain I'm sure there is something I'm missing Thanks...
  3. Bill Witt

Pb11e worth getting a new stylus for

I got a old kenwood turntable and it came with a audio technica pb11e cartridge I can not seem to find any info on it. It looks alot like the at11e but my question it would you but a new stylus for it or just get a new cartridge all together Thanks for any info you can give me
  4. Bill Witt

Sansui 8080 or marantz 2252

I own a marantz 2252 and I'm thinking about trading it for a sansui 8080 both of them are working and I would say good condition and of course they both do need recapping. The marantz looks better on paper to me but I here great things about the sansui. I know my ears are the only way to tell...
  5. Bill Witt

I've been listening

So I have many diffrent stereo receivers I have a pioneer sx-1050, marantz 2252, sansui 4000, yamaha rx-v661 and a adcom gfa-555 amplifier with a nad 1600 pre amplifier and they all have there own sound but for the life of me I can not decide what I like best. I seem to keep coming back to the...
  6. Bill Witt

Neocd 3.0 replacement statements speakers

I was wanting to build the staments speakers but it seems that the neocd 3.0 is not being made any more I need to find a suitable replacement for them I was thinking maybe the NeoX 2.0 any help would be very appreciated thanks
  7. Bill Witt

JBL CF 120

I was looking for some opinions is the components in the JBL cf 120 worth building new cabinets for. I have not had them for long but they sound pretty fair all but the cheap box and maybe some build idea's I would like to start with these to see if I can improve them
Back
Top Bottom