Search results

1. stevoz

HaHaHa...betterrecords used LPs in the $200-$1000 range

So you're probably going to tell us that they're fantastic, but who wants to pay those sort of prices for something which probably isn't that much better than an original pressing, at least not as good as the price difference would indicate? Anyway, are they great? Post edit.....Two OP posts...
  2. stevoz

ADC ZLM find

Great carts, the ADC's. I have a XLM Mk II, it's extremely accurate, if a little bright, and they love very low VTF and low mass arms. I run mine at a VTF of 0.6g!! Great score.....:thumbsup:
  3. stevoz

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

How does it sound 91r100gs? I'm considering the 2016 DSOTM LP, and maybe this one.....if I can't find decent originals of both.:)
  4. stevoz

Cec turntables

Here's some pic's of CEC's flagship TT, the FR-XL1, a 40 year anniversary model released in 1994: Very nice!!:thumbsup:
  5. stevoz

What a stunning recording!:smoke:
  6. stevoz

Now for the Talking Heads- 'Stop Making Sense Tour' Double LP........ah, that's better!:D
  7. stevoz

Just finished 'Liverpool'-Frankie Goes To Hollywood, their second and last album. Very good recording with some great bass:), just a pity it is light years behind 'Welcome To The Pleasure Dome' in the actual music........:(
  8. stevoz

The Police Synchronicity

:thumbsup:Nice gear! No matter what people say about Teac, from what I know, they always made excellent reel to reels. My brother had a friend back in the early seventies who had a Teac R to R and he would always come home raving about how good it sounded and that it was better than records. I...
  9. stevoz

Cec turntables

This from CEC's current website:....."In 1954, when CEC was established, the audio industry was still in its infancy. For example, the field of drive motors for phono turntables was as yet largely unexplored. CEC became the first company to make turntables in Japan, and our products were highly...
  10. stevoz

The Police Synchronicity

Edit: repeat post......bloody broadband!
  11. stevoz

The Police Synchronicity

Because of course we all have 'reel to reel' decks.......:p:DIs there a MOFI vinyl version?:cool:
  12. stevoz

Cec turntables

That's cool, so was I........:thumbsup:
  13. stevoz

Cec turntables

Sorry, edit; repeat post.....again!:mad:
  14. stevoz

Cec turntables

:D Another repeat post, sorry. Farking broadband!
  15. stevoz

Cec turntables

The emboldened quotes above may be related........ie: the first being the reason for the second. Reputation aside, smashing them out like that may not have lead to the best quality product. :confused: :D
  16. stevoz

Cec turntables

Repeat post, sorry.
  17. stevoz

Cec turntables

I'll pointlessly revive this thread by saying my replinthed CEC BD3200 is performing magnificently, so, in regard to all that bickering above, I don't care how many TT's they made (besides a hell of a lot), because they just keep going great.......:banana::bowdown::beerchug::biggrin:
  18. stevoz

The Police Synchronicity

I dug that LP out the other day (Australian pressing), and have since played it twice. Now that I have my system firing on all cylinders, I am hearing it better than ever before. A great album, a great recording, full of dynamic energy and killer beats. :rockon:
  19. stevoz

I have just received a copy of LRB It's a Long Way There (Greatest Hits) from 1978, which was remastered/repackaged in 1982 into what you were playing earlier. It's good to hear those melodies again. I have noticed over time checking this thread, that you and I have similar music tastes, so...
  20. stevoz

Looking for a new phono pre

Took the words right out of my mouth, slippers-on.....I have the Vincent PHO-8 (non tube model) and it is an outstanding phono-stage. PHO-700 would be well worth a look!
  21. stevoz

'The Prelude Implicit' is a great album......Kansas have certainly returned to form with their best album since 'Point of Know Return'. (Somewhere to Elsewhere was pretty good too!)
  22. stevoz

Alan Parsons Project- I Robot
  23. stevoz

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CARTRIDGE

At the moment, my Grace Level II AL........sublime!:thumbsup:
  24. stevoz

weird record album question

That's the releasing agent! :rflmao::banana::banana::banana::rflmao::beerchug:
  25. stevoz

weird record album question

I should have said it's a theory......from my brother:p! We're obviously not as 'enlightened':beatnik: as you are on the intricacies of pressing vinyl. ;) Although if there's anything 'else' to be removed from a brand new vinyl pressing that's not part of the actual pressing process, it must...
Back
Top Bottom