Search results

1. sanjib

Marantz 33 Bleedthrough

I heard this preamp bleeds when you use low-impedance sources like headphones out from cell phones, laptops etc. Check with a CD player or with a turntable.
  2. sanjib

Luxman M-4000 Recapping

As far as I remember now, there was no FET device in this unit. These are normal transistors. First, get a schematic and then you will understand what components are there.
  3. sanjib

Accuphase E-202 blown power supply

According to the schematic and parts list the D1 is the XZ-122, but in my unit, it is jumped with a wire.
  4. sanjib

Marantz 2275 dropped left channel, but….

Clean the speaker selector switch.
  5. sanjib

I’ve misplaced my Sansui Eight power cord. Now what…

First of all, I would like to mention that I have no connection with the website I mentioned. I have bought that cord for my Sansui eight and it works fine. It might be expensive but it was an easy find for me.
  6. sanjib

I’ve misplaced my Sansui Eight power cord. Now what…

http://www.oaktreevintage.com/Sansui_AC_Cable_Replacement.htm
  7. sanjib

Marantz 2226B no R channel

:thumbsup:
  8. sanjib

Transistor replacement

Can you post a clear picture of the transistor?
  9. sanjib

Tandberg 2075 cap replacements

I don't think you need to worry about lead spacing for any hole-mount capacitors.
  10. sanjib

Marantz 2238b muddy sound on left channel

Do you have a scope to check the signal path to detect the distortion?
  11. sanjib

Marantz 2238b muddy sound on left channel

If all transistors and didoes are checked okay, I will suggest checking all the new solder joints and resistors in the signal path.
  12. sanjib

Need some 2SC1400 transistors…

You can try KSC1845, it should work
  13. sanjib

Marantz 2285B no sound

Congrats! Regarding physical hum try what @EastPoint suggested.
  14. sanjib

Marantz 2285B no sound

What is the wattage of the bulb you are using? Is it dimming completely after a few seconds of switching it on? If you think there is no short, measure the voltages at all those pins including J811.
  15. sanjib

Marantz 2238b power supply adjustment

Yes, you are right.
  16. sanjib

:thumbsup:
  17. sanjib

If you have set the voltage to 29V at J722 wrt J724 then I guess at J722 the voltage is almost 43V wrt ground and it is too high. Before switching it on, rotate the R787 to the previous position. Then adjust the voltage at J722 wrt the chassis ground to 35 V.
  18. sanjib

I don't know whether there is any mistake on the SM or not. If the schematic is correct, I would rather connect the Red DMM port to J722 and Black to the chassis ground and adjust the voltage to 35V.
  19. sanjib

At J722 and J723 you should have 35V. At J724 you should have 14V. J722 supplies voltages to the phono and tone board. J724 supplies voltage to the tuner. What is the voltage at J724?
  20. sanjib

Are you adjusting this voltage while you are on DBT or connected directly to the wall? Measure the voltages at the collector and base of the Q750. The power supply board does not supply voltage to the main amp section so you will not have any problem with Dc offset or bias. It supplies power to...
  21. sanjib

Marantz 2285B no sound

First, make sure everything on the PS is working as it should. Voltages at those five pins should be at the value very near to the values in schematics. After that, if you still have the hum you can work on that.
  22. sanjib

Marantz 2285B no sound

Check the voltages on the following pins J807, J808, J809, J810, J811. I guess you said everything was working before recapping the PS. If that is the case then you must have done some mistakes in your work so check your work very well. A nice picture of the PS board will be helpful too.
  23. sanjib

Marantz 2285B no sound

The power supply board provides regulated power to the tuner, phono, and pre-amp board. Since you have done the recapping of the PS board any mistakes there can create this problem.
  24. sanjib

Marantz 2285B no sound

First, check whether your pre-amp section is getting any power or not, as you already recapped the PS. Check the voltages at pin J809 and J810 on the PS with respect to the ground.
  25. sanjib

Marantz 2285B no sound

You have checked the main amp separately and you found it is working?
Back
Top Bottom