Search results

1. sagebug

Best material for a polydome

There's a gentleman on here that swears by those. Do a search on the other polydome threads and you'll find them. I can't seem to find it right now because I'm out and about. I have several versions of those except the four ohms, I have six and eights.
  2. sagebug

In the end I'm running Bobby's domes and Miller sounds. The VIFA with a resistor was fatiguing.
  3. sagebug

Genesis Tech Metal post-Kappa Polydome

I have one I picked up. It's much brighter than a regular poly. Since he wants to be classless and call people out, I'll just point out this guy hosed me on a set of silicone domes. He's a piece of work.
  4. sagebug

Kappa 6.1 custom center questions

Kappa video is muddy. I have 3 of them, all same
  5. sagebug

Infinity Ssw-210
  6. sagebug

I can solder! Haha. Yes my knowledge is very limited when it comes to the internal workings of crossovers, amplifiers, etc. I run a Denon 4400 to center and 7.1 surrounds, and a Denon 200w per channel amp to the 8.1s. 65 in screen centered on a 12 ft wall and bottom of screen is just above eye...
  7. sagebug

Hello all! I keep going through different centers for my system and I'm just not happy with any center. I run Kappa 8.1's in the front Kappa 7.1s in the rear. I have used kappa video in the front, cc3, interlude, a prelude center and even dual kappa video. I guess the next step is to use my...
  8. sagebug

Black Polydome? ..

Look like the Vifa replacements. They are 8ohm and are super overpowering. Too bright and loud. I did use a resistor and it toned it down but they are not good replacements.
  9. sagebug

Battle of the polydomes

Where did you source these? I have one, looking for its twin. Was going to do a custom center channel if I couldn't find another.
  10. sagebug

oh no polydome going

Nope... New ones aren't any better than the vifa/scanspeak. I have all of them..
  11. sagebug

Polydome Material Replacement?

I've tried and built everything. If this guy will ship, I will report back!!
  12. sagebug

Polydome Material Replacement?

For some reason, I can't message him. Can someone ask if he will ship just the membranes to the states?
  13. sagebug

Polydome replacement

It's almost as if they replicated an older, shrunk dome.
  14. sagebug

Polydome replacement

I peeled the voice coil of those and stuck it on a polydome coil.. Not good either,
  15. sagebug

Polydome replacement

True... I only say this because I expect them to. Very thin material. I could see them losing some stiffness, but just a wild guess on my part.
  16. sagebug

Polydome replacement

There's something in there.. Also, the "throw" of the new speaker is very stiff. Maybe it will mellow out when it gets worn in??
  17. sagebug

Polydome replacement

I agree with the above impression. They look and sound awfully close to the vifa's. Thinner material than VIFA. Millers sound better IMHO. Don't sell those OG Polydomes!!
  18. sagebug

Polydome replacement

Still waiting! "The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item arrived at our SAN BERNARDINO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on October 4, 2017 at 1:05 am. The item is currently in...
  19. sagebug

Polydome replacement

I have home made's, VIFA's, VIFA domes on polydome VC's, Millers, the automtive black polydomes, and the clear polys. The original clear polys reside in my living room. We'll see if these take their place! Any paticular way you would like me to test them? Side by side video? how? One in each...
  20. sagebug

Polydome replacement

Cina has the "blueprints" Bet we see 29.99 versions soon..:oops:
  21. sagebug

Polydome replacement

I've bought a bunch at those prices, hope I can get my money back out if these are "better".
  22. sagebug

Polydome replacement

Just ordered two. Will update!
  23. sagebug

What happened to the Chinese company that claimed it was working on the polydomes replacements? Same guys who are making the replica mids for the RS series, IIRC.
  24. sagebug

Infinity Modulus 5.5 driver - In need of repair.

They are rubber surrounds, so I hope not!
  25. sagebug

Infinity Modulus 5.5 driver - In need of repair.

Just a heads up. These are still in stock, priced at 77.00 each. Bought a pair of them. One of mine fried. :(
Back
Top Bottom