Search results

1. MP984

Advice needed, turntable for a £1500 budget: go for vintage or new?

Hello. My main source for the past many years has been digital, and will continue to be so. As a second source I have a Nakamichi ZX9, and I’m thinking of adding a turntable as a second analogue source. Mostly this will be to play the records which I collected in my teenage years, but which I...
  2. MP984

Audiovalve Eclipse preamp: anyone use it? (valve advice needed)

Hello. Anyone else on AK use the Eclipse preamp? If so I have a couple of questions..... First question: I have read on the net that the four valves used in the Eclipse do not need to be closely matched, as the circuit is self-biasing. Is this correct? I can't find this mentioned in the...
  3. MP984

Pioneer M90a: general technical guidance on overhauling it?

Hello. I have bought an M90a on Rinkya, and it'll be delivered in the next few days. All I know from the seller is that it powers up and apparently plays music. Nonetheless I appreciate that it's 30 years old, and will need attention. I'm not a technician but have found a good tech close to...
  4. MP984

Onkyo A-10 - technician for rebuild sought

Hello from the UK. Having been well and truly bitten by the vintage bug I'm now looking for the next amp to go with my TA-F7, AU-111 and BA-F1. At the moment I'm most interested in the A-10. Unfortunately I don't have any real expertise in electronics, and so I need to find a good...
  5. MP984

Sony VFET amps: is there a good technician in the UK?

Hello. I'm fairly new to AK, but a while ago I bought a Sony TA-F7 VFET amplifier, which was restored by the previous owner (including a recap). I'm not a technical expert, but I gather that replacement VFETs are very difficult to find, so if one blows then it's probably curtains for the amp...
  6. MP984

Hello from the UK

I have been lurking on AK for a couple of weeks so I thought I'd introduce myself. I've recently taken an interest in vintage hifi. I'm one of the few people who still plays cassettes (and makes mix tapes), and earlier this year invested hard-earned cash in a fully serviced Nakamichi Dragon...
Back
Top Bottom