Search results

1. loweran

SX-850 restore

Nothing too out of the ordinary. Most of the board are on the bottom and easily accessed. Note that my PS board had a 47uf 50v cap at C14 and not the 220uf 10v that the schematics and parts lists all have. I think that is common. Otherwise the available parts lists are spot on. There is one list...
  2. loweran

SX-850 restore

All done. Ain't she beautiful!
  3. loweran

SX-850 restore

Dragon has been tickled and it is on the meter now getting dialed in.
  4. loweran

SX-850 restore

OK, I think I solved it. It was Q13. I realized after looking at the schematic that these pairs are joined at the B+-. I reused some of the micas and that may have been my mistake. Next up is to put it back together and tickle the dragon.
  5. loweran

SX-850 restore

Update: Pulled Q14 and Q16 again. Pulled the sockets from the heat sink. There is still continuity of the red lead with the heat sink. There is also continuity at pin 29 on the board. Not sure where to look from here.
  6. loweran

SX-850 restore

Update: I removed the screws to Q14 and Q16, pulled the socket from the transistor leaving it in place on the heat sink and they are now isolated from the heat sink, however the red lead on the socket is not. Edit: looking at the board diagram, that red lead connects the collectors and is on...
  7. loweran

SX-850 restore

They looked dry so I went ahead and pulled them, cleaned, re-greased, and re-installed them. However I am now getting continuity on Q13 - Q16. Are these supposed to be grounded to the chassis? I may pull them inspect and re-install to see what the story is. Here are the after pics:
  8. loweran

SX-850 restore

I will give it a look. The stuff on the PS transistors was still good. I might pull one and see what I have.
  9. loweran

SX-850 restore

Here is another question I probably already know the answer to. Is it always necessary to pull, clean and re-grease the output transistors? The grease on the transistors on the power supply board seemed fine. I suppose I should do them for peace of mind. I have some receivers I have done, and...
  10. loweran

SX-850 restore

On the last board, the amp board. For Q9, 10 I realized I only have one KSC2073. For Q11, 12, Mouser is out of stock on the KSA940s. Could I replace these with 863-MJE15032G and 863-MJE15033G? Edit: looks like I was mistaken, they do have them in stock.
  11. loweran

SX-850 restore

There were a boat load of those blue drop caps
  12. loweran

SX-850 restore

EQ Board:
  13. loweran

SX-850 restore

Flat amp and tone boar
  14. loweran

SX-850 restore

Power supply and Protection Boards:
  15. loweran

SX-850 restore

Cleaned the switches and phone1 sounds normal. However, there is still AUX bleedthrough.
  16. loweran

SX-850 restore

Update: all is going well. I went through the bottom of the unit and it sounds great. I do have a phono issue. Phono1 sounds thin and has a hum. Aux is bleeding through to the phono as well. Phono 2 sounds normal. Maybe it’s the switches. I will hit them again. I will add some pics soon.
  17. loweran

SX-850 restore

Well, in that case, I will be replacing them all. I also noted that my PS board had a 47uf 50v cap at C14 and not the 220uf 10v that the schematics and parts lists all have. That has been noted elsewhere, but thought I would put that out there. My board is version C.
  18. loweran

SX-850 restore

Hi All, Been a while but I am preparing for an SX-850 restore. The unit is really in nice cosmetic shape, and runs but needs a recap. I have already pulled the covers off and started some cleaning. I am getting my parts order ready and expect to get started this week. I have a question I have...
  19. loweran

SX-737 Phono Preamp

I would say go for it, and also recap it while you are in there.
  20. loweran

DC Offset for SX-1500T

I will give it a shot. Thanks!
  21. loweran

DC Offset for SX-1500T

Yes. I have done a recap and replaced many transistors as well. I was doing a restore on it. But hooking it up to my test speaker I have one channel louder than the other and it’s distorted. I originally suspected the balance knob, but think it's OK and its something else. At any rate, I need...
  22. loweran

DC Offset for SX-1500T

All I have been sitting on this thing for too long. Any idea how to set the proper voltages for it? Thanks!
  23. loweran

Sx-939 some advice needed

Did you replace the relay? I had a similar symptom in a rebuild and it ended up being the relay contacts.
  24. loweran

Dual 1229 tracking issues

Not sure it its the same on a 1264, but on the 1229, there is a plastic guide that is on the outside of where the base of the arm travels. It's the only philips screw in the unit I believe. Check to see if it's biding with the arm. You can see in the picture to the right of the multi lift...
  25. loweran

Just got my first TT, a Dual 1229...

I would pull the idler and the arm it sits on and clean it up and lube it. That mechanism can get sticky. I had a similar issue with one of mine.
Back
Top Bottom