Search results

1. E

The newest score

All right, I’ve gotten a little more information. First thing I did was hook a preamp up to the power amp of the SX and run a signal to it. At first it just made a humming noise out of both speakers. I couldn’t turn it up or down. I unhooked the cords and then hooked it up again this time...
  2. E

The newest score

So after giving it a deoxit at bath and firing it up I’m not getting any sound. Just wondered if you guys saw any switch, button or connection combo that would be an easy fix.
  3. E

The newest score

Just started cleaning under the hood. Yours is def extra furry!
  4. E

The newest score

So this little cutie got delivered to me today. I have a couple of pioneer pieces but this is definitely a different class. It’s been sitting in a cabinet unused for approximately 25 years. A friend of mine‘s stepfather filed it as part of an insurance claim many years ago. He ended up with...
  5. E

Advent Graduates

Afternoon folks, I’ve got a set of Advent graduates that I really like. The tweeters are super clean and I really enjoy them. I just realized that one of those tweeters isn’t working at all. I swapped around the connections and hooked up another speaker all of which confirm that it’s the...
  6. E

Any thought on this subwoofer?

So I really appreciate the help. I’ve never used a Spectrum Analyser before. There’s a screenshot of what it was reading with pink noise and the subwoofer turned all the way off. Can you tell me what I’m looking at. Sorry I realize this is the super basics but that’s my first time looking at...
  7. E

I left the preamp out of there. It goes from the dac to a toshiba sure-665 pre, then to the Yamaha. And that’s RCA.
  8. E

I’m streaming off of my iPhone to an apple airport to PS audio DAC to Yamaha M-45 to the sub to the advents. Optical cable from the airport to the DAC. Speaker wire for the rest. I saw where the sub had spots for RCA’s. I’m sure I’ve got some somewhere. Is that something I should use instead...
  9. E

Decibel. Stupid autocorrect.
  10. E

It showed the sensitivity at 89 dB if that matters. That was the only taxable listing I saw.
  11. E

So I looked up the specs for the advents and found the frequency response was listed as 55hz-21-khz. On the sub the low pass switch is from 40-120hz. Does that mean I need to set the sub somewhere around 50 Hz. Also, I downloaded a Spectrum Analyser and I’m just starting to piddle around with...
  12. E

Because I talk about my love of stereos to anybody who will listen, A customer at my store the other day happened to mention a subwoofer his brother-in-law was replacing. Said he was a stereo guy and was just upgrading and wanted to find a new home. I wasn’t in the market for a sub but I do love...
  13. E

Help me save my girl

Sorry I’ve been running busy. I’ll get it pulled apart tomorrow and get some deeper pics. I have hope again though. Thanks for that. I’m in Louisville and I know the cats at magnetic tape get the love. They quoted me a deposit price on the phone and then wanted about double when I got there...
  14. E

Help me save my girl

Thanks for all the input folks. I'll get in there and see if I can get a look and some better pics of the power boards to see if there is any difference. And I'll be setting up an appointment with the different spot. As always I appreciate all the help. and this one will get a rebuild if it can...
  15. E

Help me save my girl

Last couple. Thanks for all the help folks. I really do love this one.
  16. E

Help me save my girl

All right, sorry about the lack of pictures. I’m comfortable pulling the thing open but not taking any boards out to get a look at. So here are all the angles that I could find for each board that I saw.
  17. E

Help me save my girl

Hey folks, I’ve got a sad day here. I went to pick up my beloved Realistic STA-2080 from the shop yesterday. I was getting some weird distortion and break out and one of the channels so I took it in with the intention of having him rebuild it. I was told that the board had carbonized. Either...
  18. E

Onkyo R-1

Thanks shrugs and doc. I’m used to the old-school stuff because I love all that Realistic gear. And with all of that stuff the mechanisms are right there. I’ll go through this again and follow the ribbons. I I went with this because it was 20 bucks and the thing has to weigh 50 pounds. If...
  19. E

Onkyo R-1

You are correct. Upon further review it is an A-809. So the black box that is not directly on the back of the face. Or attached to the back of the knob. Excellent I’ll try that next. I did clean and spray the back of all the other knobs with deoxit. Any opinions on this thing. It’s definitely...
  20. E

Onkyo R-1

Hey folks, I stumbled across this Onkyo at a yard sale for 20 bucks the other day. I saw that it was an Integra and that it weighed a lot so I went with it. Get home, plug it in, sounds great. Of course while I’m listening I do the research and see that the input selector switch is a thing. Of...
  21. E

Lets Be Realistic

Hey guys, haven’t been around in a while but I have to jump in on a realistic thread. Like DJwhy60, I’m also a Realistic junkie. Sta-2100 is a the big beast but not my fave. It will stick you to the wall if you blast it though. My daily driver is the 2080, which to me has the best tone and...
  22. E

New DAC for an analog guy

So I’ll need to use something other than my phone? I have a fairly new laptop. It’s about a-year-old but it’s not an apple. It’s a Dell. And then I’ll need something optical to connect the source to the DAC? Sorry the newest piece of equipment I have is an adcom amp but you open it up and it...
  23. E

New DAC for an analog guy

Hey folks, I’ve hit the point with my audio adventure that my equipment vastly outpaces my source. I stream everything through my iPhone using Tidal and Spotify most of the time. I know it’s crappy but this old man is spoiled with the convenience of it. Sorry, I’m rambling. I picked up this PS...
  24. E

Yamaha CR2020

Welcome Jake. I told you there would be some fine folks who would take the time to help you out. Using separates is a great idea. If you wanna come over soon I’ve a pre and a power we can use to check it with.
  25. E

What kind of speaker terminal is this?

thanks guys. It took me a minute to have time to play with things but i've got things rolling. after a good bath of deoxit, I shoved the wires straight in the slots and everything sounds good. this is my second pioneer( the other a pretty sneaky, black plastic sa-1060) and i'm actually pretty...
Back
Top Bottom