Search results

1. ducati_EL34

Ripping CDs to AIFF on Linux computer

Like the subject says, is anyone doing this? Previously, I was doing this with an Apple Computer and XLD software (no Linux version). My music server is a Raspberry Pi 4 running Rune Audio music server. I am attempting to get the abcde script to work properly. It Rips with CDparanoia, and...
  2. ducati_EL34

Liege waffles: Part Deux

Yesterday we tried a different recipe for these waffles, and they were so much better than our previous attempt. The waffle iron is an old one, bought at an estate sale.
  3. ducati_EL34

Liège waffles

We recently made from scratch, Liège waffles. These were so good, I don’t think I will ever eat the standard Belgian waffles, ever.
  4. ducati_EL34

Why was their Klipsch forum bashing?

The subject says it all.
  5. ducati_EL34

Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge

Never mind.
  6. ducati_EL34

Estate sale scroe

Found this at an estate sale listing and bought it. We now have a French Press, Drip coffee maker and an espresso machine. This percolator rounds out the coffee collection. It does not look like it was ever used.
  7. ducati_EL34

What new cartridge for Technics SL-1700 TT

What say ye?
  8. ducati_EL34

New Batman Movie - Marvel take note!

Two thumbs up! initial thoughts: movie did not seem long at all. I did not thing was any part began to drag, slowly. The story telling was evenly paced Robert Pattinson: He separated himself from that Twilight mess. But seriously folks, I thought a younger Batman fit the story really well...
  9. ducati_EL34

Shrimp tacos

Recipe by Rick Martinez
  10. ducati_EL34

Cooking and drinking.

We are making Enchiladas and Mineras. We are toasted and having a fun time. M
  11. ducati_EL34

Why didn’t they ask Evans?

We just finished the first part of this movie last night. Written and directed by Hugh Laurie, the story is well done. And it is favorite period in history!
  12. ducati_EL34

Remakes - The Oxbow Incident

As much as I like the movie with Fonda and Morgan, I feel they shortened the screenplay. I just finished reading the book, and would love to see the book as a movie, in it’s entirety.
  13. ducati_EL34

Klipsch LaScala care

I have a pair of LaScalas, They are bare wood, 1976 vintage. What is the best oil to use to wipe them down with, to protect the wood?
  14. ducati_EL34

What’s on your turntable?

Okay the title may be a bit misleading. The question is really do you leave the last played LP on your TT? I do, and the next question is, at your next listening session, do you start it with that LP from your last session? I do.
  15. ducati_EL34

Imposters

Who here watched this on Netflix and what did you think of it?
  16. ducati_EL34

What is your Christmas movie list?

Mine: Serendipity Love Actually The Family Stone The Holiday The Odessa File
  17. ducati_EL34

SS amplifier with transformer output

I remember reading Audio magazine in the mid to late 80s about such an amplifier but I cant remember the manufacturer. I remember it being ~25wpc Class A. Does anyone recall this amp? Thanks Ducati
  18. ducati_EL34

Looking for a beer that is ~12% ABV

There was a beer thread some months back. I can’t find it now, but someone mentioned a beer that is ~12% ABV, and it was also described as “almost a port”. Does anyone know the beer I am talking about? Thank you.
  19. ducati_EL34

Music list

Moody Blues: the gift Heart: magazine Celine Dion: taking chances Alanis Morrisette: jagged little pill With gimlets throughout.
  20. ducati_EL34

Girls on LP cover - REDUX

went to the used vinyl shop today and saw this. The cover got my attention and pulled it out for a closer look. Dave Brubeck playing Cole Porter, sounds interesting. I flipped over the back and the write up for it had reservations about covering such “dated” music. I thought that was funny...
  21. ducati_EL34

Kanopy.com

anyone else using it? I have watched a few movies. It is not perfect but it offers a free option to go along with Netflix, et al.
  22. ducati_EL34

Netflix

So I was looking for something to watch on Netflix last night. There was nothing of interest. I do not watch documentaries or standup comedians. So those are just taking up space as far as I am concerned. What I did like, I have already watched. I am not interested in another long drawn out...
  23. ducati_EL34

Firefly

i just bought the blue ray of Firefky at a used bookstore. Sadly there was not a copy of Serenity to go with it.
  24. ducati_EL34

Bad hum in 2A3 SET amp

Like the title says, I have this bad hum (in both channels). This amp has was built about four years ago. It has seen limited use. Until now, it has worked flawlessly. I have changed the rectifier tube to a solid state replacement. The hum remains. Adjusting the hum pots for the filaments did...
  25. ducati_EL34

ST-70 one channel with no output.

So I am listening to some music. The amp has been on for an at least an hour. It was playing earlier in the day with no problems. As I was listening, a couple of popping sounds in the right channel and then no sound. shut off amp and let it cool off. I then connect a cheap bookshelf speaker to...
Back
Top Bottom