Search results

1. bigx5murf

Audiosource AMP200 blowing fuses suddenly

I've got an Audiosource AMP200 I've been using for months without issue, suddenly won't turn on. I swapped in a new fuse, and it powers up for a second and dies before the relay can click. Then no response from power button. Replacing the fuse repeats everything again. Opened it up, and the...
  2. bigx5murf

ESS model 10 info

I found a pair locally for a good price. But they don't have the famed ESS tweeters. I'm wondering if the seller doesn't have original tweeters, or if this model doesn't. Haven't been able to find any info on these with Google-fu.
  3. bigx5murf

Need Help with Pioneer HPM-500 restoration

I found this pair of Pioneer HPM-500 for $10 today. They're in good shape, but need a lot of work. From searching old ebay listings, it seems the missing tweeters are PN# 45-717A-1, but I'm only able to find PN#45-717A. The only difference I can tell from the pics is the location of the part...
  4. bigx5murf

Any info on this phono pre?

Not my pictures, but I found one of these cheap, and was trying to find out more about it, and whether or not I want to recap it.
  5. bigx5murf

Help identifying vintage speakers

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/d/ma-speakersawesome-sound/6650536159.html found these on my local CL, and they look interesting. Are they Monitor Audio? The tweeter setup is so unique, looking like something vintage Bose would've come up with. Are these worth the time and money to pickup?
  6. bigx5murf

Technics SL-1200 mk1 too fast

I just picked up a second Technics SL1200 mk1 tonight, because it was on offerup for too cheap. It was too fast from first turn on. I cleaned both sets of pots, and the power switch, contact cleaner from the bottom, and worked them all real good. The speeds only slowed about 3rpm. 33rpm runs at...
  7. bigx5murf

Excited to share source for cheap dust covers that fit Technics SL-1x00

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/073670-Stanton-SHP0002?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=googleps&gclid=CjwKCAiA9f7QBRBpEiwApLGUihgPLCJnhd6wXEYM5srVTTJ05_XuKwWXYekq_y0WLCIocM74BhPHrRoCXyQQAvD_BwE I ordered one of these for $13.40 shipped. As you can see from the pics, it's...
  8. bigx5murf

Anyone try cleaning LPs this way?

My dad had a pack of this stuff lying around. https://www.amazon.com/HomeDoReMi-Keyboard-Cleaner-4PCS-Electronics/dp/B00ITEDDQW/ref=pd_sim_201_8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YCDJ4QVZKS37QTTY666E So I decided to try and clean a few LPs with it. Seems to work really well. If you drag it across an...
  9. bigx5murf

DIY Turntable replacement feet, what did you use?

I picked up a MCS 6600 recently, it's a rebranded Hitachi HT 350. It's in excellent condition other than missing a foot. I've had no luck finding a replacement, and figured I'd have to DIY something, and replace all four feet. Problem is the bottom cover of the TT bulges, so I need taller feet...
  10. bigx5murf

Help restoring Concept 7.5d receiver

I have a Concept 7.5d in excellent cosmetic condition. I'm having an issue with crackling in the bass from right channel only, and it's more prominent in Tape2 input than Tape1, but does it on both. Where do I start checking for the basics?
  11. bigx5murf

Help getting started on Technics SL-1500 restoration

I just picked up this TT for $50, it's in pretty rough shape, but according to the strobe looks like it at least holds speed, and the anti skate seems to work. Could use some help on where to start. The lifter doesn't work, the tonearm rest broke off. Am I right to assume the broken and missing...
  12. bigx5murf

Help Identifying Cart

This cart came with the SL1200 mk1 my wife recently acquired for me. The cantilever is obviously collapse, so it's unusuable, and I don't have a MC phono to use it anyway. I have no experience with MC, and was wondering if it's even possible to get this into functional condition again, and if...
  13. bigx5murf

Troubleshooting SL-1200 MK1

My wife got me a JDM sl1200 mk1. I've gotten it to start holding speed steady. Next problem is the tonearm won't move, and just repeats the same few seconds. I've narrowed the problem down to the anti-skate. Seems like I can play fine with anti-skate set to 1, and the tracking force increased to...
  14. bigx5murf

Help troubleshooting Onkyo TA-630D

I've got one of these I've been working on for awhile, and kind of gave up. The belts are all new, and it was terribly annoying to change them all. Like this thing was not designed to be serviced. Also the record button was stuck, and I worked it loose with WD40 and exercising it. Anyway with...
  15. bigx5murf

Help with Dual CS 508 humming

I'm at wit's end with this humming issue on my CS 508, with 1/2' adapter. I have a bad hum in the right channel, the hum will come and go if I disconnect the right channel rca and move it around. Doing so will also make the left channel cut in and out and hum at times. The ground cable is...
  16. bigx5murf

Help identifying Pickering v15 cartridge

I found this at a friend's garage. He has no idea where it came from. Is it missing a bracket to attach it to a headshell? Or was it for some sort of proprietary headshell? Is there anyway I can use this?
  17. bigx5murf

Where to get replacement rivets for Technics linear tracker

I found a broken Technics SL-J33 for $5 that didn't work,. After taking it apart and hitting it with deoxit and lube. It starts working. But I broke the plastic rivets holding the cover on when disassembling. Is there anything I can use in place of those parts?
  18. bigx5murf

Help restoring a Technics SL-2000

I picked up a Technics SL-2000 I want to restore. It's got a couple of issues. It plays fine, but the cartridge looks tilted to the side, where's the adjustment for it? The tonearm rest is broken, I have a replacement, but can't figure out from the service manual how to replace it. It's missing...
  19. bigx5murf

MCS 2250 Integrated Amplifier

I found one of these at goodwill. Looked like cheap plastic crap, but was really heavy. It didn't work when I got it home, opened it up, and replaced the fuse and it fired right up. Only markings inside was what looked like a Matsushita relay. I'm actually shocked by how great this thing...
  20. bigx5murf

Help with Technics SL-J33

I picked up a Technics SL-J33 for $5. It lights up, but nothing moves. I can't find any manuals for it online. The closest I've found is for the SL-J2. Are all these Technics linear trackers basically the same inside? Where should I start my troubleshooting?
  21. bigx5murf

Help repairing NHT SB1 speakers

I found a sad pair of NHT SB1 speakers at goodwill, and couldn't just leave them alone. They've obviously been dropped, and once I popped them open. I found the baskets on both woofers were plastic, and both had broken. One so badly the magnet cracked the crossover PCB. I've glued the baskets...
  22. bigx5murf

Help getting started on R2R

I just picked up my first R2R machine, a Sony TC755. I'd like some help in acquiring parts I'll need to use it, aside from picking up some albums. So far I've figured the following. 1-Take up reel 2-a pair of reel hubs 3-hub locks Is there anything else? Can anyone recommend a good newbie...
  23. bigx5murf

Help with Rotel RP-2300 suspension issue

I have a Rotel RP-2300, that works perfectly, except for an issue with the suspended platter/tonearm. With the weight of the stock rubber mat on, the platter will bottom out just enough to graze the 45rpm lever underneath. I can use the leveling adjustment to get the platter to clear the lever...
  24. bigx5murf

Behringer umc202hd audio interface, great deal!

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Audio-Interfaces/UMC202HD/p/P0BJZ It's $129.99 on amazon, right now direct from behringer you can get it for $49.99 with a free copy of Tracktion software. I just put in my order this morning. Looks like I'm finally going to replace...
Back
Top Bottom