Search results

1. Lazarus Long

For Canada - $20 Optical Drive Lawsuit Settlement.

Is the answer to ignore when a company knowingly defrauds customers? Do you know how the settlement is structured? Should lawyers work for free? Maybe these lawsuits should be handled by a government agency instead of law firms.. We could shut down the offenders and disperse their assets. They...
  2. Lazarus Long

Anyone sell on Reverb? Experience good and not so good?

Reverb is a good platform. I don’t sell a lot of guitar gear, but when I do I like to list it on reverb. Never had any issues.
  3. Lazarus Long

The Official -Technics SL-1600/1700/1800- Owners Thread

Does anything change with headshell removed? Are you sure it isn’t the amp?
  4. Lazarus Long

ADS L570/2 speakers $40, worth it?

The new forum update has led to way too many old threads being revived.
  5. Lazarus Long

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

That signed Timothy Leary book is pretty cool!
  6. Lazarus Long

There should be a fairly straightforward way of changing it to 110, which might have already been done. If you plug it in, worst thing that’s going to happen is it will be running at half power. What you don’t want to do is take a 110 unit and plug it into 220. Edit: eastpoint beat me to it. Lol
  7. Lazarus Long

TT Cartridge Values

I’m curious what you’ll get for it.
  8. Lazarus Long

Heads-up sale thread - EstateSales and such

I would definitely bid on that.. probably not quite worth a drive to Georgia though.
  9. Lazarus Long

TT Cartridge Values

That Jico is a $280 stylus…
  10. Lazarus Long

TT Cartridge Values

https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=a%26r+p77+cartridge
  11. Lazarus Long

It was absolutely a typo that caught on. yes, I believe it also should be reserved for the really good scores, but maybe not just insane level once in 10 lifetimes scroes.
  12. Lazarus Long

Rotel vintage speakers

They have seas drivers in them. I would say they are worth the value of those. I’d wager they sound pretty good.
  13. Lazarus Long

Ampex 354 capstan motor, where does the oil go?

Thanks for the reply and the info! I ordered some turbine oil that was recommended online. Zoom spout or something like that. We’ll see what happens. Hopefully I can get to this later today.
  14. Lazarus Long

At $5 each the first guy is going to pick the cherries and the rest will never sell.
  15. Lazarus Long

Marantz 2600 Receiver - Austin, TX WOW!!!!

Sounds like it comes with a 50 year warranty.
  16. Lazarus Long

Ampex 354 capstan motor, where does the oil go?

I’m reassembling this old deck after tearing it down, putting in new motor capacitors and cleaning it up. The service manual mentions an oil hole somewhere on the motor. In my past experience it’s usually marked “oil”.. This motor has no obvious spot for oiling.
  17. Lazarus Long

Why wouldn’t you buy them? No interest in parting them out at the very least? That’s some pretty easy money right there.
  18. Lazarus Long

Leestereo's Restoration/Upgrade of a Sansui AU-555A

That really sucks. If there isn’t any obvious damage, you will probably have to trace it down with a scope.
  19. Lazarus Long

They do discount the following days, but after being gaslit by the seller, I have no plans to go back. Plus, an estate sale regular who bought 6 units at that sale told me yesterday that they were all non working junk… hmmm.. weird that they put up a disclaimer sign about everything being...
  20. Lazarus Long

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Pricing for the end user is fine, but don’t tell me that you’re pricing for the reseller if that’s actually not what you’re doing.
  21. Lazarus Long

I was number one and I left with three albums. This is after the seller tells me that she priced everything with the reseller in mind. Fool me once, well you ain’t gonna fool again.
  22. Lazarus Long

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Showed up at a sale 3 hours early only to be thwarted once again by high prices! Normally, it’s whatever. Price how you want. But, this seller told me that the prices were reseller friendly, you’ll be happy with them…. If leaving ZERO or potentially a negative profit on the bone is what makes me...
  23. Lazarus Long

Jolida jd502b Biasing question

Thanks guys. I was looking at a couple different manuals online and both were stating 500mV. Must have been the wrong manual!
  24. Lazarus Long

Jolida jd502b Biasing question

I decided to get this amp out today and play with some tubes. It’s been sitting for a while, so checking the bias is probably a good idea.. It has electro harmonix 6550EH tubes in it. The manual calls for 450-500 mV. The total range I’m seeing on my fluke 179 is from 0-100ish mV when adjusting...
  25. Lazarus Long

Risk in long distance purchase

I’d tell him that PayPal FF isn’t a form of payment that can’t be clawed back from him. What he has done is given up his protections as a seller.. if he’s that concerned with fraud, he should stick to in person cash sales, and he better be triple checking those bills! Lol
Back
Top Bottom