Search results

1. RavenDave

Raven Audio Osprey Review

No..... Thank YOU Rob~! I am so very glad you enjoy your Raven Audio Osprey Integrated. As always, I am here if you need me.
  2. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

Our RavenCaps are proprietary, designed and manufactured in California with SE's input. Our transformers are not cheap... actually they are quite pricey for each price level and they are custom made for us too. The bulk of the weight in our Avian Series integrated amps are the transformers...
  3. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

When it comes to tubes, I prefer to stock all of our amps with quality, matched pairs of old stock tubes... no new ones - even though they are finally getting to be pretty good. But even some of the better new 12AT7, 12AU7, and 6DJ8/6922's etc. can cost $35 to almost $80 or more per matched...
  4. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

One thing we do not believe in and that is anything that has to do with plugs, snap connectors, anything that is not soldered. And you will also notice how simple and clean everything is. THAT is the key to our sound. That and the extreme control that our power supply has on the circuitry and...
  5. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

And Kevin, believe me.... I am going to change that statement. Thanks for your advice on this. I don't want to keep worrying about having anything out there that might not be accurate. I was only going from my designer's explanation of things to me. But when I am here and he is there...
  6. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

I am going to go ahead and go way out of my safe zone and respond to the post. But I hate to because it's far beyond my technical expertise, but I feel like I need to respond somehow before SE gets here because that's not going to happen until the 28th, and that is a while from now. So here...
  7. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

I like the Dixie Chicks.... Those recordings, especially their first, have very nice punchy bass, excellent delineation, very good depth and create a really nice wide soundstage. :rolleyes: :needpics: I am not giving up without a fight~! ....or possibly because I go broke, which is...
  8. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

Great posts... really. If this doesn't make the owner of a small domestic company like mine think (and be a little bit scared as well), well I don't know what would. Drive, enthusiasm, persistence, integrity and maybe even a little too much pride just may not be enough anymore... but I sure...
  9. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

Yep..... we are Americans and we can choose to purchase our products - wherever they are made! It is OUR choice to buy American or otherwise. Absolutely! We are indeed so very lucky to be able to live this way - especially when so many fear for their very lives every single night...
  10. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

I said I would be back tonight to try to answer the biasing question with my designer SE, so I wouldn't get into trouble by making a mistake. SE is traveling this week and maybe by the weekend we will be able to try to get a comprehensive explanation on here as to how his dual-tube monitoring...
  11. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

Let me know when you are ready and I will send you whatever you wish. Thanks!~!
  12. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

OK... was going to go but I noticed your post. Hopefully you will understand if I bow out until tomorrow. I will try to get SE to post a more accurate response as it is his circuitry. I know he uses two tubes to bias and they balance the auditing of the circuit. That is something most other...
  13. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

One more and I'm done. Didn't realize I hadn't recorded our information stamped on OUR board. And Kevin, I have not even "seen" 50,000 amps in my entire life.... so go pick on someone your own size OK.... LOL. And for those that don't realize it.... I'm kidding around. I understand the...
  14. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

Hmmm, guess I attached too many pics. Only two are shown of the 5 I tried to upload. Let's try again. As for the question about our biasing.... Our Osprey is Autobiasing - as in "Cathode" yes - and our Blackhawk Limited Edition and Nighthawk MK2 are "self biasing". More on that subject...
  15. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

Hmmm... I wonder if I didn't have time to come on here once or twice a week to defend myself if everyone would think we were actually lying and everything with my brand on it were made in China or Korea or somewhere else... now I have to post pictures to defend myself? I actually don't have...
  16. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

Oh, by the way... we picked those speaker binding posts for their sound - and also their cost - while trying to keep the overall manufacturing cost down. But they aren't Nobody has had any issues with them over the last 4 years. They are made in Germany not China. Just let me know if there...
  17. RavenDave

Tubes for Everyman!

Art, believe me, the Nighthawk MK2 will have enough power. That 20wpc you are worried about has nothing to do with the actual output power of the amplifier. And it also has a lifetime warranty, plus... I will give you your money back if you are not 100% satisfied. For grins read about how...
  18. RavenDave

New Tube Amp and Speakers-(Raven Audio/KEF LS50s) High Synergy!

Hmmmm.... with that name he might know what he's talking about.... LOL But nope, he doesn't actually.... Let's see...... Chassis made in Trinity, Texas, painted in Huntsville, Texas, tube sockets sourced from Japan (ceramic with gold plated contacts), Resistors: Allen Bradley (NOS -...
  19. RavenDave

We did indeed try putting a headphone output into each, and we also considered a simple clean SS phono preamp for building into the Avian Series product line, but each "extra" lowered the quality of the final sonic signature that is so beautifully rendered now in each product. It also made them...
  20. RavenDave

Beautiful~!~ Looks like a great system now. I'm curious, how does the tuner sound? And the phono preamplifier, tell us about it and maybe you can show the preamp hidden in the shadows to us! Great job on a simply uncluttered system with wonderful basic components that work together with...
  21. RavenDave

We also have a new 30wpc integrated called the Osprey - in Jade Green or Metallic Pearl White. It is in the same chassis as the Nighthawk MK2 and Blackhawk LE, and coming soon the Raven Audio "Eagle" integrated, 65wpc for $5,495. So glad everyone is enjoying their Raven products so much! As...
  22. RavenDave

Raven Audio……anyone?

I am so glad that everyone likes what we are doing~! So honored and a bit humbled. Thanks Guys!
Back
Top Bottom