Search results

1. mitchrl

Anyone in SWF who can re-veneer par of Klipsch original Fortes?

If you ultimately re-veneer then you won't lose anything but a little time if you try staining them first. You might be surprised.
  2. mitchrl

PayPal Questions

I'm not completely sure but I've heard that there are thresholds (total amount and no of transactions received) where Paypal will report and issue a 1099. They also allow you to buy and sell crypto which can also trigger a 1099.
  3. mitchrl

Any HD Radio ready receivers that you recommend?

Looks very interesting. Have you implemented this?
  4. mitchrl

EV Wolverine LS12 in Lancaster enclosure

I can't speak from an EV perspective but I can offer some insight from what I have in hand. I have some LT12's that came inside a pair of Heathkit AE-40 cabinets. These are ported using a tube that is cut to length based on the resonant frequency of the speakers. I have provided a couple of...
  5. mitchrl

Help with Potentiometers and Switches?

How about some light reading? https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_nationaldaAudioRadioHandbook_17034677 It's a little dated but it will help you get started.
  6. mitchrl

Shortwave forum

Not here. The only one I know of (other than reddit) that is kinda active is on eham.net.
  7. mitchrl

Radio Shack lifetime warranty........

So I guess I might have a problem trying to use my Radio Shack Free Battery Club Card? ;)
  8. mitchrl

Are there really any good affordable portable Multi-band/Shortwave radios?

Lots of good suggestions and I will add another. It would be nice to try before you buy and we know that is nearly impossible with current events. Once we get back to "normal" (whatever that will be), consider visiting a ham radio convention/swap meet and peruse the offerings. You will be...
  9. mitchrl

Are there really any good affordable portable Multi-band/Shortwave radios?

Found a Tecsun PL-660 for under $100 on CL. Has everything you are looking for but I have not used the air band so can't comment about how well that works. AM/FM works well and the only SW I listen to are the time stations. I frequently listen to 80/40/20 meter ham bands and the bfo works well...
  10. mitchrl

Amazon is not selling stuff anymore

That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world.
  11. mitchrl

Any Rechargeable batteries for a multi-band radio?

Sorry about missing the part about 6 D batteries. Does it have an external connector for 12 v DC? That may give you another option to cobble together a battery pack with rechargeable nimhs or lifepos.
  12. mitchrl

Any Rechargeable batteries for a multi-band radio?

Also note that a 9v NiMH may not be a 9 volt battery. In most cases a 9 volt NiMH is composed of multiple 1.5v NiMH cells which are actually 1.2 volts each. Some 9v NiMH's are 6, 7 or 8 cells (7.2v, 8.4v or 9.6v). I have a Tecsun shortwave radio that uses NiMH's that has a setting for 1.2v or...
  13. mitchrl

Hi Bob, Sorry to bother you but I'm wondering if you have any meter bezels for the 170DC/300DC...

Hi Bob, Sorry to bother you but I'm wondering if you have any meter bezels for the 170DC/300DC. Thanks! Robert
  14. mitchrl

SiriusXM problem

As per my limited experience with SiriusXM, I think they only offered annual and lifetime and maybe monthly. Lifetime meant the life of the device and the owner I believe. If the device is still in your possession and you are the registered subscriber and this device has a lifetime subscription...
  15. mitchrl

Heathkit AE-40 Console with AS 173 Speakers & Garrard Lab 80

Your cabinets are gorgeous. I picked up the same units in San Antonio via Craigslist. My speakers had 12" EV Wolverines which I am replacing with some other vintage EV components. Mine also included a Garrard turntable as well as Heathkit AA-100 and AJ-41. I don't understand the common ground...
  16. mitchrl

Marantz 1250 feet

A couple of caveats: my 1250 is unassembled and I think this is the correct foot and I don't know if the correct feet were in place when I received it. It appears to be 1"x3/4". Images follow: HTH Robert
  17. mitchrl

Sneaky Pete S2E2 - Kid Charlemagne Cameo

Well you know, he did convert for the jokes. ;)
  18. mitchrl

Great transaction with santa!

I just completed a transaction with santa. Glen was extremely helpful giving great advice before and after the sale. I received my ST-70 quickly and in great shape. I look forward to dealing with Glen again. Robert
  19. mitchrl

Random movie quotes....

Mel Gibson in Payback. "The boss says, 'Come and get it.'" "I'll thank you to remember there's only one boss around here." "Yes, sir, and she says, 'Chow's down.'"
  20. mitchrl

Realistic is usable.

How about adding a ranking? I'm pretty sure the 2100 is #1 but I would be interested in how you rank the others. Thanks! Robert
  21. mitchrl

Random movie quotes....

Is this "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms"? Sorry can't name the actor. How about "Always with the negative waves Moriarity".
  22. mitchrl

Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys!

I saw him perform a few times in Austin back in the 70's. I also remember a Lone Star beer radio commercial where he says something like "When it's starting to get kinky, it's just getting right for me".
  23. mitchrl

$99 Topping D30 ( DSD ) DAC + A30

I've been using my D30 with my Note 3 phone and a generic android tablet with no issues. I do have a question concerning power. Can I power my devices by utilizing a usb hub between the D30 and my android devices? Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom