Search results

1. Croaker

New (to me) 2270 is a dirty girl...

oh I will, but at this point I only have the P800 board recapped, there is much more to do before I do anything but testing with a DBT.
  2. Croaker

lol.. Guess I will have to find some then. hopefully this weekend I can get some time to work on it.
  3. Croaker

So I wanted to address this in a separate posting, for these boards I am cleaning them by putting them in a 40hz ultrasonic cleaner with Bransonic EC. It cleaned all the oxidation off the solder and really cleaned up the board, need to adjust my times to ensure the solder mask doesn't get...
  4. Croaker

Thanks for the info, I had thought about a sharpy or paint maybe... not sure if the wife has any green fingernail polish... Thanks about the quote.
  5. Croaker

So got the P800 board out cleaned and recapped, but I am kind of concerned that the solder mask seems to be coming off in some places. any opinions?
  6. Croaker

ha! My wife always says I am an annoying perfectionist and suffer from scope creep, but that I am almost always right in the end. I have a habit of over engineering lol.... On a side note, has anyone used Bransonic EC in a ultrasonic cleaner for older PCB boards? The smell from that thing...
  7. Croaker

Ok so the parts are in, just trying to finalize my plans on whether to pull the boards and clean them or clean them inplace and just recap.
  8. Croaker

Just bought a 2230, advice pleasw

Regarding volume level, I don't believe the wattage of the speaker really has as much to do with your sound level as the sensitivity or the efficiency, couldn't find anything on the stage 4 but the stage 44 says they are have a sensitivity rating of 89db which is a pretty efficient speaker but...
  9. Croaker

Thanks, Glad you are feeling better as well. Scratch the P4672-ND - ECQ-V1H564JL I mistyped the PN should have been 4672-ND an insulator not in Digikey... Must have added the P and not thought about it. Looks like I can get the others off epay, though I am loath to buy items like this from there.
  10. Croaker

Ok finally feeling better again and got around to checking the preouts, definitely getting sound out of the pre's, but nothing through the amps. I started to order the caps from the BOM and Digikey doesn't carry the following are there suitable replacements? The ones listed on Digikey have...
  11. Croaker

Marantz 1030/1060 P700 Board Replica

wow, this is art, amazing job at recreating that board.
  12. Croaker

My first Marantz to be...

I have a 2230 with Klipsch KG4's and a Pioneer PL55X and it all sounds great to my ears, but some think the horn loaded Klipsch can have harsh upper range. The 2230 could probably do with a re-cap, but still it is a sweet little amp in a 15x25 room it can get too loud for me.
  13. Croaker

Thanks Bkphoto, not my style though, I am more into the vintage look. If AMK had ever made the Champagne faceplates, I would look for one of those. Perhaps I can get a pinstriping brush and redo the black ink.
  14. Croaker

I made a bonehead move, since I have been unable to get anything going on the inside I decided to clean the face plate, the nicotine was so thick I was soaking it to free it up and of course the paint in the lettering started to peel. It is stamped so I may can repaint, still though pisses me...
  15. Croaker

yes it was the transformer, I was being a dolt. So further testing - nothing through the headphone jack, plan on seeing if the Pre outs will feed another amplifier's aux in, thought I am not holding out much hope. My work area was a victim of another section of the garage getting cleaned and...
  16. Croaker

No there is no click and the sound I mentioned is coming from the amplifier section just by the speaker jacks, it sounds like speaker hum to me, but it is definitely not coming from the speaker.
  17. Croaker

ok, so I got the dust blown out and there is definitely no sound on the outputs to the speakers and an audible hum when powered up.
  18. Croaker

Had to go down and check, not sure if it is Champaign or nicotine, but it is definitely stamped. Great eye, the face plate has some scratches and nicotine around the knobs etc. My 2230 can carry the load so I can take my time with the 2270, though I will have to think about sending it to a...
  19. Croaker

Last night I picked up a 2270 of CL for $100, ad said it didn't work but not sure that is altogether true since the owner only tried it on FM and the FM bar on the back is torn off. I will find out later after I scrub her down. DSCN1256 by Croaker posted Feb 4, 2016 at 11:45 AMDSCN1268 by...
  20. Croaker

Pioneer PL-55X $130 was it a good deal?

Yes the return is rather noisy. Honestly it plays well but I am refurbishing a pl-570 those tt'S are just too sexy. I also have a Marantz 6100 on the way from Cali, just love those wood finishes.
  21. Croaker

Pioneer PL-55X $130 was it a good deal?

Hi, first time post here, but thanks for all the knowledge you guys share. Now for the question. I recently picked up a Pioneer PL-55X locally, the veneer is in very good shape the only aesthetic issue is the smoked dust cover has a repaired crack (break) by one of the hinges. Everything...
  22. DSCN1243

DSCN1243

23. DSCN1248

DSCN1248

24. DSCN1240

DSCN1240

25. DSCN1244

DSCN1244

Back
Top Bottom