Search results

1. camerakid

So I Found this Piece of "Art" in the Backyard Today...

So I was outside spraying spiders that were hiding in hose faucets when I came across this: Yep, that's a pentagram in my yard with my brother's pale foot going through it as he destroys it. I understand that pentagrams have a good meaning (sometimes) and they're not always satanic, but...
  2. camerakid

Fix for Photobucket Images not Showing up

Well, I was browsing a flashlight forum that I like to visit every so often, and someone had a link to a Chrome extension that fixed the thing with Photobucket where, instead of showing the images, it would say some crap like, "upgrade your account to activate 3rd party hosting." I've been using...
  3. camerakid

My New Little Toy!

I decided to order a cheap GoPro knockoff (SooCoo C30) on Wednesday and it arrived on Friday. I ordered the knockoff for two reasons: 1. It was around $300 less than a Hero4 Silver and had pretty much the same specs. The only 2 problems with the C30 I can find are these: the C30's 4k is fake...
  4. camerakid

Your Favorite Underrated Bands and/or Artists

Just as the title says- what are your favorite underrated bands and/or artists? Any genres are welcome. My favorite is a band called Alpha Rev.
  5. camerakid

Speaker ID... kind of.

Okay, here's the dealio with with this sub: I saw it sitting on a shelf at Goodwill for $9.99, but after 50% discount it came out to be exactly $5. The only thing I know about this sub is it's model number, manufacturer, year it was made and enclosure design. It is a Lancer Electronics LE-1SW...
  6. camerakid

"Remote" Channels of Onkyo TX-904 not Working

Hi! I got an Onkyo TX-904 about a year ago from Craigslist, and when I got it the Remote channel wasn't working... there was sound coming out, but the volume knob did nothing. I kind of just let it slide, as I only had one pair of speakers back then. But, when I tried using it again today, I had...
  7. camerakid

Where to Buy Turntable Dust Covers?

I bought a Fisher MT-6410 off Craigslist for $100 a few months ago, and the dust cover is severely scratched. Not cracked, just scratched. I need a replacement cover, it can be glass or plastic, I don't care, but however it cannot cost a bazillion (200+) dollars. I checked evilBay and there is...
  8. camerakid

How to get glued-in drivers out?

I went to the thrift store a few days ago and left with a pair of DLK Model 1's for $35. After some Howard's Restore-A-Finish, followed up by some Feed-n-Wax, they looked really good! I glued neodymium magnets to the grill and nailed same nails into the speaker, which line up with the magnets on...
  9. camerakid

Problem with my BPC Onkyo tx-904 receiver

I knew this day would come... the day my Onkyo tx-904 receiver would crap out on me. Here's the story: I decided that tonight I would do some low-level listening. After listening to AC/DC Highway to Hell, I noticed the audio didn't sound "right". I just naturally thought it was the horrid...
  10. camerakid

Canon or Nikon?

I've noticed that there is a few photographers here, but even if you aren't a photographer, what brand of camera do you use? I, personally, like Nikon because they've kept the same lens mount for decades, so you can take almost any Nikon lens and put it on almost any Nikon camera. Also... if...
  11. camerakid

How to get vinyl veneer off particle board enclosure?

I'm gonna make my Mitsubishi M-SS5's look GOOD for unce by putting some nice Walnut vinyl veneer on them, instead of the ugly black textured vinyl it already has... I just need to peel off the old vinyl. Four words about that though... easier said than done. I've been working on this thing for...
  12. camerakid

DCM Timepiece for $25?

I was scanning CL earlier and found some DCM Timepiece speakers for $25, about 1 hour and 48 minutes away. Is it worth it to drive 2 hours for these? Here's a picture from the listing:
  13. camerakid

Need Loud & Low Speakers $350 or Under

Hi! I've been on the market for some speakers that are loud and can go low. I just don't know which ones to get.... I've been looking at a few brands, like JBL, Klipsch, Infinity, CV, stuff like that. But, again, I have no idea what to get. My budget is $350 or under, but I can maybe extend it...
  14. camerakid

When did you start collecting audio gear?

How old were you when you started collecting gear? I had my first full-on stereo at 11 yrs old.
  15. camerakid

How to Use Analog Light Meter?

I was digging around in the garage today, and found a box full with stuff from my dad's recording studio. I found a nice light meter, and also a real nice pair of Fostex T20 Planar headphones. This thread will be about the light meter. I have no idea how to use this item. Here is a picture, that...
  16. camerakid

Craigslist Speaker ID

I was browsing the Free section of CL today, and I say this pair of large 3-way speakers. I just can't figure out what they are though. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/zip/5631995270.html Whatever they are, it looks like they have an up-firing driver... The white woofer and up-firing...
  17. camerakid

Need Recommendations for Speaker Stands

Since we are moving to our new (bigger) house in Valley Center, I'm going to have my OWN listening room (one that does not have all my dad's computer crap shoved in to it), and my system will be more than speakers with a wooden board across them with my turntable and receiver on top. It will...
  18. camerakid

Worst Vinyl Fails You've Ever Seen

I like threads like this, so I decided to make one. Post pictures of the worst vinyl fails you've seen, or just describe it if you didn't take pictures. I'll start off... I ordered a lot of 20 of vinyl records off eBay for $17, and this is one of the records that was broken and taped back...
  19. camerakid

Sony PS-LX350H?

I'm new to this vinyl stuff and wanted to get into it, so I was looking around my local CL for some TTs. I found a Sony PS-LX350H TT for $80 and about 40 mins. away, and I was wondering if it is a good deal. Here's a pic from the seller: As you can see, it's in great condition. But, there's...
  20. camerakid

Best Place(s) to Find Audio Gear for Free in San Diego?

I've been bitten by the speaker bug... again. I thought not being homeschooled anymore would cure the bite, but no. I just want to know... does anyone here who lives/lived in/near San Diego know the best places to find free audio gear? Any junk yards to visit? Any good dumpsters for dumpster...
  21. camerakid

Optimus 10 Band Graphic Equalizer Worth it for $40?

I was scanning evilBay this morning and saw an Optimus 10 band equalizer for $40 + free shipping. I was just wondering if it would be worth it for 40 bucks. I need an equalizer for my system and this would be my first one (if I bought it, of course). I was also looking at some other ones like a...
  22. camerakid

Drop-in replacement woofer for Minimus 7?

Hi! I got my first ever pair of Minimus 7's from the thrift store about a week ago, and after I took the grills off I noticed the woofers were moldy, and the surrounds are just absolutely gross; they have black powder on them that won't come off. And the grills are rusty, and I like them better...
  23. camerakid

I made my first open "baffle" project today...

And I love it! You'll see the photos and see why I put baffle in quotes. But anyways, I love these! It sounds like the vocalist is right in front of you, the cymbals are coming from somewhere in the back, and the guitar is very off to the side; something I never noticed with my regular box...
  24. camerakid

Strange Message on the Back of My Speakers...

Well, I discovered something not too long ago... I was going about my day, about to plug in my vintage Knight KN-3009 speakers; but then, I noticed something quite strange, something was ingraved on the back particle board cover of the speaker. At first I thought it was just scratches so I...
  25. camerakid

My Very Sticky KLH Model 802's...

Well, on Saturday I went to the thrift store, and, out of the corner of my eye, saw some no-name speakers. But, I also noticed the cabinets looked a bit like the Baby Advent cabinets, so I walked closer... and closer... and I saw one letter on the grill, it was an L. But, the L looked like the L...
Back
Top Bottom