Search results

1. neatlyfolded

Bowling Green KY to Northeast IN

Hey. I might be able to help. What’s the final destination, ideally, and target date? Brian
  2. neatlyfolded

ASAP request - Minneapolis to Louisville - two (small) 1x18 subs

Any AKers making a Minneapolis-Louisville or similar run, with room to spare? Please let me know. Timing and compensation flexible. Thanks much. Brian
  3. neatlyfolded

What kind of interconnects were being used for early sixties Mac gear?

Can't comment on what people were using and/or experiencing in the 60s-70s. :) Wish I could. If you're interested in trying a variety of older stock, might look into the earlier, molded version of Tributaries 'Alpha Audio' cables. Sturdy, lightweight, nothing fancy. Just bought a 2m pair...
  4. neatlyfolded

Audiophiles in Lexington, KY?

Unabashed 2ch audio enthusiast here. Been in Lexington just under two years. Welcome, Tex. I've helped organize several listening events via the Lexington Listeners FB group. Sessions are typically centered on an album, and occur in whatever setting is conducive + available at the time...
  5. neatlyfolded

help needed: building passive crossover from DSP-tested parameters

I saw that too, Toxcrusadr... though I could have just as easily missed it. Thank you for linking / pointing it out. I also agree that I have the basic info needed for proper x-over attempt. Thanks folks. Your help is greatly appreciated.
  6. neatlyfolded

Downloaded WinPCD (v1.510) but can't get installer to load. Using VMware to run Win7Pro x64 on a Mac (OS 10.10.5). Guessing I'm overlooking something... I just don't know what it is. Anyone here have experience with this scenario? Thanks much. Brian
  7. neatlyfolded

PS: Anyone here have / use a rig like the following for x-over (hardware) design testing? http://www.audioxpress.com/article/a...ive-crossovers
  8. neatlyfolded

Also, per your request GDM... A little more info re the speaker system: It's a JBL D123 12" woofer and Magnavox RP109 HF horn, mounted in a furniture-grade 4.1-cuft vented box. Will be driven by a Magnavox 9303 console amp (15w output, four EL84 x two 6EU7). In my listening tests...
  9. neatlyfolded

I am still here! (My apologies... the past week has been super busy for me.) Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Looking at WinPCD and other tools / methods referenced here. Will post as soon as I can with findings. Thanks again! Brian
  10. neatlyfolded

Hi. I have a vintage speaker update that I need to finish ASAP. Been sifting through Bing + Google searches, browsing Speaker forum stickies, and looking for similar project discussions. Due to my inexperience with crossover design, I'm having trouble identifying step-by-step instructions on...
  11. neatlyfolded

heathkit as-183 cabinet dimensions, port size etc.

Interior dimensions of the cabs pictured above are roughly 24-3/4" x 16" x 18". Just over 4 cu ft. Best wishes on your build. Please post pics + info if you have time. I'd like to see what you come up with.
  12. neatlyfolded

Height (speaker cutout position in relation to floor) with cabs shown was not ideal for the H223. Bass response was good though. FWIW... after doing a few things to reduce cab resonance... I ended up using a different driver set. Since lows were relatively smooth in both instances, I stuck...
  13. Simone cabs 2

Simone cabs 2

12" + horn cabs, console era, unknown manufacture
  14. neatlyfolded

I have a pair of the H223s. Cabs they came in are generics from the console era -- box design, furniture grade, 12" + blanked horn cutout, slotted port at bottom of baffle. To my ear, cab dimensions / volume is a decent match for the speaker. I'll post measurements later today.
  15. Simone cabs 1

Simone cabs 1

12" + horn cabs, console era, unknown manufacture, new backs
  16. neatlyfolded

vintage jensen speaker upgrades

Dusting off this thread. Curious if any AKers have built cabs for the 223, and what worked best if so.
  17. neatlyfolded

stylus ideas - Pickering V15, med mass arm, suspended platter

Point taken. And I'm glad that you mentioned it. Use of the tag wasn't intended as disparaging. Just asking folks for input in piecing together a modest home stereo. Probably could've done better making it clear that the stylus / cartridge / table / system is for someone that loves music...
  18. neatlyfolded

I'm glad that you too are learning from this exchange, Stan! Needlestein and Bang4Buck know way, way, WAY more than I about these pickups. We're lucky to have their input. Based on pics and marketing materials I've found online... FWTW... I can say that my V15 appears to be an early body...
  19. neatlyfolded

You are correct re my having the early edition, Bang4Buck. Thank you though! Quickly growing fascination with the Pickering stuff here.
  20. neatlyfolded

XV15 allows for some fancy choices though, MacNoob. Seems well worth considering if you're looking for a nice Pickering cartridge.
  21. neatlyfolded

Yep, working with the V15 here. Not sure that the LPGear Pickering stylus is applicable either. But I could be wrong!
  22. neatlyfolded

Thank you, Needlestein! All of this is very helpful. I hope to have a thorough look at the auction in the morning.
  23. neatlyfolded

Actually, I think I've figured it out. For those on a similar journey... ie, searching for a high-compliance + brushless stylus, designed for use with the Pickering V15 cartridge... here's what I've arrived at. Pickering DAM2 (604-D7M) .7mm conical needle 2g recommended tracking force...
  24. neatlyfolded

Update... Have been onto other things and NOT purchased styli for this setup yet. Good thing, because after experimenting with table / tonearm, I believe I can count on a tracking force below 2g. :) Can anyone tell me if the 604-D7M (link below) is comparable to the 604-DEM (recommended by...
  25. neatlyfolded

needlestein, Contacting the seller, as you've suggested. I read your Tonar #547 stylus review a couple of days ago, in fact, and with great interest. Sincere thanks for all of this, once again. I do have one further question however: Are the Nagoaka (ebay sale link) and Tonar (AK review...
Back
Top Bottom