Search results

1. JustinICT

Harman Kardon ta-260 tube receiver

Hey Guy, Im looking at a harman kardon ta-260 tube receiver. I don't own any tube gear by the way. This thing is out of a console. Covered thick with dust. The face is about a 6 out of 10. it won't have a cover because its out of a console. He's asking $150 for it. I assume it's going to need...
  2. JustinICT

Sansui SR 929 tonearm upgrade

Hey guys. I have a SR929, and Id like to upgrade the tonearm. Is that something that could be done? Could someone point me in the right direction. thanks
  3. JustinICT

What do you think of this Schiit?

Im in the market for some new gear. I came across Schiit Audio. I thought I would start with the FREYA preamp and 2 VIDAR power amps. Im going to need a phono pre amp and a DAC. Schitt also has these available. But I wanted to still look around before I go with them. I liked the idea of the...
  4. JustinICT

Can I do this with a KG4

I have a pair KG4 speakers sitting around. Im not using them, and they'll just end up getting moved and around and beat up and I don't want to try selling them and then having to ship them. Im thinking about building new cabinets for them. My question is as long as I keep the same volume of...
  5. JustinICT

Sansui SR 929 Cartridge

I picked up a Sansui SR929 earlier this year. It came with. Grado Reference Master 1 cartridge. I started to have some speed problems in November. I took it in, along with a receiver to be Restored. To keep it short, that ended in sadness. One of the things that went wrong in this whole sad...
  6. JustinICT

Restoration?

What should be included in a Restoration on a receiver? Took a receiver in and had a restoration done on it. I got it back, has bugs left channel cutting out. I opened it up to see what was done. and its filthy. I know he changed some of the caps because he left the glue ring behind on the...
  7. JustinICT

Sealed Vinyl

Does anyone else avoid "old"sealed vinyl. I feel like I get screwed everything I buy "Old" sealed vinyl.
  8. JustinICT

Radio Music / Radio Shows

Do any of you listen to any music based radio shows? I listen to one in Wichita called Strange Currency, on KMUW 89.1 Monday - Saturday @ 8:00 pm. lots of deep cuts and great way to discover new stuff. great sounding station too.
  9. JustinICT

What makes Audiophile?

Im curious, what makes a piece of equipment Audiophile level or standards? Like is a Marantz 22XX audiophile level equipment? An vintage Pioneer or Yamaha? Is the word purely a description of said person enjoys expensive electronics? The term get tossed around all the time, but where does it...
  10. JustinICT

Klipsch vs ADS

Hey guys I have a set of Klipsch KG 4.2s hooked up to a Marantz 2250b. I came across a set of ADS L690 for $175. Im curious if these would be an upgrade or not. I know speakers are all a matter of taste. I have not had a chance to ever listen to any ADS speakers before. I have heard that they...
  11. JustinICT

Adding Tubes?

Hey what about tubes? I have been considering adding a tube preamp to the system I listen to the most. I have a Sansui SR 929 turntable with a Grado Reference 1 cart. It goes into a Marantz 2250b with Klipsch KG4.5 speakers. Would I notice an audible improvement by adding a Tube preamp between...
  12. JustinICT

Advice on a Sansui SR 929

I came across a SR929 this morning. Its at an estate sale. right now they have it marked at 875.00 it looks real clean The price was to high for me to even think about buying it. But tomorrow it'll be priced at half of that. It has a Grado wood body cart on it. I don't know how to identify a...
  13. JustinICT

My first pair of Headphones

I received my first pair of Headphones for Christmas. Grado SRe 60. So far love them. I dont know what to compare them to. But they're better then my earbuds, the closest thing I have ever had to headphones. I may look for a small amp just for headphones. Seems like a reasonable idea. I guess...
  14. JustinICT

Acoustic Research AR2a sorta?

I was out running an errand this morning. Stopped by an estate sale on the way, thought I would peek in and see if they had any vinyl. I saw these AR speakers. Great looking speakers! Just a little rub down and they'll look excellent. There were a couple other people looking at them, and I was...
  15. JustinICT

Advice on buying record collections.

When it comes to buying collections. What advice would you give when looking and judging a collection's worth. Tips on how to deal with, and not offend the person selling the collection. And when to walk away. Thanks Justin
  16. JustinICT

What to do, What to do?

I have the bug and the Wife's permission to put together something new. Im looking at a Marantz 2250b ($475) with wood case. Its in very nice condition, and its local as well. The other is a Marantz 2285 ($625) its in pretty nice condition. No wood case, and does have a little ding on one of the...
  17. JustinICT

I thought these looked interesting

Allison Laboratories, I've never heard of them. But I thought they looked interesting. The tag says 2043 I think. Anyone ever seen or heard of them? https://tulsa.craigslist.org/for/5498769440.html
  18. JustinICT

Marantz vs Pioneer

Im wanting to put a system in my office. I found two systems on craigslist. both are around the same price. One is Pioneer the other Marantz. The Pioneer is... Pioneer SA 7800 Amp Pioneer PL-600 turntable Pioner TX 7800 Tuner I don't know what cartridge it has on it. Id assume its original...
  19. JustinICT

Vintage audio tech in Kansas?

I dont know how many Kansas folks lurk around here. I could use some help. Im looking for recommendations of repair shops around Kansas. Id prefer close to Wichita, but I'd travel for someone I could trust. I've tried one shop here in Wichita, and got burned for a couple hundred bucks. Live and...
  20. JustinICT

can I get some advice on these Turntables

Hey guys, I found these two on craigslist. They are not hooked up to test them out. I've been texting back and forth with the guy that posted them. Wondering what I should be asking and what is the worth of these two turntables. Denon DP45F Dual 1245 Thanks Justin
  21. JustinICT

Something is wrong with my KG4s

Im still pretty new to this vintage audio stuff. I need help problem solving and issue that's popped up in the last couple nights. I have a Pioneer SX1050 hooked up to some Klipsch KG4s. so far this set up has pleased me so much, but I was listening to a record and noticed some crackling in the...
  22. JustinICT

Music you grew up on?

Music your parents or other family members listened to. Stuff you grew up listening to. Did you enjoy it? Do you still listen to it? My parents feed me a steady diet of Moody Blues, Allman Brothers and Joe Walsh growing up. I still listen to and always enjoy it.
  23. JustinICT

Hello from Kansas

Hello everyone. I stumbled across this forum today looking for help with my Turntable. Im new to vintage audio, I recently picked up a Pioneer SX-1050 and a PL-A35 Turntable along with some Klipsch speakers. Id like to get into Vinyl ,and I really just love the look of the vintage equipment...
Back
Top Bottom