Search results

1. Madbugger

New DAC in the house. RME ADI-2

That dac looks very impressive! I'm afraid that if I had one I would constantly be adjusting settings just because there are so many of them!
  2. Madbugger

Is there any point in keeping "Vintage DACs"?????

So, I have had the GDA 600 for a couple of weeks and I have to say I am very impressed! It sounds wonderful with my Mp 301 tube amp and Dt 880 headphones. I was listening to All Good People from Yes the other night and heard handclaps that after45 years or so of hearing the song never heard...
  3. Madbugger

Is there any point in keeping "Vintage DACs"?????

I bought my 1st R2R NOS dac last week and have fallen in love with it's sound. So, on a whim and after looking at many reviews(all of which were almost 100% positive) I bought a GDA 600 and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival!
  4. Madbugger

Looking for 1st NOS Dac

The more I listen to the R2R 11 the more I absolutely love it! I hooked it into my main system again last night and had forgotten to hook the audio outs from my NAD cd player/transport into the R2R 11 and noticed that when listening the sound was not as good as it was before and then I realized...
  5. Madbugger

Looking for 1st NOS Dac

Thanks so much for that info!I am lost when it comes to what filters to use, khz etc.. I am using Foobar for playing files so I guess there is no over or up sampling however I am up for trying some. I really do not care if a dac is multibit, delta sigma, nos etc...It's the sound I care about...
  6. Madbugger

Looking for 1st NOS Dac

Okay so my DAC actually came in Saturday afternoon and I've been putting it through its Paces with all my different equipment and headphones and here's what I've come up with: in my main system it sounds way better than the dacs in my NAD CD player, Onkyo CD player and my smsl 6th. I did not...
  7. Madbugger

Looking for 1st NOS Dac

Oh yeah, I am a tube roller. I have had combinations that come close but after an hour or so become fatiguing. This never happens when listening to vinyl but as I said before I'm a headphone listener 99.9% of the time and all of vinyl's problems( pops, sibilence etc..) become intensified. I love...
  8. Madbugger

Looking for 1st NOS Dac

Thanks but I did see that already. I am going on the majority of reviews, what they say it sounds like. I figured for what I paid, if I Iike it I got a steal and if not I can always sell it and maybe try a Soekris with the abilty to have multiple programmable filters. Honestly even if I like the...
  9. Madbugger

Looking for 1st NOS Dac

That's exactly why I want to try a multibit dac! I care about what the sound is, not what the measurements are. That's why I use tube preamps and tube amps!
  10. Madbugger

Looking for 1st NOS Dac

I'm a tube guy as well and always thought of "nos" as new old stock. I guess I should have written non oversampling in the title but was trying to show off my advanced knowledge of all things audio, lol! Seriously though I did purchse an Audio GD r2r 11 and am awaiting delivery on Monday. I got...
  11. Madbugger

Looking for 1st NOS Dac

Thanks for the replies! So I have been doing some more searching and it seems half of the reviews for the French dac are positive especially with an upgraded power supply and half are negative. Gotta love the internet and us audioholics, lol. I thought about trying the cheaper L1387 but this...
  12. Madbugger

Looking for 1st NOS Dac

Hello, so I have been reading my butt off about nos dacs. I listen primarily with headphones(Beyer DT880 600ohm, Sennheiser hd6xx, AKG 240 600 ohm, Little Dot Mk 2 and 3 amps and also Musical Paradise mp301, Nad C515 BEE cd player) I am looking for an even more analog sound especially when...
  13. Madbugger

Musical Paradise MP301 speaker and headphone outs wired out of phase from factory?

Hello, I purchased one of these a few months ago and have just gotten around to using it due to life circumstances. I have used it for a month or so as a headphone amp only and have tried numerous phones and it always sounded thin and hollow with no low end so I switched out the stock tubes...
  14. Madbugger

EPI M100: Worth the ride?

Wow, I forgot about this thread. I still have not gotten around to refurbing my original m100's but I do listen to the newer 100v's every day. They are being powered by an NAD 7225, 25 watt receiver and they sound fantastic! I since have gotten into tube gear and am waiting on a Musical Paradise...
  15. Madbugger

Marantz or Onkyo Integrated?

Cool, thanks for the reply!
  16. Madbugger

Dynaco Pas-3X or?

Thanks Primo. Here are some details on the handbuilt pre: High gain 12AX7 cathode-follower stage (with 300 volts on the plates!), with a GZ34 rectifier tube, and twin OD3 "VR150" voltage regulators for the power supply- a very organic, clean, and no compromise circuit! So, 3 sets of Input run to...
  17. Madbugger

Dynaco Pas-3X or?

Thanks for the replies. dmag- I really do not want to tinker with the preamp. I just want to listen to music. Maybe do some tube rolling. I do like the idea of the handbuilt pre being totally new and the builder lives close to me in case it needs any servicing. I also like the fact that the...
  18. Madbugger

Dynaco Pas-3X or?

Hello, I am new to the world of home audio tube gear. I am a guitar player and only use tube amps so I understand the allure. I figured I would start with a preamp and then go from there as needed. I was all set to pull the trigger on a handmade,built to order, point to point, high voltage all...
  19. Madbugger

How to connect headphone amp to integrated tube amp?

Thanks savatge. Any recommendations for a decent tube headphone amp for under $200. I see lots of them but most of them seem to have reliability problems or bad sound.
  20. Madbugger

Thanks for the replies! "savatage" I have looked into tube headphone amps as well as tube phono amps(I listen to mostly vinyl) If i was to plug into a tube phono preamp I would be able to take those outputs in to an equalizer( yes I do like to eq,not to add but to take away) and then into a...
  21. Madbugger

Hello, I am interested in dipping my feet into the world of tubes. I do most of my listening with headphones and am wondering if I was to get a small integrated tube amp how would I hook up headphone amp? All of the tube amps I have been investigating have no tape or line outputs. One has a...
  22. Madbugger

Marantz or Onkyo Integrated?

Hello all, I have a few vintage amps and receivers but am looking to pick up something new. Mostly used for vinyl with headphones but I do have a few pairs of older Advent, KLH & EPI's that I use at low to moderate levels. I listen to all types of music but mostly classic rock, punk, new wave...
  23. Madbugger

"Frankenstrat" Onkyo Turntable

I think it looks awesome! I also like to think outside of the box and go places where people think you shouldn't.
  24. Madbugger

Technics SD-2 or SL-3200?

So I was listening to this new table last night with some of my receivers and my one integrated amp and it sounds great through all of them! I know these decks are not "high end" by any means but they are not bottom of the barrel either. It's heavy, all functions are smooth and quiet and they...
  25. Madbugger

Technics SD-2 or SL-3200?

So, long story short. I got the 3200 home and it had multiple issues. True to his word, the seller refunded my money. Yes, a Craigslist seller with morals does exist! Good thing for me because the next day, oddly enough a seller from the same town had an SL-D5 for sale. He was the sole owner and...
Back
Top Bottom