Search results

1. lupogtiboy

What Is the Significance of Your Avatar?

Its my car, a 2003 VW Lupo GTI. I've owned it for 14 years and put loads of miles on it, and it always makes me happy whenever I drive it.
  2. lupogtiboy

A Wanted Thread!

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I wondered why I didn't see any ads/wanted posts, sorry for posting in the wrong place! I did manage to get a full refund from the seller and told to keep it as well which is a bonus! Someone must have one somewhere, I'll keep looking....
  3. lupogtiboy

A Wanted Thread!

Hi fellow enthuiasts! Bit of a long-shot I know, but I bought a lovely Sony CD Player from a well-known auction site, pictures showed it all working, but when it arrived, it looks like something has been pushed through the front panel and smashed the circuit board! So obviously it doesn't work...
  4. lupogtiboy

What Is The Worst Record You have Ever Heard?

This version is MUCH better!
  5. lupogtiboy

What was the last movie you watched?

Epic film, love it! And how it all unfolds at the end, you can see the cop with the 'Jackass' sign on his forehead!
  6. lupogtiboy

John Wick - I actually really like this movie, its bat-shit crazy in places and Keanu Reeves is perfect for the role. Great soundtrack too! 'Unfinished Business' on Sky Movies, usual part for Vince Vaughan, playing the down-trodden wanna-be business man trying to get one over the successful...
  7. lupogtiboy

Last night I saw 'Forbidden Planet' and was pleasantly surprised! Not too cheesy, pretty solid acting and amazing sets and effects for the time. It was nice to see a 'sci-fi b' movie done properly I guess, though I do like a lot of the cheesy-ness of the genre in general!
  8. lupogtiboy

Love this film!
  9. lupogtiboy

I started watching Logan's Run the other day, I bought a set with both DVD and Bluray, but sadly nodded off whilst watching it! So far it seems ok, typical 70's sci-fi oddness. Quoted from IMDB: "An idyllic sci-fi future has one major drawback: life must end at the age of 30"
  10. lupogtiboy

Name the brands in your audio system.

Sony Technics Pioneer Spendor Aiwa Marantz Kenwood Wharfdale NAD Yamaha
  11. lupogtiboy

In the UK, we had a re-release of Akira at the cinema last Wednesday. I have this on DVD and Bluray with an English soundtrack, but the cinema showed the original Japanese dub with English subtitles. Apart from missing some of the incredible animation watching the subtitles, it does make more...
  12. lupogtiboy

I sat and fell asleep on the sofa watching Dredd last night, though not because I find it boring, I was just very tired and probably picked the wrong evening to watch it!
  13. lupogtiboy

I raise your Shatner with Nimoy...
  14. lupogtiboy

Saw Suicide Squad at the cinema :lurk: on Thursday, actually really enjoyed it. Margot Robbie is quite lovely though...... :trebon:
  15. lupogtiboy

this is the ugliest thing I've seen in a while

This reminds me of a college mate of mine, whilst doing his apprenticeship in a Renault garage, they used to change the Laguna badge on the rear to Analgu! :D
  16. lupogtiboy

Hi and welcome aboard!
  17. lupogtiboy

Post your photography!!

ALWAYS love lightning shots!
  18. lupogtiboy

Post your photography!!

I shot this a few years back when I was lucky enough to get tickets for VIP treatment at Brands Hatch for the German DTM series through work. This was taken with my dad's point & shoot Sony camera on the 'sports' setting. I love the way the car is quite in focus, but shows the speed these things...
  19. lupogtiboy

You should go on youtube and search for the Uncharted Zone, there are some seriously bad records on there. https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUnchartedZone Mark Gormley - Little Wings springs to mind immediately! Electronik - Supersonic by Zlad! OMG!!! Or this -
  20. lupogtiboy

Any love for mini disc ?

I have a few portable players I've picked up cheap at bootsales, and I found a home deck in the Heart Foundation shop for £10 after looking for one for ages! I have 2 minidisc storage boxes of discs, some with stuff on them and some blank. I have to be honest though, I don't really use it much...
  21. lupogtiboy

this is the ugliest thing I've seen in a while

Wow that's ugly! And you can't even travel thru time in it as the speedo only goes to 85!
  22. lupogtiboy

hello from the isle of wight, UK

Welcome to AK from sunny (hahaha!) Surrey! I love the Isle Of Wight, been there on many-a-holiday!
  23. lupogtiboy

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

In my local British Heart Foundation shop is a pair of fantastic-looking KEF Concord II speakers, I've no idea how much or where I'd put them, but I know I'd really like them. They've been there for the last two weekends I've been in there though..... VERY TEMPTED!!
  24. lupogtiboy

This poster has one of my pet peeves on it, why do they put the name of the actor/actress under the wrong picture? Why not in the order they appear on the poster? Grrrr!! Anyway, Escape From New York, but on Laserdisc! Love it!
  25. lupogtiboy

Last night on Film 4 - Speed, though having seen it soooo many times, I'll admit to nodding off before it finished!
Back
Top Bottom