Search results

1. C

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The Steel Wheels 10" 2 LP set
  2. C

3. C

Anyone else disgusted with (NU Vinyl)?

I have no problem with "nu vinyl" particularly because that means it is gaining market share as an industry and getting more people listening to it. Vinyl is more accessible now than it has been for the last 20 years. I can get a lot of what I want new now instead of hunting record shops and...
  4. C

The Bob Stone Big Band - Breakin' Out This particular album was found in a stash that I picked up from a garage sale. It happens to be signed by all the band members on the back with a note that says "To Stan Ewy - This is the first album sold. Thank you and God bless. Bob Stone" Bob...
  5. C

What is the earliest "Stereo" record, LP or 45 you own?

Chet Atkins Hollywood 1958 Chet Atkins At Home 1957. I can't tell without looking closer at the album it it's actually stereo or not. I know I have some other early Living Stereo albums but can't think of them off hand.
  6. C

Explain this phenomenon...

The low pass filter is "On" when down on the 780. Pioneer should have labelled the FM muting to the right instead of in between the switches. I have to use the low pass filter on my 828 because it is in between my speakers and about 8" from one of them. It doesn't really affect the sound that...
  7. C

Show us your age!

You said Show us Your Age sooooo.... I am this old ↓
  8. C

9. C

10. C

One last Japanese audio hunt before moving back to the States

Just bring me whatever Kenrick Sound has sitting on the floor. I'm not picky, but it must be audio related, not dust bunnies.:music: Edit: Well, it seems I'm a little late to the game. Just saw the post that you were already in the states. Oh well.
  11. C

Stereo Rehab experiences

I don't think Casper would mind me sharing a range but your cost may vary depending on the component and what is needed. My service, with return shipping, was between $200 and $300. Since I'd never had anything like this repaired before, I was expecting something like $5-600 - needless to say...
  12. C

What song was in your head when you woke up?

Sesame Street theme song...o_O All because I somehow connected a few notes from a practice last Thursday with a line in the song. Now y'all are screwed for the rest of the day!:banana:
  13. C

Potentially polarizing question regarding Klipsch

I have KG4's and a pair of JBL L26's. The KG4's were first and I put them in my small office - about 11x11. They were nice, but as soon as I put the L26's in the same room, not quite as nice. They really came to life when I put them into HT duty in a much larger room and about a foot away...
  14. C

What camera(s) do you own?

35mm: Minolta X570 x2 SRT 202 SRT 201 in Black Maxxum 5 Nikon FA in black FG20 N80 FTn Pentax Spotmatic K1000 (have many from a high school program) ZX-M (also many from high school program) Kodak Retina 1a Retina 1b Retina II x2 (one with Xenar and one with Heliar lens) Retina IIa...
  15. C

CD Storage for Expedit/Kallax shelves

I use these with my Target cube shelves and they would probably fit the Ikea as well: http://www.target.com/p/4-compartment-cube-divider-13-threshold/-/A-50699148 Cube shelf divider http://www.target.com/p/fabric-quarter-bin-black-itso/-/A-50677234 Cube quarter fabric bin. They fit CD's...
  16. C

Function "Too late recording start"

Since it would be classified as a digital audio recording device, it runs afoul of the Audio Home Recording Act and you will not likely find that capability. I'm guessing that any software *specifically marketed with this capability for FM radio* would get ripped apart by the RIAA and courts...
  17. C

ever hear of gear being stolen due to pics posted online?

Only if it has a GPS sensor. Some that have wi-fi may also be able to tag based on your connection info.
  18. C

Should we put weights on speakers

Don't tell Clearaudio about speaker weights - they just might start marketing some at $5k/each...:naughty: But hey, on the upside, you may hear 'earth-shattering gains, with better treble extension, sweeter vocals, less sibilance, rounder bass, more air and a marked difference in sparkle...
  19. C

20. C

"Frankenstrat" Onkyo Turntable

A little history - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenstrat I'm sure the OP is a Van Halen fan. Consider the paint an anti-resonance treatment. So what if he painted a plastic $7 Onkyo? It's not like he carved his initials into the platter of a Clearaudio Statement. Now, off to make taco...
  21. C

Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner for cleaning vinyl with amazing results.

I'm sure this is common - some records are just too damaged to rescue. I'll say that in my case, I have 3 (of the 8 or so that I've cleaned with SB) that may be beyond cleaning but not because of scratches. Two went from the surface noise being louder than the music to surface noise being...
  22. C

Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner for cleaning vinyl with amazing results.

I've read about a number of different cleaning techniques and have been skeptical of some them. I tried the glue method and it worked pretty well - I used Elmer's school glue since it was much cheaper than wood glue. I think the results are pretty much the same between the two. It just took...
  23. C

This struck me as ironic and funny

Check to make sure your diaper got washed... :eek:
  24. C

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CARTRIDGE

Of the ones that I have - and they're all that I've ever had so very little to compare - Pickering TL-3s. I like it over my Ortofon Super OM10. The OM10 has too much sibilance in inner tracks. Unless I have it set up completely wrong, then it may just be a poor match to my turntable. The...
Back
Top Bottom