Search results

1. viapol

Luxman R-1050 vs Pioneer SX 737 - no contest

Having owned 9090dbs, SX1080, HK930, Marantz 2265, 50 ,50b, 40, 35, 30, 22, 16, 15. I will only keep my Luxman R1040 forever. Sound is amazing paired with JBL Lancer 77s. Not Totl..but to me it is.
  2. viapol

Polk Monitor 7b

Not this consensus..I have the 7bs and want the 10s...but the 7bs are better than the 7s
  3. viapol

Bozak 312a's

I have pair of these that have been re veneered in real Walnut. Anyone have any idea what they might be worth? As far as i can tell they are fully functional. Hopefully this isn't the wrong forum. Thanks
  4. viapol

JBL Lancer 77.....any good?

Well I'd love to hear a few steps up from my 77s. Refoamed matched with a Luxman R1040 I simply can't imagine anything sounding better. I've had Bozaks, Kenwood, Sansuis, Polk 5s and many more..Nothing compares to this setup. I've owned 9090dbs, pioneer 1080, marantz of all wattages,75 or so...
  5. viapol

Sansui 800 - didn't see that one coming...

Well, on the 800. I find myself using it more than My sansui 7000, 5500, 3300, lafayette 5555, sherwood 7100a, HK 930, marantz 2250b, marantz 2238, marantz 2220, 1060 and numerous others. I replaced some of the larger caps and it absolutely is perfect for me. The only one id consider as good...
  6. viapol

Sansui 800 Receiver?

7. viapol

Sansui 800 Receiver?

I usually run my 800 with High Filter Off. Sounds good if you play around with the bass and treble after that...plenty of power for a normal house. It's a little bad ass lightweight that can compete with the bigger boys. Keeper for me. I even made a custom case for mine.
  8. viapol

Sansui 7000

7000 is 221072472
  9. viapol

Sansui 7000

Oops my bad...i have so dang many. I'll update once I get home...i have the 3300, 5500 and 7000. Must have had one too many that night???
  10. viapol

Sansui 7000

Mine is serial number 212080430. Powering some Bozak 302s. Pretty good sound coming out of this combo.
  11. viapol

Custom cabinets/ cases

g
  12. viapol

Custom cabinets/ cases

Just to show the amount of force needed for veneer ...and I still don't think I have enough .This was/ is being done with raw veneer and Titebond cold press veneer glue. First time trying this glue. That's 500 pounds of weight on that speaker! Think it'll hold 1000 easily!!
  13. viapol

Custom cabinets/ cases

Got one of the Bozaks done. Walnut veneer with Black Cherry Stain. Will post update when both are done. Very little time lately with the cold and what the cold brings with it.
  14. viapol

Sansui 5500

Mine is 212080430
  15. viapol

Custom cabinets/ cases

Did this one a while back. Re veneering some Bozak 312As now. Will post when done
  16. viapol

Custom cabinets/ cases

Just finished some Speaker stands. Ash and Oak is what I used for the stands. I re- veneered my JBL Lancer 77s. Plus my Cherry case on the HK930.
  17. viapol

Sherwood S-7100A Receiver

I have a 7100 and it can flat out rock with some good speakers. Had it in the garage and would shake stuff off the wall. WAY underrated.
  18. viapol

Sick Realistic 2000D

I'll try to check that tonight..hopefully the manual states how to...
  19. viapol

Sick Realistic 2000D

Only have Right channel , no left, no obvious signs of burnt components. Measured DC offset and have 900mV on Right and 300 mv on left. Longer unit left on higher DC goes. I have the service manual. Worth trying to fix or ? I can solder and comfortable with trying to if not too far gone.
  20. viapol

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

The strange part is I have Right channel and no left channel?? I would think it would be opposite according to the readings . Also noticed the longer the receiver ran the vdc would just keep climbing until it basically bottomed out the MM reading. I shut it down once I seen that happening.
  21. viapol

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Realistic 2000d. Right .9 VOLTS...YES OVER 900 mv Left only roughly 300 mv...I guess i should be happy about the 300? Think I'm using the MM correctly because I have 5 other receivers I measured with the same MM. VDC.Right measured so high I had to set MM at 20 vdc. Left set at 300m on MM.
  22. viapol

Help I may have just done something dumb..Pioneer SX1080

Checked DC offset, got a 9 on Right 25 on left...Is that worth messing with to try to get them more even?
  23. viapol

I think MOST of the issues were from the "TONE" switch. Seemed really fidgety and I paid extra attention to it during the cleaning. I did clean the bejesus out of the entire unit though.
  24. viapol

Thanks, looks like I have a couple projects ahead of me.DC offset and AF adjustment...might as well get her running right...
  25. viapol

I can't get over sound of this Pioneer..just beautiful!
Back
Top Bottom