Search results

1. Nightwisher

Philips GA 406 Turntable Spindle

Hi there, recently picked up a Philips GA 406 turntable in good shape. Replaced the belt and everything works, even the automatic functions. However, it is missing both the single play and record changer spindles. Any leads on where to find one besides waiting on eBay? (Doesn't have to be...
  2. Nightwisher

Nightwisher's Garage Setup

Hello there, Starting a new thread to detail the new setup of the main system. I've been fiddling with it for the past 9 months since we moved and finally making progress. Lots of storage space, but still rearranging things. The room is a 2 car garage with about 6 feet of extra space on either...
  3. Nightwisher

Nightwisher's New Luxman's Room and Beyond

I graduated and am moving to a new, bigger apartment. As such, I have a second bedroom to play around with. A work in progress, but the stereo system is setup and running. New Pangea Vulcan rack and amp stands in rosenut. The living room downstairs had to have the first system with the...
  4. Nightwisher

Paradigm Tweeter Diaphragms For Mini Monitor V2 And CC-370 V2

Paradigm has informed me that they are out of stock on V1-V4 tweeter diaphragms. Since I have 3 speakers that need them, I was wondering if anyone knew of any other sources of replacements - Parts Express, etc. Something that will at least get them going again. Paradigm suggested buying new...
  5. Nightwisher

Recommend A Cartridge For Me

I'm looking to upgrade my phono cartridge. Currently, I'm using an Ortofon 2M Red on my Luxman PX-101. I like it a lot, but I want something a bit better. I'm thinking I want to try either Sumiko or Nagaoka, for something a bit different from Ortofon. My preference is new, MM, and that it has a...
  6. Nightwisher

Angstrom Model 200 Value

Any idea what an Angstrom Model 200 preamp would be worth these days in working condition? (Bottom unit) I recently picked one up and I plan on keeping it because it might be the nicest preamp I have, but I can't find any previously sold listings recently to reference. Several years ago (2007...
  7. Nightwisher

Which of these would you keep and repair?

I did a trade last night for a trunk full of gear. These 3 turntables were in that trade and I need a gameplan. Investment cost into each is zero at this point. I have 3 good turntables that these wouldn't replace even if they worked, so I'm debating just sending the whole lot out the door. I am...
  8. Nightwisher

More Mystery Speakers

Any ideas what these are? Magnavox? Drivers are bolted in, so no pictures of the backs. I really haven't seen anything like them. The cabinets are really what interested me - they are really deep and have that odd black strip in the middle. No identifying markings other than some...
  9. Nightwisher

Need Help Identifying Some Pinnacle Bookshelf Speakers

Picked these little Pinnacles up today, but they have no model number. They look like PN6 or 6+s based on the Google searches, but it looks like the tweeters have been replaced - pulled them and they're really cheesy. Thoughts? What would be an appropriate replacement tweeter (not seeing any...
  10. Nightwisher

Value Of Practically New In Box Sansui SP-2000 Speakers?

I recently picked up a pair of Sansui SP-2000 speakers (late 60's). They are in mint(y) condition with only one or two ever so slight nicks on the grilles and cabinets, and a broken post on each of the logos - all of which is likely the result of moving the boxes. The boxes are complete - they...
  11. Nightwisher

The Mystery Speakers Thread

Post your mystery speakers here and get answers! [ANSWERED] Anyone got an idea what this is? I got it yesterday. The tag is worn off and there are no other brand markings. 3 way acoustic suspension. 10"? woofer. Pretty hefty. I picked up a pair of ElectroVoice 13a's at the same time that look...
  12. Nightwisher

The Greatest Score Ever

As many of you know, I am an avid thrift shopper. That's an important part of this hobby to me. Well, I just might be the luckiest thrift shopper ever. I started thrift shopping as a way to hunt for audio equipment in the beginning of 2016. I found a lot of great equipment and really expanded...
  13. Nightwisher

Eliminating Line Noise From Computer On Power Amp

I'm having issues with computer noise from my desktop coming through to my Nakamichi PA-5 power amp. It's a constant high-pitched whine and static that stays at the same volume no matter where my preamp's volume knob is. I've isolated this to the computer and the computer only because the power...
  14. Nightwisher

Grill Cutouts For Eosone RSF 200s

I recently bought a pair of Eosone RSF 200s for cheap ($70, $57 after an EBay bucks certificate :banana:), mainly because they were missing the grills. My dad and I are planning on making a new set, but we're unsure of the cutout on the inside. If we can't find a picture (there are none on...
  15. Nightwisher

Amazon Prime Day

Anyone picked up or planning on picking up some audio gear today during Amazon's Prime Day Deals? I've seen Klipsch Reference, KEF, Jamo, BIC, JBL, Polk, Beyerdynamic, Emotiva Phono Pre, Onkyo/Yamaha surround receivers, Ion turntables, etc. on sale. If I was in the market for a phono pre, I...
  16. Nightwisher

Turntable Dust Cover: Up Or Down

A little poll. Who uses their turntable with the dust cover up, down, does it depend, or do you not have one? Personally, I use mine up, because most of my vinyl listening is while I'm archiving them to my computer. If I listen to a record just to listen to it, I'm more likely to have the cover...
  17. Nightwisher

Anyone Know What A JVC RX-1001V Would Have Cost New In 1989?

I recently bought a JVC RX-1001V surround receiver at a thrift store for $25. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what these cost new when they were the top of the line unit in 1989? I looked online and couldn't find anything listing or mentioning the original price. I'm guessing somewhere...
  18. Nightwisher

Broken Laserdisc Player?

Hi everyone, this afternoon I bought a Realistic Laserdisc player at the local thrift store (Model MD-1000). It seems to be in nice shape - it's clean inside and outside except for a bunch of scratches on the top (I'm guessing that's from stuff being put on top of it). When I go to play a...
  19. Nightwisher

Nightwisher's Dad's Systems

My dad has some great equipment and he's not a forum person, so I thought I would share them for him. I apologize for the lack of model numbers on some of the stuff. I learned a lot of what I know from him and got into stereo/surround sound because of these systems. :thumbsup: Living Room...
  20. Nightwisher

Young Audiophile From SC

Hi everyone! I realized today that I've been a member here for about a month and I never properly introduced myself. I'm Nightwisher from South Carolina. Primarily I'm here for my love of audio, but the hostility on AVS Forum on most any topic that I regularly encounter led me here as well...
  21. Nightwisher

Nightwisher's Systems In "Luxman's Room" And Beyond: Some New And Lots of Vintage

January 19, 2016: The Original Systems Hi everyone, I'm Nightwisher (TheNightwisher on other forums) and these are my systems. Before you judge the way my setups are configured, it must be noted that I am a college student and space is limited. I'll be a college student for another 3+ years as...
Back
Top Bottom