Search results

1. M

Pioneer SA-8800 "noisy bias"

I have the new transistors, regulator diodes, and caps in the power supply section. As well as recapped the rest of the unit (besides main filters) Everything seems to work fine now. I had an open resistor in one of the series regulators for the 32V. Thats now fixed. It sounds fine, seems to...
  2. M

Pioneer SX-3800 and SA-8800 cap list?

Is there a good capacitor kit list/cart floating around anywhere for these two units? i have an SX-3800 and I have an SA-8800 on the way, eventually I want to sell off the SX-3800 and keep the SA-8800 but I have to get them recapped. I think the SX-3800 needs the transistors replaced on the...
  3. M

Classroom player: Newcomb AV10

Hey there fellow AKers. After a hiatus for awhile, I am slowly getting back to some of my projects. I have a Newcomb AV10 classroom player which was given to me years and years ago by some friends of mine who long since passed, and it came from my local school district of the time so its...
  4. M

Need some help analyzing a Digital circuit

I know this is an audio forum, but I also know alot of guys that frequent here may be skilled in other levels of electronics engineering/mathematics, And also I am not sure where else to post it. So I will try here. There is a hobby project I am working on that I need some help with since its...
  5. M

Transformer selection for stereo EL34?

So continuing on with my project, I am selecting components to use in my BOM for the amp I want to build. I had another thread that I lost. I forget what it was and where it was. anyways. I am building a stereo HiFi amp with EL34s. the output power of each channel I am trying to get at least...
  6. M

Pioneer PL-55X Motor issue

This was purchased at a hamfest here recently, and the guy had mentioned they came from a repair shop in various states of disrepair. There is no tag on what the issue was, but you can clearly see someone had been inside trying to get the motor going. They replaced the caps and transistor on...
  7. M

Pair of heathkit A-7 amps need some advice

I have a pair of these amplifiers, one of them I obtained much later than the other. I have no idea which revision they are, but one of them have the metal 12A6 tubes, and the other has the 12V6 glass tubes. Neither of them have the pre-amp tube installed, and have a little metal plug into the...
  8. M

Pioneer SX-3800 troubleshooting

Got my first fluorescent display Pioneer unit to replace my SX-780 as the rest of my equip are flouroscan units. So, the problem is the tuner display seems weak and faded, and I noticed that the signal level stays fully lit, all 5 positions even when selected into to other source inputs. Is...
  9. M

Building a Tube Amp for HiFi use, thoughts?

I have had a Conn organ tube amplifier since around 2002 or so. With only a couple small circuit mods and a quad set of EL34s this thing honestly blows me out of the room. But, its fugly. The same amp another member has is here...
  10. M

Anyone with a Sony CDP-200/CDP-11S, CDP-101, etc parts units?

I have a CDP-200 which apparently is identical to the CDP-11S. Just fixed it and got everything working, but the disk tray hangs up when trying to eject. I just realized that I am missing a plastic guide. I attached an image of the guide I am missing. It would be a shame to junk this whole...
  11. M

Pioneer PL-400 Stylus issue

I am rather new to turntables, decided to pick up my dads old record collection, and unearthed a turntable in the basement prior to my move a year or so ago. Anyways, everything sounds great. Excellent crisp highs, etc.. The "S" sound though can be slightly distorted/sibilant based on how loud...
  12. M

Panasonic SV-3500 DAT

I decided to take apart this unit to figure out the "no play" symptom. Well I have absolutely no experience with DATs, other than for data backup. I assume this unit is old enough where it is DDS-1 capable only. correct? Well anyway, I decided to tear it apart, and found a bunch of leaky...
  13. M

Akai GXC-39D Belt kits?

Does anyone know if the belt kit listed here: http://www.vintage-electronics.net/akai-gxc-39-belt-kit.aspx is the correct belts? I seen another thread here about someone ordering a kit and it being wrong. Considering this is the only site I seen the kit listed, so maybe its this site...
  14. M

SAE Mark IVC

I have one of these units, both channels put out +DC and pops both fuses. The outputs and drivers test fine, so do the caps and transistors on the driver board. Anyone have a schematic or any ideas?
  15. M

Sansui BA-1000

Anyone have a Sansui BA-1000 and know the value of capacitors C17 and C18? Just got one and those 2 are exploded. I Cant find any schematics or service data out there anywhere for this thing.
  16. M

Carver M-500 Driving me crazy

This thing is being an absolute bear. Well, the left channel was completely smoked up, nearly all interstage transistors were bad except for a couple. But the funny thing is, the drivers and outputs are perfect, but someone has already been in here before and replaced the outputs, the outputs...
  17. M

Need a Pioneer SA-7500 II guru. BADLY

Ok, I am pretty good at fixing electronics. but this sucker is giving me the total runaround. the right channel was completely dead engaging in protection. Turned out a transistor became thermal sensitive. So i replaced all the transistors aside from the outputs. outputs test fine. After...
  18. M

Sony CDP-701ES number 2

Well pretty much concluding that the first of two is shot. its going to be stripped down for parts as i cannot obtain the pickup, or even get parts to rebuild the pickup. Any CD repair buffs out there? So I moved on to player #2. Had a stuck drawer and a stuck sled motor. I fixed both of...
  19. M

Sony CDP-701ES help!

I have a CDP-701ES, which appears the STK driver IC has failed shorted. unfortunately, it melted/toasted the focus/tracking objective lense stack thats part of the pickup. I can fix the STK using modern-day power amplifier ICs, but does anyone have a junk optical pickup that still has a...
  20. M

Marantz model 18 need parts

Does anyone know where to obtain a power transformer for a Marantz model 18? I noticed the scope wasnt working, and seen a smoke stream comming from the driver board 10k 3watt resistor. Found out the -500v is missing, checked diode its ok, the 500v winding is open. thanks.
  21. M

Denon DCD-1800 issues

I ran into one of these, and if thats one area I am lacking in knowledge, is these vintage CD players. I was hardly EVER successful with any of them. Mainly because i dont have test discs, alignment jigs, or nothing. just a meter and a scope. Well this one dont read discs. the laser will lock...
  22. M

RCA SA-751 need schematic

Anyone have a schematic to this thing? I have no B+ and this thing appears to have maybe 4 transformers. Thanks.
  23. M

Pioneer SA-8500 series II trouble

I have one of these that I am working on. it was stuck in protect with a rail voltage pinned to the right channel output. Well the output transistors are those elephant ear type ones, and they tested fine. I found a leaky driver transistor in the right channel. So i replaced it, and checked...
  24. M

Audio Alchemy V3 DDE help

Someone brought me one of these to work on. I never seen them before, and i know nothing about them. this one powers on but thats it. no sound. not working. So i took it apart, and the thing looks like its been heavily modified near 2 OP275G op amps. some traces cut, diodes wired up, etc...
  25. M

Heathkit A-7 Help

I picked up one of these cheapos at the dayton hamvention last year, just now finally starting to get around to messing with it. Going to make it as my PC headphone amplifier, of course its mono but i dont care. Well, apart that it has quite a bit of 60hz hum, it looks like its been...
Back
Top Bottom