Search results

1. M

Philips 212 Headshell Clamp vs Sled

Thanks everyone!
  2. M

Philips 212 Headshell Clamp vs Sled

Hello, my 212 head-shell uses the clamp meant specifically for the Philips 400 and 401 cartridges. I would really like to install a standard 1/2" cartridge on my head-shell but I don't know if the sled and the clamp are interchangeable in the 212's head-shell? Or were the head-shells different...
  3. M

Sony PS-4300 Issue / possible motor

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and help out. Sorry it's taken me some time to see this, I didn't get a notification in my email that a response was posted. I see the same symptoms regardless of manual or automatic mode. I have not attempted both speeds, I will do this when I...
  4. M

Thanks for the reply David, as I stated in my original message, I have downloaded the service manual, the operation description is a little over my head, which is why I'm asking if anyone could suggest a starting point, specific to this model.
  5. M

Any luck dealing with yours?
  6. M

I believe this model is similar to the PS-X6 as well so. Hoping someone can give me some advice. This TT works absolutely perfect except one issue. It will function for some time, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for less. But eventually, pressing the start/stop button does not engage the...
  7. M

Philips GA222 Turntable issue

Hey folks, I've fixed up various version of mid 70's Philips turntables that used the capacitance switches. Almost everything on this table works perfectly _except_ the auto return feature. Philips often used a light and a sensor that would initiate the auto arm return. When the arm reaches...
  8. M

Mitsubishi LT-5V, calling all vertical Mitsubishi TT owners!

Yes thanks, I did eventually find the bad solder and fix that up, now just need to address the thumping issue that plagues these decks.
  9. M

I tracked down the issue with the intermittent prism lamp on the exterior that sense record size and speed. Turns out it was a bad solder on one of the lamp bulbs, nice and easy fix. Other than tracking down a tone arm bulb, I just have one last problem, which is the standard thumping...
  10. M

Thank you sir, I just have one lamp in the arm to replace and this would be very helpful.
  11. M

I had a look in the service manual, but I don't think the values are listed. I know how to to test for voltage but not sure how to figure out mA rating? Sorry if I have the terms incorrect.
  12. M

I've been reading up on my LT-5V as much as possible and I was hoping someone could give me a hand. I have most everything sorted out but I just need some help with a couple of things. 1. Replacement bulb types and sourcing. Links to the bulbs in previous threads are dead and I've read seen...
  13. M

RCA replacement recommendations for TD160 MKII

My RCAs are looking pretty dodgy on my TD160 and I was hoping that someone could recommend a well shielded brand of cable that would make a good replacement?
  14. M

Pioneer PL-5 Counterweight

No luck, found out that the Pioneer part number is PXB-501 and is the same counterweight or is compatible with these Pioneer models: Pioneer PL-120 Pioneer PL-2 Pioneer PL-220 Pioneer PL-230 Pioneer PL-320 Pioneer PL-4 Pioneer PL-420 Pioneer PL-430 Pioneer PL5 Pioneer PL-7 Pioneer PL-720...
  15. M

Pioneer PL-5 Counterweight

Hi Everyone, I picked up a free Pioneer PL-5 with a decent cartridge but unfortunately it is missing the tone arm counterweight. I understand from my research that it PL2 - PL7 has the same counterweight. I'm hoping to rig something up to make it work and I was hoping someone who owned one...
  16. M

Yamaha YP-77 Belt

Hello, Sorry for this question, but I can't find info on the replacement belt for this turntable. I know the YP-66 is a FM25 belt and I assume that the YP-77 is the same, but I can't seem to confirm that anywhere.
  17. M

Service Manual Sony HP-319

Ok so update to this. A new needle did not fix the issue. Still quiet on the right side and it periodically comes to full volume gets quiet again. I took the platter off and messed with the red wire which I believe is the right side connection, seemed like it was soldered properly so I put it...
  18. M

Thanks folks, like I mentioned I do have a decent setup for listening to my records, this was more of a "fun" project to see if I could bring this old workhorse back to life. I'm still having the static-y, volume fading and coming back in problem on the right channel. I've made sure the table...
  19. M

Helped a ton, I had no idea that many of these stereos used common turn tables. Thanks for all the info.
  20. M

Turns out the thing needed a serious internal cleaning and re-greasing as just about anything that spun or moved was restricted by old sticky grease. Works like a charm now and sounds fairly decent for what it is. I have a decent rig in my living room for my records, this was mostly to see if I...
  21. M

I was recently given an old Sony HP-319 and I was wondering if anyone had a service manual or any documentation in terms of schematics. I realize it's pretty low end, but it's pretty neat little combo stereo that I'd like to get running well. The only issue with it is on the record player, the...
  22. M

Technics SA-400 problem

You nailed it thanks so much. I moved the speakers and that fixed the issue completely. Boy do I feel silly.
  23. M

Technics SA-400 problem

Hi Everyone, I've been enjoying my SA-400 receiver for a number of years without any issues, I use it primarily for listening to vinyl through an Audio-Technica AT-PL120, which is a self grounded turn table. I've been having some issues with the phono/am/fm/aux selector crackling and today I...
Back
Top Bottom