Search results

1. Ustirit

AK 21st Anniversary Raffle

Jan 17, 2016
  2. Ustirit

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

Kirksaeter Monitor Tower 140 CD from 1988.
  3. Ustirit

Canadian Mirage vs. British Mission

I also have a pair of M490s, purchased new in 1995. I do not have any experience with the Missions, but the Mirage are a solid fine sounding speaker. I find the bass more than adequate.
  4. Ustirit

10,000 Serial Number Milestone

Congratulations Pete! Thanks for all the work on the listing.
  5. Ustirit

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

SP-2000,90020093,ustirit SP-2000,90020762,Ustirit
  6. Ustirit

Greetings from Macedonia, OH

Welcome from NE Ohio.
  7. Ustirit

DIY Polk Monitor 10 speaker stands!

Hello cheflala. Not sure if this was Jon's plan, but this is for the polk monitor line of speakers. Hope this helps. Tim
  8. Ustirit

MTF back in hospital, just informational...

Praying for a speedy and full recovery.
  9. Ustirit

My New KLH Model 6

Thanks for the reply Glen. The Vintage AR sealer is on order. For comparison purposes, I am going to listen to them for a couple weeks and then update the crossovers. I know there are many threads on replacement caps, but I am thinking Dayton 1% as replacements. Take Care. Tim
  10. Ustirit

My New KLH Model 6

Thanks. They do sound just right. Can listen to for hours. Very non fatiguing..
  11. Ustirit

My New KLH Model 6

Thanks for the warm welcome. I think the are in such great shape as they were stored in a cabinet for who knows how long. I added a couple more pics of the enclosure, plus drivers and serial numbers.
  12. Ustirit

My New KLH Model 6

My KLH Model 6 Story Within the past 6 months, I had picked up a set of KLH model 6s along with a Pioneer SX-737 at a local estate sale. I replaced the caps (Dayton) and resealed the woofer surrounds with "Roy's" sealer. The sound is very good, however this model 6 has the vinyl finish so I've...
  13. Ustirit

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Picked up a Pioneer SX-737 about a month or so ago at an estate sale. The unit was paired with a set of KLH Model 6 speakers, which have recently been recapped. I've found that this is a very nice sounding amp with plenty of power for a moderately sized room.
  14. Ustirit

Chronology of Speakers you've owned?

Not as many as most have listed, but here goes. I still have all except those with an asterisk. As you can see, I've been bitten by the Audio bug in the last couple years! Realistic Nova 8Bs (Dad's speakers. Currently at my brothers home). (1970s) Mirage M-490 (1995) Bose 901 series v (1995)...
  15. Ustirit

Pioneer Component Serial Numbers

SX-737 VL3953348T Japan
  16. Ustirit

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Great CD and a fantastic recording,
  17. Ustirit

polk monitor 7's, ya

You can add a bead of Locktite Powergrab all purpose at the locations shown in the picture below. Smooth out the bead with your finger. Note that there is a lot of information over on the Polk forum regarding securing the woofer magnets. Hope this helps.
  18. Ustirit

best car of 80's votes

Two vehicles from the past. The first was my older brothers and I purchased the second new in the Spring of '88. 87 Buick Regal T-Type. Had the same motor as the Grand National. Great performance and so much fun to drive. 88 Ford Mustang LX, 5.0 liter, 5 speed, Goodyear gator backs. Good...
  19. Ustirit

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Rush 2112 on Mirage M490 speakers.
  20. Ustirit

Sansui database - Update

822110144,AU-D7,Ustirit 431060259,TU-S5,Ustirit
  21. Ustirit

What's the newest and oldest component in your system?

Oldest: Sansui D-550M cassette deck (1980) Newest: Adcom GFA 555 (1986) Don't use the cassette deck too much these days, but still part of my basement system.
Back
Top Bottom