Search results

1. efzauner

yet another TX9500 parts repair question!

I have another crack at a non working TX9500. Seems all semis and ICs are available or fixable(relay) except for the FM detector IC. M5109PR What are the chances that this is the culprit? Seller says there is no sound at all and tuning dials dont move. If it were this FM detector IC then AM...
  2. efzauner

TX9500 left channel out?

Hello There is a TX9500 for sale at reasonable price but seller says left channel not working. Seems the tuning lights and meters are working. Can I assume that if the problem is common to both AM and FM and is also not functional in FM Mono mode then the problem is after the Tuning circuits...
  3. efzauner

The telltale sound/noise of component failure

Recently one of my channels on my Pioneer SA9500 sent out a very loud transient noise burst/crackling sound. I never heard this before. Is this a early warning of a major component failure coming? Is there a guide to these sounds? Thanks
  4. efzauner

Vintage Speaker spring terminals? Replace with modern binding posts?

I have an SA9500 (among others!) The old style push/spring type speaker terminals seem rather... less that positive. Has any one tried to replace these with more modern binding posts?
  5. efzauner

Testing Power supply caps for restore?

I have found many links to changing PS caps but nothing on how do determine if they are bad apart from the obvious physical signs. I have several amps from the 70s and 80s including a Bryston 4B and Pioneer SA9500. Both work and are in great shape. I just tested the Bryston and it's square wave...
Back
Top Bottom