Search results

1. B

Are these RCA SPK 250W’s “Dimensias”

Definitely not from the famous demensia line. These were manufactured in the 70s, as stated above as auxiliary speakers. A lot of companies use the same model numbers over and over. I think it’s just a coincidence they start with SPK. The actual line of demensia speakers are top-notch, awesome...
  2. B

STEREO TEST RECORD:

I have a few of them, one is from realistic, and one from Altec Lansing and I think they’re really cool. Then when you think one of these came out, stereo was relatively a new idea so it just amazes me at the history and how groundbreaking it was at the time
  3. B

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Yup, i’m assuming it never did pan out for him
  4. B

We never did hear back from @Snowpuppy2. He came across an old painting and talked about it in this thread, then poof! He disappeared like jimmy hoffa
  5. B

Screw that, it’s their mistake. Let’s be honest they should not be pricing them individually anyway. The only reason that they do, is to boost their sales quanity and profit. I really do not want to get into a discussion of bashing Goodwill but ultimately it’s bad business practices. If you took...
  6. B

Can anyone I.D. these unique Speakers ?

Definitely not DIY, there was a thread maybe a year or so ago trying to ID the same speakers. But that poster was asking from memory and drew a couple of pictures. I guarantee these are it but I don’t know whatever came of the thread.
  7. B

Altec Console Estate Sale Find

Wow that is beautiful!!!!! Awesome pioneer DSS 9’s by the way too!! Hoping I’m lucky enough to find a pair someday.
  8. B

Falls Church VA ends at 2 ARXB TT JBL 4312 speakers RTR LP records

OP thank you for posting, let the haters hate, everyone has an opinion and you know what their like… I For one appreciate your daily effort and what you give to AK
  9. B

A Single Optimus Mach 3

Ah yeah not that far, but not close enough. Thanks for posting!
  10. B

A Single Optimus Mach 3

Oh my goodness, wouldn’t you know it, I have an orphan Mach 3. It sounds surprisingly good. Even if it is just one. I don’t know where you’re located but I’m sure you’re clear across the country from me lol
  11. B

Oh man that’s awesome! I’ve had most of that series and they are all excellent! The original design is a pain in the ass for us now but was actually ahead of its time. They do pop up on eBay from time to time. Thanks for posting!
  12. B

New in box RCA Dimensia pieces off CL

Because I am an owner of the SPK 500 speakers, and are very familiar with the rest of the lineup. I would not hesitate. I would’ve already had them in My Home all of it!!! for that price!
  13. B

Cerwin Vega

Dx7’s were my favorites out of several different pairs from several different series
  14. B

Vintage theater audio

I want to hear about this radio shack stuff too!? Don’t leave that part out
  15. B

My new acquisition today. Toshiba Speakers.

Wow! Nice pair of speakers you got there!
  16. B

What is the most compact sized vintage recevier?

Realistic Sta 430 Beautiful little Reciever, Classic 70s styling and it was an excellent sounding receiver. It’s small lightweight and could be had for under $100.
  17. B

bought some Pioneer HPM 200 and gonna need advice

Well if you look closely at the second picture deep inside the cabinet of the speaker on the right the original mid seems to be Tucktaway behind the super tweeter so you may have lucked out if you can repair it. I’d say repair though. If you can take the dimensions from the good speaker you can...
  18. B

Found some HPM 100's

Great find and those do not look bad at all! Just take your time and with some patience and elbow grease you will have a great looking and great sounding pair of speakers. Outweigh the cost options between getting them recone or just getting replacement drivers off of eBay. I’m sure there are...
  19. B

Allied 2385 Goodwill find.

For $10! That’s a heck of a deal just for the cabinets alone. I would assume those are Jensen drivers
  20. B

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Man that is killer! $10 is just amazing
  21. B

Low budget bargain MCS receivers, JCP - any love?

I’ve had a few come through here, my favorite was the 3260. A really nice sounding and looking receiver.
  22. B

Opinion needed

What has been mentioned above is all true. Unfortunately you are still probably screwed and your accounts will be charged back if they do decide to return it. Best case scenario is you have the money to cover the return and you get the item back in one piece in the same condition you sent it in...
  23. B

Pioneer tube amp - what have i got ?

Definitely a rare piece, I’ve never even heard of one. I’m actually more curious to know the backstory of this piece if you care to share?
  24. B

Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

Absolutely! I totally agree and thank you all for you’re service and commitment one day at a time! It inspires others like me that there is a life beyond the one we used to know
  25. B

Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

I have to agree with the above statement, after owning two of the bigger realistic receivers, and several others of top brand names. The Sta 2080 is certainly not generic or sub par by any means. Maybe the original poster didn’t mean it in that sense but it’s a great piece of equipment. I picked...
Back
Top Bottom