Search results

1. B

Looking for friends of Bill w

I have been a part of Audiokarma for sometime now, but I’m looking for a friend of Bill W? I’m trying to do the best I can but I’ve lost my way and music is the only answer to my problems, but sometimes my problems for out reach what I can do
  2. B

Help identifying what I truly have here?

OK so through my travels I came across this truly nice, all original amp mixer set up. It is a Stromberg Carlson amp, mixer, etc. in the original mounting cabinet. Itdoes include a Garrard AT6 turntable, and two, yes two! Model AV-70 amplifiers( I'm assuming that btw). I've only just recently...
  3. B

Name that speaker! #2

These are for sale locally, no affiliation! They definetly have caught my attention but kinda give off a cheap vibe to me as well. With the chrome trim and lack there of a proper speaker terminal any ideas? Not sure if they are simply extension speaker for a console or maybe just a kit? Sorry...
  4. B

Anyone recognize these???

I came across these in a local peddlers mall. I got excited thinking they were a version of EPI 's , but I don't think they are. No label or bagde, terminals on the bottom. It's just a simple spring type speaker connection mounted on the bottom of the speaker. They stand about 4' tall with black...
  5. B

Opinions on Cerwin Vega dx 7's?

There seems to be a lot of info on every other model they made , but not much at all on these? Just looking for anyone's personal experience with the dx 7's. I am a fan of the company and already own a few pairs of them myself. Currently a pristine pair of d 3's of which are my favorite, a pair...
  6. B

Original Altec cabinets and drivers, possible value??

So I few weeks ago I stumbled across an unbelievable deal. I started a thread not long ago in speaker forum about these beauties. I couldn't believe it myself as I don't really know much about vintage Altec components but I knew what they were when I seen them. I know they have value but just...
  7. B

Unbelievable but true!! I think a major Altec find.

Hello all, Ok first let me say this, when it comes to Altec Lansing I don't know a whole lot. I do know that some are highly sought after and that it is the typical to each their own on certain models for ones they like an don't like. I've drooled over countless threads an images of big an...
  8. B

Holy cow!! Am I dreaming!?!?

:eek2::banana:I'm on my way now to pick them up now! An yes the price is correct, will report back soon!
  9. B

Today's cl score!! Sometimes it actually is legit!!

So today I learned two very valuable lessons. It pays to always be prepared and persistent, and always try to be financially ready for anything that pops up. Two sometimes when you think the ad is a hoax, it actually turns out to be legit. So a little backstory, it was Friday night here in...
  10. B

Kliscph heresy's in Louisville cl

No affiliation!!! Super deal for some one with the room and money. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up! Posted about an hour ago. No grilles I'm assuming didn't ask. https://louisville.craigslist.org/ele/5959597505.html Typing so fast I misspelled the title I know! Lol
  11. B

Ones experience with Infinity Rs 9's?

So I picked these up yesterday from the goodwill for the sweet sum of $11.99. Now I know they're of good quality and the last pair of infinity's I owned I really enjoyed. They were a mint pair of rs a's. The rs 9's are in excellent shape including both grilles an badges. Only needing a recap and...
  12. B

Finally became a subscriber !!!

:banana::beerchug::beerchug::banana::rockon::rockon::rockon::beerchug::banana::banana: I have no excuse as to why it's took me over year to do so, but I'm extremely happy that I did. I really began feeling guilty for not doing it sooner as I seriously frequent this site ritually everyday. I...
  13. B

Recapping HPM 500's??

Hi all, Well I finally got my HPM 500's back from a fresh refoam. Thank goodness we had no issues with the cones turning into busted peanut brittle!! The only issue but not a big one to me is we had to place the Phoma surround on top of the counter rather then originally underneath. I love...
  14. B

Overloading amp with nova 6's!??

I recently picked up a really nice pair of realistic nova 6 speakers the other day and after turning it up about a quarter of the way on my receiver it puts the amp into overload. I've never had this issue , the condition of the speakers are great, no loose or freyed wires, no crossed or loose...
  15. B

Calling all pioneer HPM– 500 owners please?

Good morning everyone, So here's the deal, a couple weeks ago I finally acquired my long favored pioneer HPM 500 speakers. Sent them to the shop because I don't trust myself to refoam these and all is well and they sound great. I am powering them with a Pioneer SX 850. They sound amazing and...
  16. B

Recommendations for Sansui replacement tweeter T – 192c

Good morning everyone, So I previously previously posted this question originally in the speaker forum but unfortunately I did not even get one simple reply. What I'm looking for is advice or help on a suitable replacement preferably original but if not something close to it for the T – 192c...
  17. B

Help finding a replacement tweeter for Sansui XL – 500

Hi all, I am in the process of restoring an amazing set of Sansui XL – 500 C speakers. I personally love these things, the looks are amazing and the sound is superb for the type of music that I run through them. I don't have anything invested in these so I can certainly afford to put a little...
  18. B

Help with pioneer linear tracking turntable

Hello everyone, so let me begin with this yesterday I came across a pioneer PL – L 70 linear tracking turntable for four freaking dollars! I thought it was a pretty good score, although I am not familiar with this type of turntable. I do not know much about them,and with four dollars only being...
  19. B

Sx 850 vs sx 880

Good morning everyone! I'm just trying to get some feedback and personal experiences with the Pioneer SX 850 versus the Pioneer SX 880. I've researched to have a little bit of experience with both but not a lot. Any feedback about both would be much appreciated. I have an opportunity to purchase...
  20. B

any experience with the speakers?

Good morning everyone! A few months back choir and excellent superb looking pair of Sansui XL 500s. I love the look of the speakers and I have every intention on keeping them. I picked them up off of a free ad from craigslist,I really couldn't believe somebody was just giving these away that I...
  21. B

Bose 901 dilemma

OK guys here's the deal, I am new to a K somewhat. With that said I have followed and read so much great advice and information here that I value everyone's opinion very highly. I have amassed quite a collection of vintage gear and some Newark year over the years, but yesterday I got my work...
  22. B

Help with better reception!!!

Hello everyone, I Just have a few general question s about good reception and reasonable antenna options for my bedroom setup. The Main power source for this setup ( which I have one in just about every room ) is a pioneer sx255r. First with just using a standard parallel wire antenna does...
Back
Top Bottom