Search results

1. DIPO

RECAP SANSUI SP2000 SPEAKERS

Ok, I'm no electronics tech however I lost my wife last month and need something to do to keep my mind from turning to dust and keep it clear, so I'm going to take on the recap of my SP2000s. I have the write up by rek50 and am now looking at the parts list of capacitors and being a dah-huh...
  2. DIPO

SANSUI SP 2000 SPEAKER REBUILD

Looked all the threads and am totally lost. No problem for me lost all the time. I'm looking for instructions on how to rebuild these speakers, parts list, instruction or schematic and where to find parts. I'm not an elec. tech but ain't afraid to try. Would like to do a recap on the speakers. I...
  3. DIPO

PHILLIPS SPEAKERS

Okay lets try again, picked up a couple of Phillips Speakers 475s, big speakers, big sound, been working fine now I have a cackle in one of them when I turn up the base, appear to be 12 inch speakers with 2 in each cabinet and that's all. Sounds like one of the speakers is aboout to bite the...
  4. DIPO

PHILLIPS SPEAKERS

Was at a garage sale the other day and found 2 speakers they are Phillips 475s, offered the guy $10 for the pair and he said just take them, too heavy to move back inside. They are heavy, brought them home, plugged them into my Denon DRA 685, worked perfectly. Have had them for about a year as...
  5. DIPO

5000A replace f1040 with f6013

OK, I started this little adventure back in Sept. 2017 and have been working on and off ever since, did the f1040 retrofit and blew up one the of the boards. Poor quality soldering, bought some new f6013 boards from bonzorro and installed them, set bias, numbers are LC 21.1 mA, RC 20.9 mA, put...
  6. DIPO

help with 5000a retrofit

Hello, Dipo here again. So I got the diodes solder in place and am ready to to put the 100 pf capacitor in on the back of the board, problem is I don't know if there is a + or - side or if that matters JPdylan's retrofit thread did not say which way to put them. Or even if that mattered. Second...
  7. DIPO

5000A RETROFIT

Hello all, Dipo here again. Have started the diode replacement process and of course I have questions. In the jpdylon thread he states one should use 1 nte 605 and in another post I think by rek50 and a member I think called Fast Eddie, old thread it stated that you should use 2 605s in series...
  8. DIPO

F1040 RETROFIT

Dipo here again, I am ready to start retrofitting my 5000a 1040 boards, on the parts list is/are 2, 150 ohm 2 wait resistors, but I can't find, in the retrofit, where they go on the boards. Anybody out there that can help, if I missed something please let me know. Don't want to start until I...
  9. DIPO

My 5000a

Hello, Dipo here, was reading for about the 100th time, the 5000a F1040 board retro fit and noticed at the end the gentleman said the bias would need to be readjusted. Being the mental midget of electronics, what does that mean, adjust the bias, and also how do you do it? Also, what is a variac...
  10. DIPO

CAN I USE THIS

Ok folks Dipo here I am trying to retro fit my sansui 5000a, the retro fit instructions said to use a 100pf 100V capacitor so I ordered one and the parts house sent me a 82pf 100v cap. Can I use this vs the 100pf? Just don't know enough to make dec. on my own. thanks Dipo
  11. DIPO

Help

Dipo here, one of the inexperienced new AK members, absolutely love this site. This may seem ehh, not so smart, but, is there a way to filter post by year. Recently someone let me know that I was responding to a post that was 15 years old. Well duh-huh on me. Thanks.
  12. DIPO

5000a parts search

Dipo here been trying to find the parts to retrofit/update my amp, not having any luck, spent couple of hours yesterday on ebay and other sites and couldn't find any so I'm listing what I got off of AK posted by jpdylon and asking for help finding these or finding a replacement for them, any...
  13. DIPO

F1041 BOARD RETRO FIT

Hi, folks, Dipo here again, I continue to solder on. So I found the thread which discusses rebuilding or retro fitting the 1040 boards in a Sansui 5000a. Wow!!!!!! I went to my work bench and looked at my amp. and here is what I found. Board on the left the original factory thermal feedback...
  14. DIPO

SANSUI 5000A CAPACITORS

Hi y'all I'm the new guy. I have a Sansui 5000a that I purchased in 1970 in Okinawa, along with a couple of SP 2000 speakers. The 5000a has blown the power fuse for the left side. Been reading here and other places to try to figure out if I can fix the problems, I'm retired, a fair shade tree...
Back
Top Bottom