Search results

1. audiotemp

Should the twice yearly time change be abolished?

Time of daylight = daytime = amount of daylight. Try googlin' the first one and see whether or not you get sunrise times.
  2. audiotemp

Electronics supply store recommendations?

Brick and mortar electronics supply stores don't exist any more, do they?
  3. audiotemp

what gin for a great gin and tonic???

On the website there are 3 versions: expensive, expensiver, and expensivest. I hope the local price is better. Botanicals in the Blue are given online as African Juniper, Common Juniper, pink peppercorns, Selim pepper, Pixie oranges, Swahili limes, cardamom, and acacia honey. "Procera" is...
  4. audiotemp

Just read this on speaker series wiring

It's not correct, at least as stated. If you have two identical mechanisms with identical resonant frequencies and you couple them together, then in the combined system there will be "splitting" of the resonances into two frequencies with a separation that is proportional (at least for weak...
  5. audiotemp

Meridian 504 in standby…

I assume that you meant "can't" here.
  6. audiotemp

Need Help Identifying Thos

Appears to be a 15 Watt resistor.
  7. audiotemp

Meridian 504 in standby…

It may be normal behavior. Possibly "standby" just means muting the tuner's outputs and blanking the display...and imperfect muting then may allow some slight audio to pass. Can you silence it by switching the preamp to a different input?
  8. audiotemp

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

We are powerless before our robot-constructing overlords?
  9. audiotemp

Blade-Oil_Newly acquired weapon / tool in my war on entropy and aging vintage units.

So, same as sewing machine oil (plus Vit E for some reason)?
  10. audiotemp

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

That's quite an apt turn of phrase. Interestingly, an internet search returns but a single example...yours.
  11. audiotemp

I believe those are the foreign-made ones.
  12. audiotemp

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." But my local councilman taught me many years ago that complaining to the city (and doing so repeatedly, if necessary) was the only way for a citizen to...
  13. audiotemp

"What's the story with..." game

Post made from smart dumbass phone. What's the story with "turnabout is fair play"?
  14. audiotemp

duplicate post deleted
  15. audiotemp

I plead the 5th. What's the story with CFL and LED light bulbs that grow dimmer over time, slowly driving you crazy?
  16. audiotemp

What's the story with the gentle reminders? Just kidding...
  17. audiotemp

"Inflation." You'd hide too if somebody wanted to put a couple batteries in your... What's the story with people eating ice cream in cold weather?
  18. audiotemp

What's the story with all of these (non-audio) thread topics?

This thread is dying to be turned into a game thread where every post starts with "What's the story with..." What's the story with people trying to understand mysteries of the universe?
  19. audiotemp

Restricting the majority, at least. While it doesn't invalidate your point, this phenomenon is called "civilization". I think this is true and it's a shame that there is no public dialog about it. We are powerless before our robot overlords.
  20. audiotemp

Dang, I just bought a (used) clock yesterday and already it's off by a whole hour!
  21. audiotemp

How many amplifiers can you run or "watts RMS" on a single 15A circuit?

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-shock-and-awe-system-phaze-2.306078/
  22. audiotemp

RIAA Active Correction (by NFB)

The roll-off and turnover points for active compensation circuits are not exactly the same as the time constants of the feedback network. The latter translate directly to active circuit response only when the gain inside the feedback loop is very high---usually higher than a single tube or...
  23. audiotemp

Braun CE-250 Radio Antenna?

The German language has a certain charm...item is an IEC-Stecker. Stecken den Stecker in die Steckdose.
Back
Top Bottom