Search results

1. dander

LX-3 question

I bought this machine off Bartertown a couple of years ago. It's been flawless, the prior owner had it overhauled by Perry. Anyhow, as I was playing some tapes that had been gifted to me, I started wondering what the machine cost new. I saw that it had an MSRP of 595 back in the early 80s. Is...
  2. dander

I'm about ready to call it good

Over the last few years I've spent a butt load on vintage equipment and then the restoration. One part that had vexed me is the vinyl side of things. I've tried an Ortofon Bronze, the latest AT95ML, a retipped Grado Sonata. I finally broke down and bought a Lehmann Decade phono stage(used) and a...
  3. dander

Dynavector 20x2L

I'm happy with my retipped grado sonata, but I'm wanting to try something new. I have zero experience with LOMC. My equipment is older restored pioneer stuff. I've got a PL 630, an arcam rphono, spec 1 and spec 4, with some ads 1290's. Would this just be conspicuous consumption, or a worthwhile...
  4. dander

Technics SL 1300 MK1 auto repeating

My question is this. I've got one, new to me, and the auto function seems to work. However, when it starts, the auto repeat knob advances to 1 and unless I reset it to zero it just repeats, the stop lever just restarts play. Should auto repeat adjust from zero to one upon start? I'm assuming...
  5. dander

Pioneer PL-12d and the Q-up

My question is, has anyone used an aftermarket arm lifter only the Pioneer PL-12D? Do the collective minds think it would work? I realize I could just look for the auto return PL-15, but I got this for next to nothing, and with a new belt and some oil, it really sounds nice. Separately, the...
  6. dander

Infinity RS5

General question, would a restored pioneer spec 4 have enough grunt to power these, or is it recipe for magic smoke or clipping?
  7. dander

Aurex cartridges anyone?

I bought a beautiful Denon DP 47f and it has an Aurex M70 cartridge. The web is really stingy with info on this. All I could find was in an ad blurb for a turntable saying the stylus is a 0.6 mm rounded diamond that tracks at 2 grams and the cart's output is 2.5 mV. Anyhow, it sounds pretty...
  8. dander

New AT 92ECD vs old AT TR485U

Ok, So I picked up a Technics SL-D20 at a garage sale with the old AT TR485U installed. I played a few records with it and it sounds pretty good, I did clean the stylus first. However, I have no idea of the amount of hours, I did purchase it from the original owner, who I assume did nothing...
  9. dander

Sherwood: Score, scroe, or no?

I picked these up off CL last week for 150. Sherwood S 8000 III, Sherwood Ravinia speakers, and a Garrard Type A Mk II. This is my first tube gear, and I know nothing about it. However, the drivers in the speakers all function and the cabinets are fairly nice, The turntable I haven't messed...
  10. dander

Pioneer SA 9100 transformer

Would anyone know where I could possibly get one? I have posted in barter town, but would you guys and gals have an idea where else I could check? Thanks, Dave
  11. dander

CL JBL L112 purchase....issues

I noticed a pair of JBL speakers with no description listed on CL. I called and the owner told me they were L112's with one replacement woofer, Honestly they are beat up and one of the frames has a crack. all of the pegs for the grills are broken off except for the top ones. However, the...
  12. dander

W90 Wharfedale?

I bought a set of W60E at a garage sale and a 1980's HK PM640 vxi amp and tuner was given to me by a co worker. All the drivers work. Never really had anything other than a little Yamaha all in one bookshelf system. My goodness.....the diference is incredible. I feel like I am at the the...
  13. dander

Wharfedale W60E question

Hello, I was out garage saleing(is that a word?) this last weekend and bought some Whafedale W60E's and a couple of DCM CX-17's. Anyhow, when I took the woofer out to look at the caps on the Wharfedale's crossovers I found some white cloth material was used to fill the cabinet. Is this factory...
  14. dander

Yamaha RX-950

I can purchase one of these but wondering what's a fair price. I understand not many made and really little info on this site or out there. Thanks, Dave
Back
Top Bottom