Search results

1. widespot

How to flatten album?

I've only taken advantage of a couple times when records are ruined anyway. It's offered great improvement both times.
  2. widespot

How to flatten album?

I have a local record store that flattens them for me. Never hurts to ask. I offer money but he does it for free.
  3. widespot

Simple way to cast from Macbook to Chromecast Audio?

I believe you have to click it again. Tripped me up too. On both of my browsers I hit the cast icon then the word CAST... shows up. When I click on the my devices show.
  4. widespot

There is a cast button in the Play Music web UI too, bottom right. I generally just plug the laptop into a DAC ifn' I want better quality. Only cast for background music so not too concerned about the quality. All that said I have a pixel so apps are easy. But I'm an old prepress guy so I have a...
  5. widespot

With either you have to basically define a folder on your computer. Once you do that with Google music the music will be available to you. I mostly use Plex at home.
  6. widespot

I don't think you need an app. Just the web UI. I'm not certain that I've done that now that I think of it. But I listen to all my music through the web UI at work these days. Plex works for certain. Not difficult to set up at all.
  7. widespot

Use Google Music to cast. Simply point Google Music to your iTunes music library or any other folder. Once it's all done reading the library you can play your music. There will be a casting option. Plex works to, but maybe not quite as simple.
  8. widespot

JVC does not get much respect

I just found a JVC AX-R551 for $12 at a thrift. I cleaned it up and everything seems to be working.
  9. widespot

Chromecast Audio discontinued

I got the one I ordered from Google, on Sunday, for $15 last night. Not sure what I'll do with it before spring .
  10. widespot

Chromecast Audio discontinued

I ordered one from there on Saturday and got a message that it is on the way this afternoon. I'm considering ordering a third, but hey these are White Albums.
  11. widespot

Newbie Question - Warning: layman language!!!`

Yes, toslink to mini toslink. Connect to the optical in on your receiver and enjoy.
  12. widespot

The Chromecast only has optical out. Just use the 3.5 for now you may need a 3.5 to RCA adapter. The sound will still be better than BT.
  13. widespot

I cast to the Chromecast from my Android phone, my IOS phone, my iPad, my Chromebook via the web browser, and the app on my imac. So connectivity shouldn't be an issue assuming they are all on the same network. Using the supplied 3.5mm into the aux jack of my amp sounds fine, as the DAC on the...
  14. widespot

I forgot to ask the model of the receiver. Does it have wifi capabilities? If so that works better than BT and you may be good to go. My Pioneer, for example, has airplay and Chromecast built right in.
  15. widespot

Good evening, I use a Chromecast audio to play Spotify from tablet to my amp. Works great. My AV amp has bluetooth, but I never used it for the reasons you describe. The chromecast audio was $15 right before Christmas, not sure, but its still a good deal at $35 IMO.
  16. widespot

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey
  17. widespot

New Guy From Richfield Minnesota

Welcome from just up Cedar.
  18. widespot

New member intro

Good afternoon, I signed up for the forum quite a bit ago and I’ve been a lurker for a couple years. I thought it was time to do the intro. I do not think I did an intro when I signed up. Thanks for all the people contributing here. I’ve loved music since I found an old Beatles record on the...
  19. widespot

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

It's a great record. I was at my local store last week and the guy had a whole box of used Prince records. Mostly for $10 US, which is about they would have sold for before. I was broke though.
  20. widespot

@JWinTN "Special Disco Version Promo? What's up with that?" Looks like this:
  21. widespot

The last couple weeks I've bought quite a few records. Most of these were used some were thrift finds. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Freaky Styley Rush - Moving Pictures Bee Gees - Sat. Night Fever, Special Disco Version Promo Daniel Hecht - Willow Beatles - MMT Echo and the Bunnyman - Crocodiles...
  22. widespot

Sal's today. I got a couple Blood, Swear, and Tears and BTO II. Paid $2 for the three. Las week I picked up some REM, LRP, Green, and Fables cheap and mint. I also got a very nice copy of New Order Substance..
  23. widespot

Hello from MSP

Hi, new member here. I found a turntable in my garage a while back. I hooked it up, bought some records, and am proceeding nicely down the wormhole. Lots of great info here. Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom