Search results

1. Audiofreak71

Climbing the Talon Audio Ladder

So it’s been about 3 months in the making but I’ve finally received my Talon Audio Firebirds. I was waiting for the upgraded crossovers to be built which took some time and they recently were crated and sent back. To say that it took serious manpower to get these speakers loaded up and...
  2. Audiofreak71

New Streamer! Zidoo Neo S

So for about 6 months or so I’ve been pondering selling my Oppo UDP-203 and simplify things with a stand alone streamer. Recently an opportunity came along where someone just happened to be looking for a 203 so I sold it to them and thus began the search for a worthy streamer that would...
  3. Audiofreak71

MoFi news!

Guess it was inevitable https://ultimateclassicrock.com/mofi-records-settlement/ Audiofreak71
  4. Audiofreak71

R.I.P. Bobby Caldwell

Seems like they’re dropping like flies :( R.I.P. Mr Caldwell Audiofreak71
  5. Audiofreak71

So this was added to the herd

I have known of this table for quite some time but was out of my reach back then and in recent years just hasn’t been on my radar. Until recently when one I noticed was local to me, I had already built up a nice rig with my Nottingham Spacedeck being my reference table and a one off Marc Morin...
  6. Audiofreak71

Acoustic Treatments

For those who don’t know and those that do. Audiofreak71
  7. Audiofreak71

I’ll just leave this here

Audiofreak71
  8. Audiofreak71

Decided to stop screwing around with luxury SUV’s and bought something reliable.

I’ve owned luxury SUV’s for awhile now, BMW, Volvo, Infinity etc etc, all we’re very nice however, each one would develop issues that were t regular maintenance issues that ended up costing so much it took all the fun out of owning. So the wife and I said screw it were going to get an SUV or...
  9. Audiofreak71

The Inverted Snob

Audiofreak71
  10. Audiofreak71

UPDATE! MoFi is using all digital processing with their vinyl pressings

This is interesting and if it’s true I think many will be disappointed, personally it doesn’t really bother me as I have had very good experiences with MOV pressings which are all digital. Audiofreak71
  11. Audiofreak71

Talon Khorus X full upgrades and my mind is blown!

The past year in a half had been pretty interesting as far as speakers, turntables and carts go but I’m here to talk about my new found possible end game speakers. These are the Talon Khorus with the full X upgrades and crossovers, they have real Mahogany solid wood, no veneer no Mdf/hdf solid...
  12. Audiofreak71

White House Record Collection

Interesting read, https://www.washingtonian.com/2022/05/03/the-untold-story-of-the-white-houses-weirdly-hip-record-collection/ Audiofreak71
  13. Audiofreak71

Ultrasonic Cleaner late to the game but finally reached the mountain top

So I finally have an Ultrasonic Cleaner, I have been using my VPI 16.5 RCM with very good results after getting my technique down and the right cleaning agent (Audio Intelligent Vinyl Solutions). I trialed some older records today just to get things operating and some practice. I will still be...
  14. Audiofreak71

The Point of diminishing returns an interesting discussion

Pretty interesting discussion Audiofreak71
  15. Audiofreak71

It’s a great time to be an Audiophile! Yeah I said it

If a mature constructive conversation can be had from those that actually watch the video that would be great. I believe all of us on here share at least one thing and that’s the love for music and I believe there is gear to fit everyone that sounds excellent, whether $1k is spent or $1million...
  16. Audiofreak71

Words to live by

Audiofreak71
  17. Audiofreak71

Music moves us all

If this doesn’t show that we all can appreciate music and to not take for granted the ears we use to hear it then I don’t know what will. Hope you enjoy :thumbsup: Audiofreak71
  18. Audiofreak71

Well I did a thing (Nottingham Turntable Material)

I got a Nottingham Spacedeck with a Rega RB900 arm with some mods. It came with a clearaudio Virtuoso wood but I took that off and placed my Jico Seto Hori on it . First impressions are very positive, very very quiet background. Separation , Bass , highs all excellent , arm/Jico tracks like a...
  19. Audiofreak71

Can a headshell improve a carts overall performance and sound?

In my experience the answer is an absolute Yes!. Well this is the second custom Headshell I have from @Andre Garcia and this one I thought I’d try on my AT33PTG/II . These headshells are hands down the best I have ever owned for my setup regardless of cost . I don’t know what kind of Magic...
  20. Audiofreak71

Another unusual Cart

The Jico Seto Hori, odd looks to some and rarely seen by many this Homc is one of the best carts I have owned and listened to for that matter. At 11g it’s got some heft and I decided I would mate it with my Marc Morin ARXA so I wanted the lightest headshell I could find for it , at first I had a...
  21. Audiofreak71

New cart, Ikeda 9 Kiwami

I’ve had this for about a week now , it’s a cart that you don’t see too often so thought I would share a bit on what I think about it and some pictures . First it is a cantileverless cart the diamond is held by a bridge underneath which makes it pretty hard to setup . It’s very finicky to setup...
  22. Audiofreak71

Thanks Markshan

Just wanted to thank @markshan for the as described NM copy of Anita Baker (Rapture) , fast shipping and great seller , thanks again :thumbsup: Audiofreak71
  23. Audiofreak71

New Table in the Stable custom Thorens TD-125 SME 3009 S2 Improved

I finally have my refurbished custom Zebrano wood plinth Thorens TD-125 with SME 3009 Series ii improved Fixed Headshell done. This project has actually finished faster then I expected , about 3 months. I currently have an AT33PTG/ii mounted and the SME seems to like it very much , the sound is...
  24. Audiofreak71

Bill Withers passed away today.

I played a few songs of his in his honor R.I.P Mr. Withers . Audiofreak71
  25. Audiofreak71

Thorens td-125 help with recapping

I just received a Thorens TD-125 that is in overall good aesthetic shape , motor is good , platter and bearing are good . However the speeds are off with 33.3 and 45 and I have read this is a known issue with the boards in needing a recap . Along with the purchase I received the caps to redo...
Back
Top Bottom