Search results

1. C

Is this a decent deal on Klipsch Chorus II? Advice needed.

Haha I discovered the missing grilles a little after the initial post - I agree!
  2. C

Thanks for the advice! In your opinion, then, is there anything much that would be an improvement given the size of the room? I'd probably like to stay in the Klipsch family given my setup as of now, but should I be angling for La Scalas or Cornwalls or would anything short of Khorns (which...
  3. C

Hi all! For background, I currently own a set of Forte I that have Bob Crites crossovers and titanium tweeters. I used to have them in a living room that was probably 12’ x 15’ x 8’ and they were plenty. I’ve since moved to a new house where my living room is 17’ x 26’ by probably 15’ (vaulted...
  4. C

Marantz 8B help needed!

Exceptionally helpful! Is the amp unsafe to run in this condition until it's corrected?
  5. C

Marantz 8B help needed!

Will do. If dirty, does DeOxit help here/where does it need to go?
  6. C

Marantz 8B help needed!

Do you think the Orange Drops that have been put in here are worthy replacements or should I have them replaced with something higher end? I just want to make sure I'm getting everything that I can out of it since the output transformers are (I believe and desperately hope - can anyone tell from...
  7. C

Marantz 8B help needed!

I purchased a Craigslist Marantz 8B recently and am in love with it so far but I recently moved and ever since I can’t get it to bias properly - even with the pots maxed out it is still maybe 25% of the way short of the mark. Those of you that are experts out here can maybe help me. I took a pic...
  8. C

Just got some Chorus Is - is this normal?

You guys really are the best. Have I mentioned this yet? Here's a couple of rough shots of the cabs. I can get better pictures later this evening but this is what I've got for now. It's hard to see, but there is gapping on both sides of the top between the top and sides maybe 1.5cm wide and...
  9. C

The Fortes are I's but I now have a very, very good problem to have :) Onto the next one, which at this point is the condition of the cabinet of one of the Choruses. It's a shame because one of them is in very very good shape but the other appears to have some water damage, with gapping at a...
  10. C

Update: got home and swapped the diaphragms in the tweeters and that was it! They sound fantastic now! Girlfriend doesn't even hate the size of them :) I can't wait to get the titanium diaphragms in. I also have a pair of Fortes coming on Sunday so we are having a battle royale! Thanks again...
  11. C

Are they the same? Showing my ignorance here haha. Also, are the diaphragms the kind of thing that just "go bad"? Like it isn't a likely electrical issue or anything if I replace them since the crossovers look decent, they might have just been overdriven or gotten too old? I just don't want to...
  12. C

Thanks so much for the advice! Interestingly enough, my girlfriend is SUPER into this hobby with me but she doesn't really care much for a lot of bass and my living room is really best suited to not having to compensate for a passive woofer so the Chorus Is were really ideal for me in a lot of...
  13. C

Hi all! I'm new to the Korner as of a couple of weeks ago when I bought some KG4s. I was absolutely blown away by the horn sound and knew I had to have more. My first upgrade was finding a pair of Chorus Is. All drivers look intact and put out sound and the crossovers LOOK fine. The mids are...
  14. C

Marantz 2250b Power Switch issue

Hey again, everyone! Huge help with my last thread so hopefully this one will solve my issue as well. I have read lots about faulty power switches in some Marantz models like the 2250 but supposedly this was fixed in the 2250b so I'm not sure where my power issue is coming from. The power has...
  15. C

Broken selector switch shaft fix

I'm curious - I have an extra switch laying around from a 2220b that has 4 positions and I need to replace a switch that has 5 positions. There is no way I can use the shaft out of the 4 position to go in the 5 position switch on my receiver, right?
  16. C

Marantz 2250B Selector Knob Broken

The coincidence is kind of ridiculous. I've been browsing through for several days now and didn't see anything and the one day I get my dander up to post, BANG. Edit: Do they vary at all between different models, or is a selector switch pretty well usable on any model?
  17. C

Marantz 2250B Selector Knob Broken

Hi AK! I'm new here and just now getting into vinyl but man, am I ever hooked! My setup so far is a Realistic Lab-440 TT mated to a Marantz 2250B receiver with Marantz Model 7mkII speakers. The sound is fantastic for my purposes but I'm always looking for an improvement! With that said, my...
Back
Top Bottom