Search results

1. yamaha53

Lansing Laugh of the Day

Those drivers in the Blue suitcase look to be from a JVC SK-s22. haha
  2. yamaha53

Can the L112 really take 300 watts ?

I am currently pushing my JBL L112's with a luxman R117 with no problems. The specs say 160 watts per channel with 4.5 db headroom. So there is no telling what is going to them when I am really jamming. I was originally trying to push them with my Yamaha CR2020 but the Luxman edged out the...
  3. yamaha53

B&W DM2/series II, curb alert score, opinions

I agree about probably not needing a recap. I also like the laid back treble, not at all fatiguing. Seems to kinda blend into the surroundings. My main listening room has hardwood floors will minimal carpeting so sound reflections are a real thing. My AR3's during a cymbal crash set off my...
  4. yamaha53

KLH 17's

I Have used Roy's sealer many times. Works great. Hope he whips up some more soon. But my wife hates the smell. Really tightened up the bass on my sets of KLH 6 and AR2ax.
  5. yamaha53

When I found them they where missing the center caps form the woofers and mids. The only ones I could find were a little larger than originals. But I really like the way they look. That might be the reason they look like domes in that one picture.
  6. yamaha53

Here are some pics to finally update this tread. The speakers sounded great, nice bass with really mellow highs. Maybe a recap is in order? I must say I really like them. Now to just clean up the veneers and enjoy. All for that magic price. FREE.
  7. yamaha53

Thoughts on Pioneer PL-L1000 with Audio-Technica Signet TK7SU cartridge

Nice, Did you source a new stylus for the that cartridge? I see people are putting Elliptical ones on as replacement for the Shibata stylus. Is there a difference in sound/ tracking/ etc? I do know the price is different.
  8. yamaha53

So the TK7 will fit the AR XA head? Very interesting. Thanks for the response
  9. yamaha53

My parents asked me the other day what I wanted for my 41st birthday, the answer was easy. I asked for the Pioneer PL-L1000 linear turntable that they seemed to have forgotten about. It was just sitting in a cabinet not getting used. They agreed and what a birthday gift it was for me. He...
  10. yamaha53

Stars aligned to bring me my set of AR-3s

thanks for the kind words. the Phil lesh bass advice is right on the money. I put another picture up of my setup but with the ar2ax's. I noticed that I did not have a good picture of the complete table.
  11. yamaha53

Funny you mentioned a sag. The top of the woofer surround has kind of flattened out but the bottom is very round. I have rotated some of my polk audio passive radiators due to sag. I have yet to hear anyone rotate an AR woofer. Excellent advice.
  12. yamaha53

Good fortune has found me this week for sure. I have often lusted but knew it was not time yet for me to find my set of AR-3's. But there they where on craigslist. The price was to good to pass up. So I ran over to the house immediately and there they sat. The owner had them hooked up and...
  13. yamaha53

Lear Jet Industries Speakers?

Finally someone else wants to talk about these little guys. I found a pair earlier this year at a habitat for humanity. Noticed the Lear Jet logo on the back and had to have them. I was impressed mainly by the quality of the cabinets. Really nice veneer and easy to get into for upgrades...
  14. yamaha53

Thanks everyone for the kind words and will keep you posted with the progress
  15. yamaha53

Sherwood S-7100A Illumination

Sherwood Pic by yamaha53 posted Jul 26, 2017 at 10:18 AM Here is my 7100A that is in my wife's dressing room. Love the look of this unit. I am guessing that these are the original lights. Seems to be a low hour unit ( notice the discs behind the volume and tuning knobs). The phone stage on...
  16. Sherwood Pic

Sherwood Pic

17. yamaha53

Good advice, thanks.
  18. yamaha53

What is the best all around Vintage Turntable?

AR XA all day. It does it for me.
  19. yamaha53

That is them. Kinda remind me of ET with the little feet on them. The woofers look pretty much custom with the crazy mounting base. I hope to never have to look for one as a replacement. Think I read somewhere that it is a BM 221 woofer? Thanks for the replies. Hopefully someone with a set...
  20. yamaha53

On craigslist the other day was a free curb pickup add for boxes but the picture for it was a pair of blurry tall speakers. Not sure what they were so I emailed the owner and they said B&W. Jumped in my truck and sprinted over there and there they were beside the street along with some old...
Back
Top Bottom