Search results

1. P

How to Replace the stylus?

Thanks for the great tips. (My next major project will be to get either one of my 2 Laser Discs players working again )
  2. P

Thanks Danny, I got it replaced and now it sounds alot better.
  3. P

hi, I have a Curtis mathis VM Sn:857118 1232183 (see pic) I want to replace the stylus with a new Sonotone: 8ta Do I just rotate the handle, and then pull it out sideways ? Or do i need to remove the cartridge ? This is pretty old and I don't want to damage it. https://imgur.com/a/fYjK0mU...
  4. P

replace belt on Panasonic lx-600u?

The door does not open - just makes a noise. I have the top open , and see how the part in the picture has limited motion https://imgur.com/a/nVZMBIH Any links for doing a repair, and buying replacement parts ? Thanks, Peter
  5. P

why do I see a shimmer?

I have a Laser disc player (Panasonic lx-600u ) connected to a modern receiver via s-video. which is hooked up to a lcd tv 1920 x 1080 via HDMI. I notice some LD (but not all) exhibit a shimmering motion. Example : Ben HUR . Also the screen resizes between scenes. is that related to the...
  6. P

panasonic laser disc player lx-600 - cannot open the door.

thanks powerman for putting me on the right track !
  7. P

panasonic laser disc player lx-600 - cannot open the door.

Hi , I have a panasonic laser disc player lx-600 . when i push the "open" button nothing happens. I think it just needs a little force push - should I try to pry it open with a screw driver ? Thanks alot, Peter
  8. P

no DTS audio from Laser disc player?

Hi, I have a Panasonic lx-600u I use optical cable to my Yahama tsr-7850 receiver, and it works fine with THX. But not audtio with DTS . I tried switching to Mode B on my receiver , but still no audio. Do I need to use RCA cables instead of optical cable? Thanks, Peter
  9. P

Laser disk analog audio problem

Yes, the owner's guide says : Playing back Dolby Atmos or DTS:X content creates realistic sound that comes from every direction, including overhead. To receive the full effect of Dolby Atmos or DTS:X content, we recommend a speaker system with presence speakers. About DTS:X™ ▪ When DTS:X...
  10. P

Yahama tsr-7850 audio problem ?

i moved this question to General Discussion.
  11. P

Laser disk analog audio problem

hi, I am trying to connect a Panasonic lx-600u laser disc player to a Yahama tsr-7850 Receiver. One movie (Toy Story) plays ok using the toslink cable connected to Audio 1. But other movies (like Vertigo with DTS ) do not work. Do I need a different analog audio ? I tried attaching rca jacks...
  12. P

Yahama tsr-7850 audio problem ?

hi, I am trying to connect a laser disc player(Panasonic lx-600u ) to a Yahama tsr-7850 Receiver. One movie (Toy Story) plays ok using the toslink cable connected to Audio 1. but other movies (like Vertigo with DTS ) does not work. I assume Vertigo has analog audio , so I tried attaching rca...
  13. P

how connect TSR-7850 to ROKU Smart TV?

I read again more carefully, thank for the info. Connect a TV to the unit with an HDMI cable. If you connect a TV that supports ARC to the unit, you can output video/audio to the TV or input TV audio to the unit
  14. P

My receiver does not have a display/monitor port - Are you referring to hdmi input 1 Movie? or HDMI Out 1 ARCX BTW, I never did this before, so please be patient.
  15. P

Hi, I am thinking of buying this tv: TCL 50" 5-Series 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR QLED ROKU Smart TV - 50S535 Since the audio is coming from the tv, do I simply connect the TV HDMI ARC PORT to any HDMI input on the receiver? Thanks, Peter
  16. P

tsr-7850 Optical - no sound

Hi, I am trying to connect a laserdisc player to my tsr-7850 For video, I used a s-video to HDMI converter which kinda works* For audio, I ran the TOSlink Optical cable to optical audio 1. But I do not hear any audio. I also tried optical audio 2. What am I missing? Thanks, Peter *blocky...
  17. P

4K AV receiver -how to connect s-vide

isn't composite video a worse option than s-video?
  18. P

My laser disc player is a Panasonic LX-600u I have not bought the AV receiver yet.
  19. P

My laser disc outputs s-video . What is best way to connect to a 4k AV receiver ? Do i need got get a SVideo to HDMI Converter ? Thanks, Peter
  20. P

hi fi audio bar

Intersting audio bar in LA : https://www.insheepsclothinghifi.com/ From their web site : Sound system *Klipsch Klipschorn Loudspeakers with Bob Crites Crossovers. *Klipsch Heresy Loudspeakers with Bob Crites Crossovers. *Audio Note M5 Tube Phono Preamplifier. *Audio Note Jinro Shochu Tube...
  21. P

Is Curtis Mathis VM Ceramic line level?

hello, I have a Curtis mathis VM , marked '857' on the platter Is the LP player Ceramic line level (no preamp) or moving magnet phono level(pre amp) ? Thanks, Peter
  22. P

Replace curtis mathis with something else?

Kent.what did you mean by "play modern LP discs well" ? I buy OLD LPs at Half Price Books, but once in awhile I'll order a new LP...
  23. P

What about replacing the Curtis with something new, like this : Audio Technica AT-LP60BK-BT ? Would the rca connector and molex power connector work? (Assuming the thing would fit.) Thanks for the AMAZING answers !
  24. P

I meant to say the sound is scratchy when playing on the turntable. The unit is a 1968 drexel/Motorola console. see attached picture Maybe the problem is with the vacuum tubes , or the speakers? But the bad sound mostly occurs when playing a LP. What about pulling out the turntable and...
  25. P

hello, i have a Curtis mathis VM Sn:857118 1232183 - see picture. The sound from my console sees scratch when playing LPs - but radio is ok. I replaced the needle but no improvement. So i want to replace the turntable - maybe something newer. The turntable has a RCA jack and molex power (I...
Back
Top Bottom