Search results

1. Matt's Dad

MC2505-2 DC Balance adjustment ...

So, I'm reviving this to ask a question or two on a MC 2505-2. I realize there is no pot for adjusting the DC Offset on the -2 models, however how does one "adjust" for the Offset? My -2 shows the following: Left channel -7.5 Right Channel -27.9 Does anyone know what the levels should...
  2. Matt's Dad

Mcintosh C26 Power Supply Transistor

I did. Works fine now. Thanks!
  3. Matt's Dad

Mcintosh C26 Power Supply Transistor

Good Day Gents! I am wondering if anyone has a suitable replacement for Transistor Q 302 - 132028 located on the power supply card of the C 26.. Mine is shorted, gave up the ghost after 47 years. I have a copy of the McIntosh Semiconductor Data booklet dated November 1975 and it gives me the...
  4. Matt's Dad

McIntosh C26 Schematic Request

Thanks Everyone! I'll call McIntosh and get the correct version!
  5. Matt's Dad

McIntosh C26 Schematic Request

Good Day Mcintosh Fans!, I have a McIntosh C26 that was made in late 1976 and sold in February 1977, serial # AG4856. I have been looking on the internet and scoured thru AudioKarma for a late model schematic for this unit. I do have the Service Manual 10P01 but that is for early models. The...
  6. Matt's Dad

C 26 noise

Ivo, Did you ever get any help on this? Jim
  7. Matt's Dad

Recapping and repairing a Harman Kardon 730 twin power series stereo receiver

dlucy, Would you happen to have the part numbers for the “Wheat Bulbs”, 8 volt LED Fuse type lamps that you used for your rebuilds. I’m going to do the “Full Monty” on my 730 and would like to replace all of the lighting while I’m in there. Thanks!
  8. Matt's Dad

What do I Do?

The C26 does NOT have a built in amp. Models C32-33-34 have the built in amp that is rated at 20 watts. The Bose 1801 was a 200 watt amp not 300 watts. I had one back in the mid 70's. The 4401 was a 4 channel preamp. I bought the a Bose system in 1976 as the Bbose 1976 system. It cost $1976...
  9. Matt's Dad

MC 2255 Positive & Negative Driver substitutes

Must be nice to have deep pockets...
  10. Matt's Dad

Kevin, you are correct, one doesn't want to butcher things... BUT.... when push comes to shove in 10 years when all the original parts are gone it's going to be either use a TO220 or the unit won't be operational. One wonders what the original guys at McIntosh would do...
  11. Matt's Dad

Patrice, I pulled the transistor numbers off of the schematic. Schematic #6 Power Output and Power Guard (Right Channel). Q516 132203 MJ4247 Q521 132204 MJ4237 So I didn't have the McIntosh replacement #'s. I suppose I could of asked Gail at McIntosh...
  12. Matt's Dad

Patrice, Thanks for the answer. I realize that the original parts are difficult to come by. I thought that maybe someone here had possibly been able to cross reference an available substitute. I guess that is not the case. I am looking for compatible parts which if available from Mouser or...
  13. Matt's Dad

Mackie, I do my own oil changes.... that's why I have 200K on my current vehicle... why pay out the nose when one doesn't have too?, that's stupid.
  14. Matt's Dad

So, gentlemen... Any advice other than call McIntosh Parts and talk to Gail? I thought that this was a place where we could have our questions answered intelligently about McIntosh service and parts. Or was I mistaken?
  15. Matt's Dad

Both of my MC2255s are running well. One was checked out by Terry D. and the other by Ryan at Audio Classics. I am attempting to have a stock of parts for these units for future repair. I was trying to get the advice of the techs here who repair these units as to what drivers I can get from...
  16. Matt's Dad

Good evening!!! I'm looking for substitutes for the Positive & Negative driver transistors fort the MC2255. The McIntosh part numbers are as follows: Q516 132203 MJ4247 Q521 132204 mj4237 Any help would be appreciated. Jim
  17. Matt's Dad

New Forte III "nerfed"

EIEctron, Thanks! just what I needed to hear! Did you also buy the mounting kit or use the existing screws on the Passive?
  18. Matt's Dad

New Forte III "nerfed"

Thanks guys! Yes, I've seen the grills on PE but I am hoping that 3I3ctron can tell me where he got his since they look to be the fit I want. The PE ones had crappy looking screw on brackets.
  19. Matt's Dad

New Forte III "nerfed"

May I ask where you bought them? I have a pair of Forte II and Chorus II that I would like to protect. Thanks for your help!!! BTW those III's are beautiful!!!!
  20. Matt's Dad

New Forte III "nerfed"

I noticed a grill over the passive radiator. Did the Forte IIIs come with that?
  21. Matt's Dad

MC 2505 Filter Caps

Mackie, you are right on! I was hoping that SOMEONE had already accomplished the deed and could tell me which ones they used. New ones from McIntosh cost $100 ea.
  22. Matt's Dad

MC 2505 Filter Caps

My Bad! You are correct! I'm looking for the MC 2505 9300 mfd -10 +75 45 VDC 65 Surge type.. I understand that they can be of a larger capacitance than the 9300 mfd. Physical size is 2 5/8 in tall x 2 7/16 in wide. I've done a search on the Mouser web site and see some possibilities but I...
  23. Matt's Dad

MC 2505 Filter Caps

I have a MC 2505 that I'd like to replace the 39000uf filter caps on it. The caps are original and are 40 years old. The replacements from McIntosh Labs are $100. each. Has anyone replaced the filter caps with something available from Mouser of Digi-Key? Would you mind sharing the brand and...
  24. Matt's Dad

C 34V Monitor Amp Biasing

Please disregard. found the info i needed on the forum. should of done a deep search first!
  25. Matt's Dad

McIntosh C 26 Preamp Power supply recapping, clean inexpensive way!

OK. I am curious as to any audible problems that may have been present when he recapped
Back
Top Bottom