Search results

1. Mc_Man

Mr- 78 tuner bezel

^ Same here, mine came off probably 5 years ago. I prefer the look without the bezel!
  2. Mc_Man

Most you've spent on an Lp?

Come on guys don't be scared, your wives will never see this. My most expensive LP purchase to date was a first UK press of Nick Drake's Bryter Layter in VG+ condition for $239. Not a single regret!
  3. Mc_Man

Mcintosh 6100 value?

Of all the McIntosh pieces I have had and sold...15-20 probably by now. The MA6200 is the only one I wish I had kept! It is just an incredible piece of gear, good luck with your purchase. You will not be disappointed.
  4. Mc_Man

McIntosh MC275 value

Depends on which model generation it is, the condition, service history, what tubes it has etc...ballpark $4500
  5. Mc_Man

Selling Records

It just allows buyers to pay you via PayPal, also allows you to use PP for purchases and to pay your fees when you sell something.
  6. Mc_Man

Score of a lifetime - for fans of blues and jazz

Nice sore there. That Wilbur Harden "Tanganyika Strut" is the major score if it is an original deep groove RVG stamped Savoy. That is a tough one to find!
  7. Mc_Man

Your best flips

Too many to remember.... JBL L100 pair, paid $20 sold for $700 AR1 pair with Altec 755, paid $300 sold for $2500 The Tempos, Speaking of the Tempos record, .50 cent from GW, sold to a chap in Paris for $850 1974 Fender Strat sunburst finish(wish I had kept that one) $200 from a pawn shop, sold...
  8. Mc_Man

Acoustic Research AR1's....400 Bucks

Not the AR1's I was thinking of with the Altec 755, but sure looks like a lot of speaker for $400. :)
  9. Mc_Man

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

I can honestly say I have never seen the Power Guard lights come on with these amps. That is way further than I want to push them, at 50-60% volume on the C48 it will make your head explode.
  10. Mc_Man

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

2x MC7270 strapped, pushing 540 watts of glorious power to my JBL 4430's = sublime :)
  11. Mc_Man

C712 vs MX117

Can't comment on the C712, have not had any experience with that one. I do own the MX117 and absolutely love it, it has been said this preamp tuner is essentially the C504 preamp and MR75 tuner in one box. I have also owned the C504 and as a standalone preamp it is amazing as well, one of the...
  12. Mc_Man

Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" coming out on Clarity vinyl.

I bought day one of the pre-order and have already spun this gem 5 times. It is amazing in all regards, packaging and pressing are top notch. There are a lot of complaints on that other audio forum of people receiving noisy copies. Mine, # 3696 is dead quite and perfect in every way. There are...
  13. Mc_Man

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

^^^No, those can be real tricky to to track down, a lot of fakes as I am sure you already know. I will say sometimes the bows can be worth thousands, depending on what it is.
  14. Mc_Man

Sandy Springs GA McIntosh MR 74, amplifiers, MQ 101, Dual 1019, MX 113

What the heck is that Mc looking piece in the last pic, between the Mx113 and MC2505?
  15. Mc_Man

Social Circle GA JBL L150 speakers

Looks like those L150's have 035ti tweets, certainly not original. Wonder if crossovers was modified for them?
  16. Mc_Man

Good price for a C28 preamp and a MC7270 amp?

The 7270's are notorious for the power and meter switches going bad, had Terry replace the power switch on one of mine and now both have defunct meter switches, both stuck in hold mode and knob just spins endlessly.
  17. Mc_Man

Buyer beware in Anderson, SC - JBLs with BAD Surrounds

Called the company running the estate sale at around 10:30EST this morning and the speakers have already sold (they did have the grills by the way), but the lady said the 2270 was still available and today is 25% off day, $580 + tax for the 2270. Someone go get that!
  18. Mc_Man

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

"Prayer Meeting" is one of my favs by Jimmy Smith, nice pick up there. Can't go wrong with any Jimmy Smith! That Howard Roberts is REALLY good as well.
  19. Mc_Man

Seems greed and idiocy go hand in hand :crazy:
  20. Mc_Man

Yup that's the way to keep your local loyal customers around, send everything to shopgoodwill.com.
  21. Mc_Man

So hit one of our Goodwill stores yesterday, flip through the same boxes of records that have been there for weeks now. Same garbage, walk to the back where electronics and such are available, which happens to be right beside the door to the back room. I see a stack of records sitting on the...
  22. Mc_Man

Electro Voice Royal 400 w/18" woofers, Minneapolis

From what I can tell the mid drivers look to be some variant of the JBL LE-5
  23. Mc_Man

Marantz 2275 vs Pioneer SX-1050

Yea 2K is a lot of money for either of these units, of course we don't know where you are so market may reflect price. Can't compare as I have never had an SX-1050, but do own a 2275. Love the 2275 and based on looks alone it is the winner in my eyes.
  24. Mc_Man

This is really strange.....

I have a copy of The Isaac Hayes Movement where side 1 is Orson Welles War of the Worlds, talk about a strange one.
  25. Mc_Man

Album score for 2021

I would love to compare samples from all the pressing facilities, to see if any audible difference. I own a VG+ Terra Haute and a VG (narrow dead wax) from Specialty and aside from surface noise they sound the same to me. Whole Lotta Love will melt your face off!
Back
Top Bottom