Search results

1. klama2006

Vandersteens in the house!!!

Let us know what happens
  2. klama2006

Vandersteens in the house!!!

Not a big vand fan myself,,,,, nice name, but can't see them displacing the theils.
  3. klama2006

Bose 901 Response Graph

I think the room placement of speakers is one of the most important factors in the enjoyment of a tuned system.
  4. klama2006

Bose 901 Response Graph

I have a set of series II, and they can sound just as good as any speaker I have collected from that time period. Most speakers have flaws, and the 901 also have there share. They can also do somethings very well. In my concrete wall'd basement, I've never heard a better classical music speaker...
  5. klama2006

Speaker seperation

Every room is different. Just experiment
  6. klama2006

Equipment Between Speakers

Yea, speakers are weird. They can all be placed in a optimum position, and I've found it"s usually not where they look the best. The solution is to mark the best sounding spot , and allow for there removal back towards the wall, Just push them back against the wall for the rest of the...
  7. klama2006

Anyone Go Diagonal in a Small Room?

I don't think I could................ maybe if the room was symmetrical. ......Hell who cares what others may think, how does it sound? That's all that maters.
  8. klama2006

20wpc triode...what are some speaker options?

I'm surprised to see Tektons mentioned. I run another model, but once they entered my system, I have never been able to kick them out... and believe me, I have tried. I have a couple other difficult to acquire options to recommended. Unity Audio, Kinetic Audio, Fritz, Believe it or not...
  9. klama2006

Bottlehead S.E.X. amp - opinions?

I don't have any experience with the bottlehead product you ask about, so maybe my report is irrelevant, I am however a big supporter of a few of their other products. "Strait 8's, with a foreplay amp". I love it............ I believe Bottlehead puts out some nice stuff. The product you...
  10. klama2006

Dilemma....

When, After the divorce? If the wife doesn't like them in her house, there is not much left he can do.
  11. klama2006

Need vintage speaker recommendations

If you ever encounter a pair of rectilinear 3's, or jse infinite slopes, I would recommend either.
  12. klama2006

speaker positioning...height

I think I might take alot more time positioning my speakers than most. I believe horizontal position is just as important as verticle positioning. Then the axis on both is where all the fun comes into play.
  13. klama2006

Speaker ID

Maybe LINEUM
  14. klama2006

Cleaning Magnepans?

Vaccuum the hell out of them.................. I did.
  15. klama2006

Ikea's secret audio enthusiast

Do you hit burger King on the way back? Ikea has good lunches, but fails when trying to fill my belle.
  16. klama2006

Recommend Me Near-field speakers?

Agent bravo..... I haven't heard either the Adam's, or the Sieerra's.......... I will swear my senses by the tektons though. Every post I have made.....The good one's anyways, have been made listening to these.
  17. klama2006

Tube amp and SS pre do sound better

I've tried various setups. My conclusion is that I don't need tube's everywhere, but I do need them somewhere. I personally like tube pre's, and solid state amps.
  18. klama2006

Alot of us, have spent too much time Setting up are primary. Post it, and explain it.

Nope....... I'm sure Jerry is not 7" and a pain in the ass to move. Whenever my father stops by, He tells me the Indian looks like Paul Newman in some movie I can't remember.
  19. klama2006

the oldest component in your rig?

The only thing I buy new, is food, shoes, clothes, pets, and toilet paper. There is probably a few other things, but I try to buy nothing new unless I have too.
  20. klama2006

the oldest component in your rig?

Since I'm not a truck driver, I consider my house, my rig. This is the oldest working unit I have to offer. And let me tell you, she don't sound all that bad either! :nerd:
  21. klama2006

Tube amp and SS pre do sound better

There is really no answer to this, It's also going to be speaker dependent. I've had my best results with a tubed pre, and a solid state amp. I'm sure each and every person will come to there own conclusions, and it will depend on what else is in the questioned system.
  22. klama2006

Alot of us, have spent too much time Setting up are primary. Post it, and explain it.

I'm interested in hearing about your favorite system you have ever set up within your own residence, not the best system you have heard. I'm also interested in hearing what type of music you listen too, and what room conditions, allow your choices to excel. 1. What speakers did you settle on...
  23. klama2006

Which type of Music do your Main Speakers excel

Rect III's "Jazz, Acoustic"
  24. klama2006

What do you think about subwoofers?

Subs are an enigma for me. Man, do I hate them. There the hardest thing for me to get right. I will admit, when done right I do believe they sound well. But I have personally hated 90% of most attempts I have heard. I'm currently running one successfully with my computer system, but I also...
  25. klama2006

Do the frequencies I can't hear..matter..??

"Do the frequencies I can't hear..matter..?? " Ask my dog, The first time I placed a pair of super tweeters on top of my speakers, my pup gave that cocked head look, only a pup can do. Even though I thought things sounded better, It was then that I personally knew something was working the way...
Back
Top Bottom