Search results

1. G

Wondering if one of you wizards could help me identifying which transformer I need as per schematic?

Hi Guys, someone here once helped me out big time by letting me know what type of transformer I needed to buy to replace a dead, impossible to find one in a pioneer receiver. I now have a TASCAM audio console with a dead power transformer and couldn’t find any specs anywhere. The schematic...
  2. G

Pioneer SX-636 - wrong capacitor Value in Power Supply - advice needed

Hi, I'm sitting here almost finishing recapping / re-transistoring my SX-636 and I'm down to the last couple caps - then I come across a capacitor which seems way off. According to the service manual and the recap shopping lists available on this forum - C12 on the power supply board is...
  3. G

Using a single amplifier output to connect to both a speaker and a line level converter?? ohms??

I suppose that’s also very true - I have had all my receivers open when I first got them doing repairs - and I’ve never had one with two amp sections! I suppose I could also stop being lazy, pull out my multimeter and check the impedance! Greetings from Sydney Australia!
  4. G

Using a single amplifier output to connect to both a speaker and a line level converter?? ohms??

I had a feeling that it was probably a very high impedance and just thought I’d check first just in case the thing had some kind of dummy load built into it to mimic the load of a set of speakers. Thanks for that
  5. G

NAD 7020e help...

https://www.jaycar.com.au/12-6v-ct-7va-500ma-centre-tapped-type-2853-transformer/p/MM2013
  6. G

Hi, Ive got an interesting idea that I wanted to run past people with more expertise than me. On one of my systems - I have an amplifier with two sets of speaker outputs (A and B). on this system I run my Speaker A outputs to my speakers - and my Speaker B outputs to a "speaker level to line...
  7. G

power transformer questions

Hi guys, Sorry I vanished for a little while. I went out of town. The issue that I have is that the board itself does not have the components labelled and I'm finding the diagrams in the service manual a bit too hard to read. I've done this kind of trouble shooting before where I have printed...
  8. G

TP1 = -3.29v TP2 = -3.49v TP3 = -3.57v TP4 = -3.45v
  9. G

I just checked for a click, and I'll be honest, it's hard to tell since the power button itself makes a loud click - but I don't think the relay is clicking
  10. G

To be honest - I don't recall what wattage I put in it about a year ago, but I've used it on many amps and the wattage seems to be a nice little sweet spot where the bulb dims down to a faint little glow when an amp is working fine and burns full brightness when ever I've had a dead short...
  11. G

Thanks for the tips guys, turns out that it was bad soldering on the switch. Resoldered it and it can power on now. Powered it on with a dim bulb tester first and the buld is glowing full brightness without any power light coming on on the front of the unit
  12. G

Hi, thanks for the advice! I performed these checks. The resistance checks seems ok, a few ohms and nearly short. But I'm not measuring any voltage between the two red wires of the secondary
  13. G

Hi, I'm by no means an electronics expert, but I have managed to do a fair bit of fixing work on my own equipment in the past, however , i'm not experienced with power transformers. I just stumbled across a Pioneer A-5 amplifier which is completely dead (wont power on). I put my multimeter on...
  14. G

NAD 4240PE - no voltage drop across Emitter resistor?

None of the diodes are on a heatsink. 5 transistors on each side of the heatsink
  15. G

So - on Hifi Engine - there are two versions of the schematic - https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nad/3240pe.shtml The version which says "alt scan" is actually the wrong model. This is the service manual for the NAD 3240, while mine is the 3240PE model. Their first version of the...
  16. G

i am close to finishing a repair on a NAD 3240pe amplifier that I acquired. I've so far replaced 15 components in the right channel. Every one of the heatsink mounted transistors were shorted as well as a few of the non heatsink mounted ones, I also had 4 shorted diodes and a number of...
  17. G

HA1452 IC in Pioneer SA5300

Ok - this is a bit off topic from the original post, but I'm confused.... The past year I was believing that most transistors I come across in these vintage Amps were out of production and have been finding modern equivalents to substitute. There are only a very limited number of suppliers...
  18. G

Hopefully my reply didn't come across as rude. I absolutely appreciate the advice. I was just making sure that I wasn't going to fall into a trap that many others had possibly already learnt from. Living in Australia the postage is usually a lot more than the part itself. Which means that I'll...
  19. G

Yes - that is one of the first google search results. Part of my original post was asking about legitimacy of such sellers
  20. G

Hi, I've been breathing life back into an old SA5300 integrated amplifier. I'm at a point where the amp is very nice cosmetically and works beautifully apart from the phono stage. The amp has been fully recapped and had all transistors replaced and I believe that it needs to have the HA1452...
  21. G

Zener Diode Replacement

Ah ok - so that figure is just a max handling? Like the voltage rating on a capacitor. Thanks a lot for the info!
  22. G

Zener Diode Replacement

hi, I need to replace a shorted UZ-15BL Zener Diode. I have experience with replacing these diodes. Is it ok to just another 15v Zener Diode - or do I need to match over specs as well? The only local store in my small town that sells components has a 14744 1 Zener Diode. Both diodes are 15v...
  23. G

Connecting Active Subwoofers to Vintage Receivers

Bingo! Looking for suggestions on good devices to use
  24. G

Connecting Active Subwoofers to Vintage Receivers

Well I'm not continuing on a tangent of using a Y Split cable - I started this thread to see suggestions of active buffering devices that people know of to help someone in a situation where their setup doesn't meet the requiments that you have outlined above. That Rane article is good isn't it...
Back
Top Bottom