Search results

1. mrntzintenn

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

Kg 3.2's powered by recapped Sansui 350A/
  2. mrntzintenn

Onkyo TX-8160 or?

Here is my setup. Onkyo TX-8160 receiver, Cambridge AXC35 CD player, Wharfedale Diamond 225 speakers, Klipsch R-10SW sub. I also use my android phone wired to stream Spotify. My question is, would I gain anything sound quality wise, by switching to an integrated amp. Room is a carpeted 20 x 20...
  3. mrntzintenn

I haven't logged on here in a while but if I remember correctly you repair vintage equipment. I...

I haven't logged on here in a while but if I remember correctly you repair vintage equipment. I live in Murfreesboro, Tn and have a Sansui 9090db and Concept 11.0 that are non working I would like to have checked out. Here is my info Lee Campbell 615-653-2624
  4. mrntzintenn

Great live artists whose recordings don't inspire

Phish Widespread Panic Gov't Mule UFO Blue Oyster Cult
  5. mrntzintenn

Greatest Rock Guitarist

Ritchie Blackmore Joe Satriani John Petrucci Gary Moore Eddie Van Halen My 5 personal favorites
  6. mrntzintenn

compare nad, cambridge, marantz cdps?

I have the Marantz and it sounds great and performs flawlessly. I have had 3 different NAD CD players and all had disk reading issues. I will never buy NAD again.
  7. mrntzintenn

Your Fav PROG ROCk Records?

Check out Quantum by Planet X. Drumming is awesome!
  8. mrntzintenn

Need help with new amp and preamp upgrade!

The owners manuel doesnt list the 4 ohm output. I am thrilled with the way my ADS L710's sound with this combo and they are 4 ohm. Rotel 1562 and 1572 double the rated power into 4 ohms.
  9. mrntzintenn

Need help with new amp and preamp upgrade!

Check out the Rotel RB-1552 Amp and RC-1550 Preamp.
  10. mrntzintenn

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Devil's Slingshot
  11. mrntzintenn

ADS L710 vs L810 & L730

The vintage Marantz receivers aren't very fond of pushing 6 and 4 ohm loads. Even my 2325 will only push my 710's at low volume levels so be careful if you go with a 4 ohm set.
  12. mrntzintenn

I am thinking pro-audio amps...need help!

For those who followed this thread here is an update. Received the Parasound HCA-800 yesterday and have now listened to it for about 3 hours. First off it was in much better condition than in the pictures. That is always a good suprise. Sonically, it sounds great with my Mac C26 and ADS L710's...
  13. mrntzintenn

I will let everyone know how I like the Parasound.
  14. mrntzintenn

I got the Parasound for $143.50. A pretty good deal I think. Need to listen to pro audio before I buy...seems like people either love em or hate em. LOL
  15. mrntzintenn

The Beheringer sounds promising. At that price I may just have to give it a chance especially since no fans.
  16. mrntzintenn

I think sound quaity would no be a problem with the pre and speakers I have. I am more worried about reliability, fan noise, and ease of hooking up to my existing equipment.
  17. mrntzintenn

I will look into these suggestions. Thanks!
  18. mrntzintenn

How about a Parasound HCA-800?
  19. mrntzintenn

The 710's are 4 ohm. My Mac amp is currently giving me problems. My Onkyo is in my living room 2 channel system. Vintage receivers I have dont really like 4 ohm loads. Just checking out alternatives. Maybe from the opinions so far I am looking in the wrong direction. Ok, same price range...
  20. mrntzintenn

Is that from personal experiences? Can you steer me clear from certain amps? I know I am asking for a lot at my price point but I am looking for advice from people who have experience with some of the new amps.
  21. mrntzintenn

There are new amps out there in my price range and that is where I want to look first. It is possible I settle on used if my search doesn't bring satisfactory results.
  22. mrntzintenn

Ok here is what I am looking at. First off my budget is $200-$400 and I want to buy new. I am wanting to try a pro-audio amp in my bedroom system in conjunction with a Mcintosh C26 pre and ADS 710 speakers. I am looking for suggestions at which new amps I should be looking at in relationship to...
  23. mrntzintenn

Best as well as most disappointing live show...?

Best~G3(Satriani Vai and Malmsteen) at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville Robert Cray at the Mercy Lounge in Nashville Buddy Guy at Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis Worst~The Who at MTSU in Murfreesboro-Moon got sick after 3 songs and they left the stage and never made it up
  24. mrntzintenn

What album really blew your mind and still stands out....

Joe Bonamassa~You and me. I had never heard of him and listen to a couple of tracks on the internet and then went and bought the CD. Awesome stuff!
Back
Top Bottom